• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Need Advice, Please!

55 posts in this topic

Thank you GFinDC

They got to terminal ileum, but couldn't see any problems!  They did say they'd do a pillcam next, I really hope they do as I am convinced her problems are in her small bowel! 

xx

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Any news on the Julie front Niks?  IS she closer to a diagnosis?  Or to a  pillcam and her Hollywood debut? :)

She has been dreadful. Admitted for fluids and IV antisickness 3 times over last 2 weeks. Also once for kidney stones!! She's never had kidney stones before!! She also has a UTI poor thing.

She's losing weight rapidly and not keeping any solid food down. Luckily at the moment she is keeping clear fluids down, but this is hit and miss!

Next GI appointment is next Tuesday, but have no dates for pillcam! They're also doing stomach emptying test but haven't got date for that either.

She's being followed up by nurologist after kidney stones, sure that'll be months away!! :(

Bummer!  Sorry Niks,  These things can be a long road sometimes.  I wonder if any of her meds have kidney stones as a possible side affect?  Are they treating them with ultra sound?

It sounds like she might have a blockage in her intestine.  They do have surgeries that can treat that condition.  My brother had several surgeries for his Crohn's and did much better after them.  I had a coworker with Crohn's who had large sections of her gut removed and she did fine afterwards.  She just had to eat small meals more frequently.  That was years ago though and I think they have better drugs available now.  So surgery may not be needed at all.

Enteral nutrition is sometimes used to help calm down the immune attack on the gut.  It is supposed to be less irritating and easier to absorb too.  It is supposed to be a kind of stabilizing / healing treatment.

Thanks for the update.  I hope and pray that Julie will get relief soon. :)

GFinDC - Thank you!  The problem is Jaime has no diagnosis of Crohn's!  They can't 'rule it out' but haven't seen any active crohn's on any scopes.  There are a meters of small intestine that can't be seen on scopes so it is extrememly frustrating!

She has previously been on fortisip compact when she hasn't been tolerating solids but as she stands right now she can't keep them down either.  

She is just hanging on until next Tuesday, they are going to have to come up with a plan, I think EN might work but they may have to bypass her stomach. Not sure how that's going to go down!  They think the kidney stones were caused through severe  dehydration.  I just hope that she can keep hydrated enough until her appointment.

They think that the stones have passed by themselves.  

Ads by Google: