This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Tiger Milk Protein Bar Or Amy's Indian gluten-free Burrito, Any Idea Which One Is The Problem?

mommyto2kids

mommyto2kids Collaborator

I ate an Amy"s burrito and a tiger milk bar that I thought was gluten-free. I ate the burrito yesterday. I had a terrible reaction this afternoon. I am trying to figure out the source. Grr. So are tiger milks all gluten-free? What do you know and I'm thinking the spice may have done a number on me as well. I had an extra cup of coffee with almond milk as well. I despise when I can't figure out the problem. What are your thoughts?

Also does taking an Imodium the day before make a reaction worse? I just took two more Imodium as well. I hate taking the stuff.

How do you get back on track asap and leave reactions behind?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GF Lover Rising Star

Are you sure the burrito was gluten free.  She makes a few varieties including organic and gluten free.  All sold in the same area.

Colleen 

LauraTX Rising Star

Are you sure the burrito was gluten free.  She makes a few varieties including organic and gluten free.  All sold in the same area.

Colleen 

I was about to say the same thing.  One time I bought a handful of their gluten-free burritos (which are awesome by the way) and almost bought a regular burrito that had gotten stuck in there.  Also the stockers at my store like to shove the gluten version in the gluten-free spot when they aren't paying attention, especially with brands that have a gluten-free/non-gluten-free version that look similar this could definitely cause a mixup.

I looked up the tigers milk bars online and was only able to find very outdated information that said only some of their flavors are gluten-free.  I would write the company to check in on that.  If they are made on the same line as bars containing gluten, there could be a CC possibility.

And then, like you said, it could also be just from eating food that is not your norm.  Hope you are able to bounce back soon.  I am unable to advise on how to bounce back, I get atypical reactions.

Juliebove Rising Star

Other people here have been sickened by Amy's.  Although that company makes gluten-free products, they also make non-gluten-free and from what I have read, they are all made in the same facility.

Archived