This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Super Mainstream gluten-free Snacks

africanqueen99

africanqueen99 Contributor

I'm looking to put together a list for Girl Scouts, soccer parents, etc of the absolute most mainstream gluten-free snacks that my kids can eat.  We are talking about the people that usually throw individual cheeze-it bags and capri-suns on the table for the kids.

Help me brainstorm!

* Individually wrapped string cheese

* Individually tubed yogurt (go-gurt and the like)

* Go-go Squeeze applesauce

* Fruit - apples, strawberries, grapes, etc (washed but not cut)

* Pirate's Booty

And, yes, I will keep back-up snacks in my purse in case I need to switch something out at the last minute...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

shadowicewolf Proficient

I'm looking to put together a list for Girl Scouts, soccer parents, etc of the absolute most mainstream gluten-free snacks that my kids can eat.  We are talking about the people that usually throw individual cheeze-it bags and capri-suns on the table for the kids.

Help me brainstorm!

* Individually wrapped string cheese

* Individually tubed yogurt (go-gurt and the like)

* Go-go Squeeze applesauce

* Fruit - apples, strawberries, grapes, etc (washed but not cut)

* Pirate's Booty

And, yes, I will keep back-up snacks in my purse in case I need to switch something out at the last minute...

popcorn

kareng Grand Master

how about

https://www.celiac.com/forums/topic/104670-gluten-free-halloween-candy/

Open Original Shared Link

These are US lists

GottaSki Mentor

Bananas

Cheetos (and other individual bags of chips - not healthful, but no gluten)

Fourmonkeysjumping Rookie

Veggie straws, puffed goldfish (or whatever th are called), smartfood, Chex.

My sons scout troops always seems to buy one if those huge boxes of frito lay bags, so he can eat several if those. Not the healthiest option, by far, but easily accessible.

Mizzo Enthusiast

not so healthy but easy:

Fruit by the foot

Fruit snacks

Tortilla chips n salsa

gluten-free Nature valley granola bars

Frito's    plain or BBQ

Dorito's  nacho cheese or cool ranch

Utz potato sticks, cheese balls, chips

Celtic Queen Explorer

Lays Stax (but not Pringles, those have gluten)

Most fruit snacks (check your labels)

Nutella

Lara Bars or Kind Bars

Jif to Go Cups

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tommysmommy Newbie

Add...

Ice Pops (most)

Goldfish Puffs

Cheetos

Fritos

most potato chips (not pringles)

Tostitos (not all tortilla chips are ok)

Hershey Bars

M&ms

Reeses (except seasonal shapes)

Celtic Queen Explorer

Be careful on the m&ms.  The regular and peanut ones are gluten-free, but the pretzel ones aren't (obviously) and I noticed that the candy corn ones aren't gluten-free either.  Might want to stick to the old fashioned brown and yellow bags.

Skittle and Starburst are also gluten-free.

mommida Enthusiast

individual hummus cups

fruity pebbles cereal bars

fruit by the foot

gushers

chocolate covered raisins

nature valley peanut butter, dark chocolate protein bars 

most Jell-O pudding cups or gel cups, Kozy Shack, and same with the Snack pack non refridgerated puddings

fruit cups (peaches, mixed fruit cocktail)

lunch meat (Boar's Head) cheese slices for roll-ups

Amy's frozen burritos (read the labels for the gluten free ones)

africanqueen99 Contributor

You guys are awesome!!

Thanks for the help. :)

Juliebove Rising Star

Baby carrots

• 2 weeks later...
user853 Apprentice

Nuts!  My kid won't go to a play date unless there are pistachios. 

StephanieL Enthusiast

Nuts!  My kid won't go to a play date unless there are pistachios. 

There are plenty of kids allergic to nuts so perhaps keep that in mind when going to play dates!

Archived