This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

About Hubby

w8in4dave

w8in4dave Community Regular

Ok well we all know what my issues are, now hubbs is asking me if it is contagious , all kidding aside my question is this.... I have been eating at home Gluten free for a few months. Hubbs has mostly been Gluten Free once in a while he wants some good ol Glutenized Mac and Cheese. Today he wanted more, so I reached for the Kraft , he said "no no not that kind". He said it has been bothering him , giving him the big D. So he got another kind. Do any of you guys think it is because he has been Gluten Free? weeks at a time.. then eats a box of glutenized Mac and Cheese? Would that give him the big D?? 

I know If I eat it I will get sicker than a dog, But he does not have Celiac and has never been sensitive to it. Mr. Iron Gut!! so going from non Gluten to Gluten would bother him??? 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

shadowicewolf Proficient

Well, a good test would be to test it by doing a homemade version.

Has he been eating really healthy? That could be the reason right there.

When You say home made version you mean of Mac and Cheese? I bought another brand. He ate it tonight. So I don't think he will have a problem until he gets to work ...  :ph34r:  Oops! But he is the one who wanted it.... Do you think he will get sensitive to Gluten? He will be so ticked at me lol!! Now I think back he did get sick drinking a beer one day ...

notme Experienced

my hubs has been having carpel tunnel problems and has even been to a surgeon, but surgery got cancelled or something - it has been bothering him for years, but he kept putting it off.  but he would wake up in pain from it, used to wear a brace when he slept, etc..  the other night i asked him about it because he hasn't been complaining about it or flexing his hand like he does when it hurts or goes numb.  he says, "it seems to be better since we've been gluten free"  i was pretty surprised that he thought that.  but it isn't bothering him so much (but he still drinks regular beer? :blink: )  go figure.  but if it saves us from making 2 kinds of pasta all the time, i'm down with it.

GF Lover Rising Star

My Hubs is a sausage biscuit and gravy addict.  Over the summer he started making his breakfast using gluten-free Flours.  Says it sits better with him.  He is not Celiac but he does benefit from gluten free options. 

Colleen

bartfull Rising Star

It could be that he is just not used to all the CRAP they put in most processed foods anymore. I think if anyone went on a whole foods diet for a few months and then ate the chemical stew that most processed "foods" have become, they would get sick too.

shadowicewolf Proficient

It could be that he is just not used to all the CRAP they put in most processed foods anymore. I think if anyone went on a whole foods diet for a few months and then ate the chemical stew that most processed "foods" have become, they would get sick too.

That was my second thought.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ok so he might be getting a lil sensitive to it ... Thats ok :) He is eating healthier as I am also :) so when he is in the mood for a bunch of Gluten he may suffer a lil bit. Ohhh well he will have to either live with it or be all gluten-free like me!! usually if we have noodles I make gluten-free and he eats it and likes it! But he wanted Gluten! LOL What ever Dave! hahaha Get sick on your Gluten hehehe .. J/K really! I would love for him to go gluten-free!! 

IrishHeart Veteran

If someone is not gluten intolerant, he can eat gluten, not eat gluten, eat gluten--- off and on ---and never notice a thing. They do not have a gluten intolerance.

That said, if your husband has been COMPLETELY gluten free, then eats gluten and gets sick from it, it's because he has had a gluten problem

all along, not because he "suddenly became gluten sensitive" by going without it on occasion. 

Food intolerances do not work that way.

My hubs went gluten-free with me after my DX because he honestly felt it gave me the best shot at recovery. He has had an occasional Guinness from time to time and nothing happens. He did not "acquire a gluten sensitivity" from being gluten-free for nearly 3 years, in other words.

notme Experienced

yah, i was thinking that - less junk food is probably it for my hubs.  even that is pretty amazing - his arm was really bothering him!  now it doesn't hurt at all.........wierdddd.............

Ok I see what your saying, well now I am thinking it wasn't a problem for him. He didn't get sick from the other brand. Last night he ate regular spaghetti noodles no problem. Something eles he is eating is bothering him , I don't think it is on again off again Gluten. He actually was thinking that, and I thought well yea maby .. So hmmm Maby we will do a food diary on him and try and figure this out .. And actually I put cookies in his lunch every day. Gluten cookies so he eats gluten every day. SO i guess I forgot about that. He needs to not eat all that crap he eats anyway. Mac and cheese!! Pffttt that processed dehydrated cheese I don't think is good for anyone!!!!!

Archived