• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Problems With Teeth

34 posts in this topic

Since it is only an intolerance I didn't think I had to be..now I am experiencing so many body issues that I am wondering if because I sneak gluten in at times in small amounts is it causing these problems such as tooth decay?

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Since it is only an intolerance I didn't think I had to be..now I am experiencing so many body issues that I am wondering if because I sneak gluten in at times in small amounts is it causing these problems such as tooth decay?

Maybe the tooth decay is just years of bad habits catching up with you?

Very much possible. Any suggestions on how to alter this?

Very much possible. Any suggestions on how to alter this?

If its " decayed" it can't come back. Go to a dentist. Get what you can fixed so it doesn't get worse. Then take care of your mouth!

I have the same problem, my front teeth (upper and lower) look like they are jelly at the edges because they're a fair bit see through.  Without fail, every time I go to the dentist they tell me that my gums are in awful condition and that I need to floss more and should try for at least twice a week.  They're shocked when I tell them that I floss daily and immediately ask me how I floss because I can't possibly be doing it right.  I've read (all anecdotal) that celiac can also cause you to grind your teeth?  I've done that since I was a kid, to the point that I would wake my mom up from the sound.  I think I'm grinding less now (my grind guard is a little less destroyed than other ones I've had) but my canines are already ground flat :-(  

It's so crazy. In December I went in for a cleaning and the dentist was telling me how bad my gums were and that I was starting periodontal disease...yet the hygienist found no buildup. I brush and Floss a lot. 10 days ago I was diagnosed with celiac. Could this explain my teeth?

In December I was also found to have uterine polyps and gallbladder polyps. Then a stomach infection...h. pylori and now celiac. I'm 42 and feel like I'm falling apart.

Ugh! I also have the receding gum and transparent teeth. Last week I bit down wrong and chipped TWO teeth at once. I also have an ovarian cyst and am seeing Yet Another Doctor about the abdominal pain, which I suspect to be the gallbladder since the stabbing pain in my right shoulder blade appeared to join my stabbing churning stomach pain.

FML. I'm sick of this! I really don't want to have surgery... I'm 47 and am definitely falling apart. Five months gluten free, when exactly does it get better?

Ugh! I also have the receding gum and transparent teeth. Last week I bit down wrong and chipped TWO teeth at once. I also have an ovarian cyst and am seeing Yet Another Doctor about the abdominal pain, which I suspect to be the gallbladder since the stabbing pain in my right shoulder blade appeared to join my stabbing churning stomach pain.

FML. I'm sick of this! I really don't want to have surgery... I'm 47 and am definitely falling apart. Five months gluten free, when exactly does it get better?

I would love to know the answer to that too. I didn't want to have surgery at all...ugh...but it went fine and that part has improved at least. In the 5 months has anything gotten better for you? I do still feel like I'm falling apart and I think I'm too young for that. Seriously÷

I would love to know the answer to that too. I didn't want to have surgery at all...ugh...but it went fine and that part has improved at least. In the 5 months has anything gotten better for you? I do still feel like I'm falling apart and I think I'm too young for that. Seriously÷

Well, after my initial dip in energy, I managed to get back some get up and go, but it seems for every step forward I take another two back.

Maybe this is the "darkest before dawn" phase...

Well, after my initial dip in energy, I managed to get back some get up and go, but it seems for every step forward I take another two back.

Maybe this is the "darkest before dawn" phase...

Let's hope so! So far I've found celiac to be a very frustrating and lonely disease.