• Join our community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease?  Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes

Rate this topic

Hey,

I came across this awesome recipe online which is really really easy to make and super delicious. 

Ingredients:

2 mashed bananas

1 egg

1 heaping tablespoon of almond butter

Mix ingredients together, and there's your batter.  Simple as that.  Cook on a low heat as you would normal pancakes. 

If the mix is too runny simply add more almond butter (I buy the brand Nuts to You Nut Butter and get the Almond and Hazelnut Butter)  or what I have started doing is adding ground flax and chia seeds to help thicken. 

Cinnamon added to taste is a great way to spice this up for a good morning jolt and is as well used medicinally as a digestive aid. 

Hope you dig it. 

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Add some gluten-free oats, a little vanilla,  and press it into a pan and bake.  Cut into "cereal bar" sizes, wrap and freeze. 

Sounds good too as pancakes.  Kinda like fried plantains, but sweeter.  Thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    DEBBIE_ANN

• Topics

• Yeah someone else said a few weeks ago that there local manger was very antimate that NONE of their shakes with celiac safe....as pointed out if one shake has gluten.....they use the same shake mixing machine...so THEY ALL will have gluten at that facility.....
    • I just saw your profile says thalassemia. My doc blames part of the microcytic anemia on thalassemia trait even though all my thalassemia gene tests have come back negative (and I don't have the right ethnic background). In a way I am hoping it is a FODMAP (carbohydrate) sensitivity instead of a gluten allergy because at least with the FODMAP you just have to stay low FODMAP and don't have to worry about crumbs and gluten cross-contamination like with celiac. I will check back in in 6 months once I see whether there are specific foods I can't eat or if it really does come down to gluten  Thanks for your support!!
    • Good for you for trying to manage your health.  My only suggestion would be to find another doctor.  Obviously, he does not even follow standard recommendations for screening.  I would worry that he overlooks other things too.  It never hurts to get a second opinion.  Second opinions have saved my family from unwanted surgeries and incorrect treatment.   The IgA (Immunoglobulin A) Test, in the case of celiac disease testing,  is a control test.  If he had ordered it, you would have known if the results are valid or not.  Now you are left in diagnostic Limboland.  Again, my TTG was negative it has never been positive even in follow-up testing.   You can go gluten free for life.  My hubby did that 17 years ago some 12 years prior to my diagnosis (per the advice of his GP and my my allergist).  But he will be the first to tell you that I get way more support from family, friends and medical. I wish you well!  
    • Okay so I had a peanut butter milkshake from steak n shake last night. I'm nearly positive that every thing else I've had recently has been gluten free. I have been feeling like my stomach is acting up a bit lately, but after this milkshake it is so much more intense. I considered maybe I'm sensitive to dairy too, but in the last few days  I've had plenty of dairy that didn't make me react  like this. The steak n shake website didn't list any real specifics on ingredients for milkshakes. I read in other forums that some shakes use a malt mix or syrup ( which I didn't see mentioned on the site), but it is corn based. I called the my local steak n shake and the guy said he is "pretty sure" it's corn based.  I called the customer service line and they couldn't tell me if it was gluten free or not. I found ONE listing on a website that said all shakes were gluten free expect peanut butter and one other flavor. I know this seems like a lot for one shake, but I'm so tired of not knowing what makes me sick. Has anyone else had an experience with this or has anymore knowledge about steak and shakes products?
    • So my tTG-IgA result came back negative. Doc did not do the total IgA so I could be in the 2% false negative. However my ferritin continues to fall (at 25 now so getting borderline to need another iron infusion, 6 months ago it was 50) and reflux was keeping me up at night so after the blood test I went on a gluten free and low FODMAP diet. 6 days later my reflux is gone! I had no idea it could work that quickly. I still feel like there is a lump in my esophagus and have a bit of difficulty swallowing (think I still have irritation in that area) but no more acid and regurgitation! Also have not had a single episode of gas or urgency or days with 8 BMs.  It has only been 6 days so maybe I am just having a good spell but am going to continue gluten free and low FODMAP for a month and then see if there are any FODMAP foods I can eat (but not gluten unless my doc decides I should have a biopsy) (I miss pears and apples). I guess the real test is to see if my ferritin levels start to go up-testing again in 6 months. The diet is very restrictive but worth it if it gets rid of the reflux and other symptoms. BTW post-menopausal (and before that I had an IUD for 10 years TMI) so no periods to blame for chronic microcytic/hypochromic anemia. Doc says "that's normal for you, you just don't absorb iron very well".
  • Upcoming Events