• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Could This Be Dh?

4 posts in this topic

So, I had acne as a teenager, I am now 24 and my skin finally cleared up sometime last year. Around the time I started seriously reacting to gluten, the underside of my chin and my throat started ERUPTING in these big, angry red bumps, all over.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62124774@N00/11265655705/

They started to die out when I was faithfully gluten-free, but then I went into denial and binged on gluten for two weeks and now they are back. Are they a form of DH?

Thanks.

-B

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

squirmingitch    495

It's hard to say exactly. They could be. It certainly seems gluten is affecting you. Get off the gluten again & see what happens.

squirmingitch    495

There are many rashes associated with celiac disease so ........

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    vi6609

• Topics

• Your first post stated that it took you 7 days of continuously eating gluten to get symptoms. So maybe it's not related to gluten at the hospital at all? Maybe you picked up an illness from the hospital? if I hadn't read your first post I'd say that the hospital food probably glutened you. Imho they don't do a great job at following dietary restrictions. Which may have still happened, and your symptoms kicked in faster this time. fyi any gluten exposure, even a crumb, kicks in the autoimmune response for celiac.
    • Hospitals and the ER....will normally ignore your dietary requirements with celiac. If they gave you so called gluten-free food...it had gluten. You have to have your own brought in or ask for plain whole foods. I wear medical dog tags with emergency contact info, allergies, blood type, and medical info on them. And my emergency contacts have been told where I keep emergency room stashes...IE Julian Protein Bar, MRM meal shakes to take up there if I get stuck in the hospital.
    • Hello- I was DX Celiac 2 years ago.  Last week I had a terrible accident, broke ankle and had to be taken to emergency. I was pumped full of drugs mostly Versed and Fentanal  via IV. After the usual couple days of constipation following these sort of drugs I began having GLUTENED intestinal issues.  I've had non stop bathroom runs for 2 days now and everything about it feels like I've been seriously glutened.  I've done some research but found no conclusive answers.  Did any of those things stir up my Celiac disease and cause me to have an autoimmune response? Has anyone had any similar experiences they can share with me?  This is my first post.  Thank you
    • All the issues you said came up after going gluten-free. Three points
      1. Are you sure you eating gluten free? If you eat out good chance your getting CCed, and is everything your eating really gluten free? There are many that are iffy on the market now days and CC can get in on some of the oddest aspects like shampoo, make up, lotion, medication, sauces, spices. etc.
      2. Sounds like your have deficiency issues, what are you eating? Your supposed to eat a varied diet when gluten free, most gluten free processed foods are not enriched...most gluten food is essentially sprayed with vitamins. SO you need to eat a varied diet eating leafy greens meats, eggs, etc. I myself have other limitations and have to supplement what I would get from these. ALSO celiac makes it where you do not absorb all the nutrients from your food I have 2 suggestion of stuff you NEED to take. Liquid health Stress & Energy, Liquid Health Nurological Support, and Doctors Best Magnesium.... these will help with stress, muscle aches, and energy issues. NOW you might need some other things like D and a few others.
      3. Sugars can cause all kinds of issues I know the issues with the craving.....I can not avoid them myself. I use some sweeteners like erythrol, stevia, monk fruit, etc to avoid the real sugar and the chemical BS ones. I make grain free, dairy free, gluten free baked goods, nut butters and snacks and even make a living off of selling them......I have a focus on making everything super moist as I know that is a huge craving for those of us with this.  Try moving to a healthier option if you can spiking your insulin and glucose levels is going to raise all kinds of havoc and the excess sugars can lead to candida or sibo in your intestines.

Oh and yeah if you think death is bad we had a member have to get a emergency colonstomy. They ignored it and ate gluten and kept on doing it.....yeah having to poop in a bag sounds worse then death or cancer to me....and those are your other options.
    • Your daughter is only 7 years old.    I believe with a strict gluten-free diet, and some time, she will grow. My daughter was diagnosed at age 10.   When she was younger, she was always tall for her age.   She was in the 90% percentile as a toddler.   When she was finally diagnosed at age 10, we noticed that she did not grow at all for a little over a year, and she was at 25% percentile, and shorter than all her girl friends.   (She used to be one of the taller kids in the class) She is 14 years old now, still growing, and she is catching up with her friends, (no longer the shortest).   She is 5' 3'' right now.   She does not have her period yet, so we hope she will grow another few inches.   If she can be 5' 6", that would be a very good height for a girl. I think your daughter will be fine.  With a strict gluten-free diet, of course.
  • Upcoming Events