This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Favorite Gluten-Free Web Sites/blogs?

kellysensei

kellysensei Apprentice

Hi!

Just wondering what web sites or blogs everyone likes to use for gluten free cooking/baking? I just found glutenfreeonashoestring.com and am going to make her pumpkin bread today. Looking for other web site ideas, too!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mamaw Community Regular

Open Original Shared Link   has  a ton  of recipes...

Carla's  recipe  box

Gluten free  girl & chef

if   you just  type in  gluten-free  recipe  blogs hundreds will come  up.. Pinterest  also...

luvs2eat Collaborator

I'm a fan of "shoestring" too as I love the Better Batter flour. I have one of her cookbooks as well.

Celtic Queen Explorer

Gluten free goddess has a lot of very delicious recipes - especially for baked good.

JustCricket Newbie

Allergy-Free Alaska saved my hopes for the holidays. lol.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Chelsi
    Newest Member
    Chelsi
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Scott Adams
      I agree, and hopefully your doctor will contact you soon about the next step, which will likely be an endoscopy to confirm your diagnosis. Do you have celiac disease symptoms? 
    • Kirbyqueen
      Still dealing with this rash on my legs. I've eliminated ringworm (through use of topical ointments). And I also know it's not shingles, as I've never had chickenpox before and I'm still fairly young. Through a lot of online research, I'm leaning more towards dermatitis herpetiformis, eczema, or psoriasis. I've actually got a doctor's appointment in May (finally got some insurance) and I'm going to bring it up then. I'm feeling really hopeful and excited to maybe be getting some relief soon.   Big thanks to everyone for the suggestions and positive thoughts!
    • trents
      You have three celiac disease specific antibody tests that are positive: Endomysial  Antibody IGA (aka, EMA), tTG-IGA, and tTG_IGG. Furthermore, your Immunoglobulin A at 55 is low, meaning you are IGA deficient. This one is not an antibody test for celaic disease per se but a measure of "total IGA" levels and if low (yours is low) it can suppress the individual antibody scores and even cause false negatives. So, yes, it definitely looks like you have celiac disease.   Do not yet begin a gluten free diet as your physician may refer you to a GI doc for an endoscopy/biopsy of the small bowel lining for confirmation of the antibody testing. This may help:   
    • Bayb
      Hi, I received my labs via email yesterday and have not heard back from my doctor yet. Can anyone tell me if these results indicate I have Celiac?      Endomysial Antibody IgAPositive  Ft-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA6  H0-3 (U/mL) - Negative 0 - 3 - Weak Positive 4 - 10 - Positive >10 - Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) has been identified as the endomysial antigen. Studies have demonstrated that endomysial IgA antibodies have over 99% specificity for gluten-sensitive enteropathy. FImmunoglobulin A, Qn, Serum55  L87-352 (mg/dL) Ft-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgG183  H0-5 (U/mL) - Negative 0 - 5 - Weak Positive 6 - 9 - Positive >9
    • Aussienae
      Mine is definitely triggered by inflammation and stress! I do also have arthritis in my spine, but the pain is more in my pelvic area. Im sure i have other food intolerances or other autoimmune isues but the more I focus on it and see doctor after doctor, it just gets worse.  Best thing is get of Gluten! (I also avoid lactose). Try to limit stress and anything that causes inflammation in your body.