This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

"no Shampoo"

BelleVie

ceceliac Apprentice

I wash my hair with an egg yolk instead of shampoo!! i've been shampoo free since april last year, i personally gave up shampoo because my hair was a mess, it was all poofy and frizzy, very tangled and looked horrible, it also fell a lot. Now i know many of those problems may have been caused by gluten, or who knows what, but washing it with eggs helped a lot! it's so simple, i only use the egg yolk on my scalp, let it there for some minutes (3 or 4min) and then rinse it with cold or cool water (not warm or the egg will get cooked)

sometimes i do a vinegar rise or essential oil rinse so it gets a nice smell, but the egg itself, if well rinsed, doesn't leave any ewww smell.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

BelleVie Enthusiast

I do egg washes too, sometimes! It's funny that you warned about not rinsing in hot water. I did that the first time. Needless to say…I had scrambled eggs in my hair for the rest of the day. Lol. 

Adalaide Mentor

I used to use protein products. Since I gave up all products I've missed that. I don't have it in me to do a cool shower in the winter, but at least I know I have a solution in the spring.

Also, I cut my hair off shoulder length like a week or two ago. (Which is super short for me.) Things still seem to all be in order. I'm thinking it's time to add herbs to my rinse again so I can get dark highlights for the winter. I'm just trying to decide if I want to go mild or go all the way and do walnut powder.

ceceliac Apprentice

I don't have it in me to do a cool shower in the winter, but at least I know I have a solution in the spring.

It's not necessary that you use only cold or cool water, you can use warm water too (i dont shower with cold water in winter, brrr!!! xD ) just make sure it's not scalding :) 

Adalaide Mentor

It's not necessary that you use only cold or cool water, you can use warm water too (i dont shower with cold water in winter, brrr!!! xD ) just make sure it's not scalding :)

My winter showers are generally hot enough to turn me pink. :ph34r: It isn't particularly toasty in the house and I don't get to control the thermostat, but what I can control is my shower temp. It's a rare occasion that I heat style or blow dry so I think I'll make it to spring when cooler showers are my norm. :)

• 3 weeks later...
BelleVie Enthusiast

So, update on this. I did the baking soda/vinegar thing for about two months. At first, it was great! My hair was healthy and shiny and I loved it. But as time went on, it got clumpy and greasy and nothing seemed to help. I REALLY wanted no shampoo to work for me, but it just didn't. I tried homemade stuff with castile soap, but that left my hair a grease ball as well, so I'm back to organic, natural shampoo. Sigh. 

1desperateladysaved Proficient

Homemade shampoo bars clean really well. 

D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 2 weeks later...
Aquadan005 Rookie

Number 3 clipper on the top and a number 2 on the sides and back. Ivory soap does a great job !!

Archived