• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Glutening Dreams

7 posts in this topic

I thought this would be a pretty funny topic. Has anyone had any bad dreams about glutening yourself? I've had a few, and they crack me up the next day. I've had this same dream about pizza and cupcakes:

I happily take several bites of food.

Put food down on the table.

Look at food.

Eyes go wide with realization.

"Dear god, WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!?!"

End of dream, lol.

:)

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

I had pretty much the same dream only it was a whole wheat bun.  I took a bite, chewed and swallowed, then realized it was something I shouldn't be eating.  I had that dream about 3 years after going gluten free.

I have been gluten free for 6 years, but there are still some foods that I miss dearly. So.... when I occasionally have trouble going to sleet at night I pretend someone developed a shot that would let me eat anything at all for one day. Then I start lining up the foods I want in order of consumption. Baklava (sp) is always first! Soon I go to sleep and have food dreams.

I had a dream right before I started the gluten challenge, that my cousin was at a restaurant and ordered $1000 in bread. I'm not kidding, I was watching her from my dream and she sat at a table with one of our other cousins and another friend and as the server arrived to ask what they would like to order, she looked at the server and said "$1000 in bread, $1000 in meat and $1000 in salads". There is more to the story of course, but it was just weird.

I have these dreams, but they end up more being nightmares with me trying toget the food I've eaten out of my mouth. Then I wake up and have to figure out if I really ate something I shouldn't have. I've been gluten free for 4 years, and the dreams happen about every six months or so.

Ads by Google:

I had another one last night. I ate some junkie mac and cheese and said, "Well, now let's time how long my reaction takes to kick in."

I don't know what my reaction time is. I've considered glutening myself to find out, but then I think it's silly to make myself feel miserable for a week. Much better things to do with my time.

Funny that I still have these after being 2.5 years gluten-free.

Just last night...I dreamt that I made a PB&J sandwich on normal bread...looked at it, then threw it in the trash.  I think this is a result of me having been glutened a week or so ago, and reacting TERRIBLY to it!  Made me laugh though...the things that stick in our minds!