• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Celiac Disease Patients Have Higher Lymphoma Risk - Science 2.0

1 post in this topic

Celiac Disease Patients Have Higher Lymphoma Risk

Science 2.0

Celiac disease who had persistent intestinal damage - identified with repeat biopsy - showed a higher risk of lymphoma than patients whose intestines healed, according to a new paper. Celiac disease is an autoimmune disease that affects up to one ...

View the full article

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    spartnbu

• Topics

• Hello.  I was wondering what flavor the potato chips were.  Some flavors have dairy in them, like sour cream and onion, or ranch, or cheese.   Sometimes people with Celiac Disease develop an intolerance, or even an allergy, to dairy which can affect behavior, too. Some chips have flavor enhancers akin to MSG that might trigger a reaction.   Potato chips are processed with sulfites to prevent them from discoloration.  Some Celiacs develop a sensitivity to Sulfites in the diet.   And some Celiacs find it helpful to remove nightshade vegetables (potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant, and peppers) from their diets. Every one is different and reacts differently their own triggers.   I agree with Kareng.  You need to talk to your son.  I bet he feels embarrassed by his behavior, and is perhaps scared of not being able to control himself.  Your reassurance that he has your support can be invaluable.   You and your son might want to figure out together a plan of action if the situation arises again.  Help him learn to recognize when he's reacting and help him get through it.  Skipping rope to burn off the extra energy, puzzle books to focus the mind, soft lights and music, writing in a journal or coloring, or a clock ticking are things that may help.  But your love and support will be most important. Hope this helps.  Be encouraged.            
    • I think this site is a far better source of info and support than any of the Facebook groups I've seen. Its certainly been a great help to me. I found that too much web surfing on some other sites including Facebook just made things more difficult, there are either sites pushing commercial solutions with little real scientific grounding or there are often well meaning people with particular axes to grind offering dubious advice.  I stopped visiting those sites finally as they just added to the climate of fear and anxiety around diet and health. If your journey is any way like mine, you'll find that things get much better, both in terms of adapting to the diet and also in your general health and well being. The first weeks are hard but as you learn to read labels, know which are your safe products and make sure you are completely gluten free then your body will do the rest.  
    • Looks like this soup does contain gluten: https://www.chilis.com/docs/Chilis-Allergen-Generic.pdf The page that lists gluten free options does not show the enchilada soup as being gluten free (scroll down a few pages).  
    • Okay, you ordered it online.  What does the ingredient label say?  I did not even know they made a canned or packaged soup?  Or did you order online and picked it up at the restaurant?   Maybe there is no gluten at all.  Maybe they only use masa flour (corn) as the soup base.  
    • I ordered it online and it was an accident. The store is now closed and the internet is not offering any solutions. The customer service helpline is useless.
  • Upcoming Events