• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Plaster Of Paris

2 posts in this topic

My child's class is using Plaster of Paris in a science lab to make fossils. The package has no ingredients and the company is hard to find online. Does anyone know if Plaster of Paris contains gluten?

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

I know of no reason why gluten would be added to plaster of Paris, which is normally pure gypsum.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Imrazor

• Oh I'm sorry I didn't notice that the picture cut off. Let me attach a better one. These are the only labs that I have had done that have IgG, IgM or igA in the name. These tests were completed when the Dr was looking for what he called " autoimmune disease" to explain my liver and bile duct problems. Unfortunately if these aren't the celiac tests I have been Gluten free for 6 weeks so to my understanding it would be pointless to request the tests now.  Thanks for taking a look and giving me any insight that you may have.
    • Those labs do not look like celiac tests.  The first three MIGHT just be measuring total antibody levels of the three different classes, but on the very right it has IgA Serp (Serp cut off?) and I don't know what the Serp is referring to.   The first column is the test name, the second column your value, the third column the units of measure, the fourth column the normal range.  The first one is a tiny bit low, all the rest in the normal range.  
    • Since this post is going around again, I thought I would add my recent experience at Rudy's.  The staff was very helpful and accommodating. I ordered my family's food first put it on a tray and then ordered mine separately.  I ordered only chicken and turkey. The staff changed gloves and used a new cutting board and knife. My server washed his hands, wiped down the scale and put my meat separately into a tray. I washed my hands before I ate. I did not eat any of the side and brought my own fruit to go with it.   Since I don't get immediate symptoms, I can't tell you if that was enough. But, their meat (except the pork - maybe ) is gluten free.  I think I did everything I can to avoid CC and the staff was extremely helpful . This is the only restaurant I have eaten at in 4 months if that tells you anything. I love Rudy's!!!
    • I got my script from the doc... it's for total IGA and TTG-IGA. Guess that's a good start? It also says "fasting" on the requisition, do I really need to be?
    • Something that's always weirded me out since I became somewhat non-responsive on repeat biopsies: I don't get colds anymore. Ever. I used to get maybe 5 a year — standard stuff. Nothing in the past 3 years. I get a lot of sleep these days, but still. My girlfriend gets sick; I do not.   Anyone else find their common transient illnesses take a strange turn after diagnosis? I hypothesize having an abnormal/overactive immune system might take down common bugs hard, but I also assume it's far more complicated than that. 
  • Upcoming Events