This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Posting Photos

WinterSong

WinterSong Community Regular

I may be missing this, but is there a way to post photos in a thread? I'd love to show off how great my homemade bagels look :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

notme Experienced

the box you post in has a box beside the post button 'more reply options' that will give you the option to add an attachment.  i have done it but sometimes it comes out really small and i don't know why that is.  but it should work :)  what?  you didn't eat them all yet?  lolz  :lol:

I took the picture before I ate them all!  :D

And thanks!

Huh. I hit "more reply options", but it just brought me to another page with a reply box exactly like the one I'm typing in now....hmm....

psawyer Proficient

You need to load them into a site to which you can link, such as flickr or photobucket. Then post the link using the IMG tag:

Martini3.webp

The above image is created by posting:

[img=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e339/tortoiseshell2002/Psillies/Martini3.webp]

If you don't want to code the tags yourself, in the rich editor there is a button on the second row of the toolbar, below and slightly left of the smiley. With the cursor where you want to insert the image, click it. Type or paste the photo's url in the box.

kareng Grand Master

the box you post in has a box beside the post button 'more reply options' that will give you the option to add an attachment.  i have done it but sometimes it comes out really small and i don't know why that is.  but it should work :)  what?  you didn't eat them all yet?  lolz  :lol:

I think only Mods can use that option?

Adalaide Mentor

I put all my photos on photobucket then link them with the "Image" link. I use the tools on photobucket to size and crop the photos the way I want them to look when I post them. I believe, although I could be wrong, that it is the "direct link" url that you use from photobucket to link them.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

notme Experienced

I think only Mods can use that option?

o, snap, i didn't think of that.  that option allowed me to pull it from a photo file on my computer.  if i sign in, i'm still me, so i can't check! 

Thanks! Got it!

kareng Grand Master

Thanks! Got it!

What I have done before is make the pic my Avatar picture for a few days.  You could get us all drooling everywhere you post!

kareng Grand Master

coopampgracienov2012.webp

Yeah!  I made it work!

• 11 months later...
1desperateladysaved Proficient

I wanted to post Before and after pictures, perhaps to my blog or a post.  But I do not understand these directions.  Maybe my 10 year old can help me?  Otherwise could someone put this into plain sense for me?

computerHopeless!

psawyer Proficient

Please read my post of October 17, 2013, above. The photo(s) must be on a site with general access. Then refer to them using the img/img tag pairs. Or, in the advanced editor, use the "image" button (it reminds me of a Polaroid pic) located on the second row just under and to the left of the smiley face. You will need the URL for the link. Sites like Flickr and Photobucket have a button to copy it to your clipboard. Then just paste it (CTRL-V) into the link.

I did read it, but I had never heard of photo bucket.  Anyway, now I have, andI got it downloaded to photobucket, but so far no go on posting it!  I will try again today.  Thanks Peter.  Probably I need to use something besides Google?

I THINK that it is done!

Dee

I guess I didn't do it right.  Can anyone explain how to get from photo bucket to the post?  Keep in mind I am not technical.  It took me hours to get it to photobucket!  IF it is stated above, I thought I followed it, but mine had trouble.

notme Experienced

post-37366-0-87801200-1412369033_thumb.j 

testing...

ok - go to 'more reply options' and choose 'attach file' then 'choose file' and it should bring up your photo file on your computer (this is how i did it) then choose which file you want and click 'attach file' (you should see the file name beside the words 'choose file')  then choose 'add to post' and it should show up as a jpg file in your post.  the picture will appear when you post it.  

otherwise, get the 10 yr old to do it!  lolz!  :D

Thanks.  I found this after I finally somehow got it.  The pictures are embarrassing large to a shy lady, but if it works now, I gotta bear with it.

Archived