This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Anyone Eaten Domino's Gluten-Free Pizza Recently?

Veghead1234

Ennis-TX Grand Master
7 minutes ago, Feeneyja said:

Really?  Do you have a name?  I would love a frozen "pizza" we can have right now (FYI, we are grain free because gluten seems to have messed up my daughter's digestion sufficiently so she has to stay on top of chronic SIBO). 

Edit:  Oops. Just saw the link!  Thank you!!

There is that company for the meat one, there is 3 other companies that make grain free pizza options 2 are dough kits ot make your own pizza and one other one makes frozen couliflower crust with even vegan options for dairy free (I use them or the dough kits when in a hurry) Simple Mills, Julians Bakery both make dough kits/mixes grain free. Califlour foods makes the crust premade also with vegan options, you add your own toppings.

OH Juilans Bakery also makes grain free bread you can buy, bread mixes. and both simple mills and julians make waffe/pancake, and muffin mixes grain free.

• 3 weeks later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

chefkaren71 Rookie

I am on the road a bit and tried it in many cities. I have not had any problems. I do always call my order in rather than just using the online ordering so I can emphasize the seriousness of having it totally gluten-free. They can get expensive, what doesn't these days, but I LOVE that you can add any sauce, cheese and toppings that you rather than just one or two choices for gluten-free and that is it.  

• 2 months later...
cralesich Newbie

I recently Ate Dominos Gluten free and had/have a horrible reaction. In Fact i could have ate a piece of gluten bread and had less of a reaction. It was like the Entire pizza was Gluten. I'm Itchy and Have the good ole D that Imodium wont hardly help. Might end up taking a couple of days of Xifaxan to straighten me out. I ate Pizza Hut Gluten free in the past and did not have a reaction at all. SO Be very careful, this is my 2nd time trying Domino's gluten free and having issues, bad issues.

• 3 months later...
Bec the Lemon Apprentice

Im not sure about if its safe or not? (Im one of those that does not feel the symptoms of being glutened) but Ive tasted it and it tastes horrible. Its like eating heated cardboard and nothing like their normal pizza. Or any decent pizza for that matter. If youre going to risk cross contamination for pizza I highly recommend trying literally anything else. seriously the worst pizza ive ever had

lyfan Contributor

Xifaxin is an antibiotic, and gluten poisoning is not caused by or related to bacteria. So what is the logic in taking Xifaxin to "cure" a dose of gluten poisoning?

My (late) friend's son owns a pizzaria in NJ. He gets gluten-free pizza crusts from his distributor. Frozen, on disposable aluminum platters to ensure no flour is picked up in the pizza oven, poly-bagged to ensure they stay clean. All he has to do--for a number of years now--is keep clean when he adds the other ingredients, and he's never had a complaint. I believe this is the same program that Udi's is using with Pizza Hut now, to supply them with gluten-free pizza crusts.

On the cross-contamination? A pizza oven is around 700-800F, well hot enough to destroy gluten proteins. A *careful* owner, who understands simple hygiene, could easily decontaminate the oven floor if things weren't busy, or use the supplied clean gluten-free trays with those crusts. Similarly, if there is "flour flying around all over" that will leave a pasty dust on the walls and fixtures which is going to invite rats and roaches. It is simple good hygiene to keep a food prep area clean, and it should not be hard to keep it dust-free for the few minutes it takes to top a pizza crust and pop it in the oven. (And any flour that's flying around, is also money being tossed out the door.)

But then again, so many people come down with food poisoning every year and go to ER's, because someone couldn't figure out how to keep things clean in a food prep area anyway. Gluten or not.

I've had good luck with California Pizza Kitchen, where apparently my local knows how to keep things clean in their kitchen.

If the prep guys don't know how to keep things clean, and they don't know what allergens are, and they sometimes speak no known language...do you want to eat there anyway?

• 4 months later...
julie falco Explorer

has anyone tried Caulipower pizza crust or pizza already with toppings,  it is delicious I buy the plane crust and add my own sauce and mozzarella and oregano, it is so delicious they sell it in the supermarkets.....

Ennis-TX Grand Master
17 minutes ago, julie falco said:

has anyone tried Caulipower pizza crust or pizza already with toppings,  it is delicious I buy the plane crust and add my own sauce and mozzarella and oregano, it is so delicious they sell it in the supermarkets.....

I use Califlour foods plant one myself. It is lower carb, and easier for my gut. Really the only crust I can eat. I even will pre cut it up into squares and bake pizza chips out of it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 2 months later...
Legolass Newbie

Not about Domino's but about a similar Pizza chain. My ex worked at Hungry Howie's which has the same disclaimer: gluten free pizza but not safe for those with Celiac or allergies. He took home a frozen, still-wrappped crust one day to show me and the crust itself is definitely gluten free, but he told me never to order one there. They cook it in the same oven with all the other pizzas, on the same rack, and with the same utensils. Long before this I had ordered one with my family and gotten terribly ill. Pizza chains have these options for those who are gluten-free just as a choice, but they make no efforts to protect against CC. If you happen to be near a California Pizza Kitchen however, they actually have a certified kitchen by the GIG  and follow CC procedures. I have never gotten sick there.

• 1 year later...
CactusLadySouth Newbie

I have tried Domino's gluten free several times and it doesn't take more than a couple of bites and I get very sick.   I would not consider my self over sensitive to gluten but there is something in their crust that is triggering me  very quickly,  at first I looked for xanthan gum because that triggers me the same as wheat but it does not list this on their ingredients so I don't know if it is cross contamination or what?