This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

My Dog And His Food

w8in4dave

w8in4dave Community Regular

Not sure where to put this , I have always cooked for my dog. I am great friends with the people I got him from , he has always been thinner , just healthier looking,Than his sisters and brothers , mom and dad. I am wondering if it isn't because of his diet? He eats very little dog food. He gets cooked chicken or what ever meat we eat and it gets poured over his dog food. Then he wants some cheese, usually American cheese slices, 2 slices , he sometimes eats a few kernels of dog food but really for a Shitz tzu he eats maby a 5 - 10 lb bag of dog food a year .. I have seen so many dog food companies go natural , or lets say put some "More" natural dog food on the market lately! It isn't just us!! It is animals also that is having problems with the stuff they put on the market!! I don't know I have always wondered why my dog looks so much better that all his "Family" I think now.. It is because he has natural food cooked for him!! He is not heavy and over weight and bloated like his brothers , sisters , mom and dad! It is all the natural cooking!! hmmm yep starting to see something here!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GF Lover Rising Star

Give that little Shitz some cottage cheese :D  My toy yorkies practically do back flips for it.  And I only mention cheese because American Cheese freaks me out.  Anything formed, molded and made to look like something is just weird, lol.

Colleen

This dog will get in my face and hit me! To get his cheese!! I have always cooked for him!! Everyone teases me about it!! Says how spoiled he is! But when he was little I could not find a food he would eat!! I tried the expensive ones the cheap ones the, "all natural" no corn, rice and lamb, so good your dog will love it ones!! And he would put his nose up to it! So I just started making him chicken.  The funny thing about his cheese... It has got to be "Kraft" american cheese!! Not just any brand! And if for some reason we are out I tell him "No!" "it's all gone" His lil head just drops. 

cherries Newbie

This dog will get in my face and hit me! To get his cheese!! I have always cooked for him!! Everyone teases me about it!! Says how spoiled he is! But when he was little I could not find a food he would eat!! I tried the expensive ones the cheap ones the, "all natural" no corn, rice and lamb, so good your dog will love it ones!! And he would put his nose up to it! So I just started making him chicken.  The funny thing about his cheese... It has got to be "Kraft" american cheese!! Not just any brand! And if for some reason we are out I tell him "No!" "it's all gone" His lil head just drops. 

Aww that last part sounds so cute. We also have Shih Tzu's and ours love veggies and cheese.

bartfull Rising Star

Mom had a poodle who was born sick. (Poor little thing was rescued from a puppy mill.) She (the dog, not Mom) had severe pancratitis, and her bladder was permiable. She even went to Tufts and has been written up in veterinarian medical journals.

Anyway, Mom cooked for the dog. She ate chicken and she ate hamburger. And later in her life, she had to be on a special, medical dogfood. Well, the dog was used to having her food hot so she wouldn't eat it. Mom went out and bought a new toaster oven and used the old one to heat the dogs food (and let me tell you, it REEKED!) But the dog ate it and between Mom's doting care and the help of the vet (I won't go into how much money Mom spent!), that poor little sick dog lived to be 15!

She died the same day Mom did. As a matter of fact (you can get through this, Barty), as Mom lay dying it seemed that she didn't want to let go. She was worried about who would take care of the dog. I told her "I've got one hand and Jesus is taking your other hand. He's going to take you home to see Daddy, and Buttons is going to meet you there too."

She smiled, and then she died.

True story.

GF Lover Rising Star

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Thank you for sharing that Barty :wub:

bartful, that is a sweet but yet sad story!! 

Give that little Shitz some cottage cheese :D  My toy yorkies practically do back flips for it.  And I only mention cheese because American Cheese freaks me out.  Anything formed, molded and made to look like something is just weird, lol.

Colleen

Yes it is weird!! I don't eat it!! lol Hubbs does! He has the dog under his feet when he opens the package. My Harley will not eat cottage cheese the stinker!! 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived