This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Labcorp Stool Test Results And Questions

powerofpositivethinking

cyclinglady Grand Master

Thanks for the tip about. Elena's Pantry. Whaaaaa! I am allergic to tree nuts and have an intolerance to coconut. Reacted to coconut milk, but am tolerating refined coconut which I am putting in my coffee. But someone else will benefit, that is for sure.

I appreciate the good thoughts! I also know that everyone is different. Going gluten-free has not helped my Hashi's, however I am at least stable. So, I am not holding my breath on the diabetes thing. It does run in my family. It is just disheartening that I have spent a lifetime being active and eating healthy and my genes have let me down. It could be worse -- like chaperoning 12 Girl Scouts on a three day trip! I better start packing!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nvsmom Community Regular

LOL have a fun trip! I spent one year as a beaver leader and another year as a junior forest wardens leader, that was ENOUGH for me. LOL

cyclinglady Grand Master

Nah, they are good kids and I am just assisting.

There is a reward after this trip.. Staying at a $400 per night room for free at the beach with a girlfriend and her daughter and mine (perks for lifelong service) starting the next day. Traveling with my ice chest. Kind of tacky, but you do what you got to do!

Where is all this positive thinking coming from?

Here's to feeling better everyone!

powerofpositivethinking Community Regular

thanks, everyone :)   more time to process things always helps me so whatever happens, happens, and I'll take it as it comes.  Hope everyone had a great weekend! 

GottaSki Mentor

Traveling with my ice chest. Kind of tacky, but you do what you got to do!

I beg to differ B)

You need to get a few of the insulated purses -- I've got more insulated bags than I ever had real purses -- one for every occasion from casual to formal -- wasn't a real bag-lady until after diagnosis ;)

IrishHeart Veteran

Bag lady and Koolatron cooler in the car lady here!! 

Everybody...get one of these puppies. Great investment! Plugs into the lighter and stashes behind the driver's seat.

Carried enough for a 3 day car trip. 

Looks like this, But I got mine from ama zon.

Power of Positive thinking, honey...did not mean to take your thread off course, but it is always a good thing to share info and I hope you did not mind.

Open Original Shared Link

nvsmom Community Regular

Lol I've done the bag lady thing too last year my husband's work had a fancy Christmas party at the Banff Spring's Hotel - the place is a freaking castle - and there I was in my evening gown and heels with my green cooler. LOL So stylin'!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cyclinglady Grand Master

Great idea. I do need a dresser version to haul around my lunch or dinner. A cute insulated bag. I am going shopping!

GottaSki Mentor

Great idea. I do need a dresser version to haul around my lunch or dinner. A cute insulated bag. I am going shopping!

Yay!

I do not mind at all  :)

In other news, I had to reschedule my capsule endoscopy for next week since my testing has to go in a certain progression, and they couldn't schedule me for the one test until next Tuesday.  I'm getting the MRI of my abdomen this week, as long as insurance clears, and then the small bowel follow through and capsule endoscopy next week with my follow-up appointment scheduled for April 11th.  

I feel like I'm being thrown in so many directions right now, and my insides might not be working but thankfully my brain and mental outlook are staying positive.  Sad news first, my paternal grandpa had a mild stroke and is now in a rehab facility, and my 95 year old maternal grandma was admitted back to hospice last week.  In great news, I started dating again and the one guy I've been seeing who after my graceful first date when he tried to kiss me, and I blurted out that I couldn't let him kiss me because of what he ate and btw I have celiac disease, have decided to see only each other, so we'll see where that goes.

This is hands down the most hectic my life has ever been.  I imagine myself sometimes as if it were a year and a half ago, and honestly I'm not trying to sound dramatic, but I probably would have had a breakdown, or at the very least, crying all the time.  Now I look at it with the good comes the bad, and that's the way it is.  I have so much good going on right now, so that's what I'm choosing to focus on  :)

Power of Positive thinking, honey...did not mean to take your thread off course, but it is always a good thing to share info and I hope you did not mind.

GF Lover Rising Star

Hi POP,  So sorry to hear about your Grand Parents but so typical late in life.  I hope they are both comfortable.  Sounds like testing is going smoothly, one foot in front of the other will get you through this part.

An exclusive other?  There's some happy news!!  One more reason to keep your head screwed on tight  :D

You realize that some of us here have lived your life with you for over a year now.  I feel proud to see you dating, keeping up such good spirits and getting to the bottom of your health issues.  :D

Colleen

IrishHeart Veteran

This is hands down the most hectic my life has ever been.  I imagine myself sometimes as if it were a year and a half ago, and honestly I'm not trying to sound dramatic, but I probably would have had a breakdown, or at the very least, crying all the time.  Now I look at it with the good comes the bad, and that's the way it is.  I have so much good going on right now, so that's what I'm choosing to focus on  :)

Sorry about your grandparents, hon. 

But I would like to echo Colleen's thoughts about your recovery and add this one:  I agree that when our bodies are healthy, we are most definitely able to handle life's traumas and unexpected complications much better than when we are ill. I made a major life change last year moving 1300 miles and starting fresh and I could never have done that when I was ill before DX--or even during the first year of healing.

Our minds and bodies have to be healthy to handle anything that comes--even the "good kind" of stressors.

Hang in there and remember: every year is a healing year. My doc told me that back in 2011 when I found it hard to believe I would ever

feel well again in this lifetime, but I kept the faith and I see his words are true. 

GottaSki Mentor

Add me to another that has been walking along side you this past year!

So sorry to hear of your grandparents...it is tough when those we love are in and out of care facilities. My family has been living this for the past two years caring for my Mom. I know Irish and others here that have been the caretakers of their families as they age and completely understand how tough it can be.

How wonderful that you have found an exclusive guy!  I was pulling for him when you wrote of the awkward first kiss moment.  He handled it as a gentleman and stuck around....sounds like he may be a good someone to have around. 

While it is good to have medical issues investigated it can be stressful....I'll continue to believe these other issues will resolve as your healing time increases...just keep us in the loop if the upcoming investigations find something.

Wishing you a very good day :)

not to sound cheesy, but I'm so thankful for all of you, and for all of your help over this past year  :)  I could get my questions answered, vent when my family was doubting my need to be gluten free and writing on here helps me cope with my feelings.  

Lisa, I took your list of nutrients to be tested and without that list I would have never found out I was vitamin K deficient.  One of my Vit K capsules is 1250% of your daily value and he wanted me to take seven a day for a few weeks.  He couldn't understand why it would barely go up despite massive supplementation.  That let to fat malabsorption tests, then elastase testing and now to my other testing.  That test has been the one consistently very low.   

I went home to visit my grandparents this past weekend, and I'm so glad I did.  I've been very fortunate to be 28 and never lose anybody that I'm extremely close to.  I know it's a part of the life cycle, and even though it still won't be easy when it happens, at least I feel better equipped to deal with it.  

Alright time to take on this day  :)

IrishHeart Veteran

Just think of us as a bunch of cool aunties who are all hoping you live a good, long, healthy life.  -_-

GottaSki Mentor

not to sound cheesy, but I'm so thankful for all of you, and for all of your help over this past year  :)  I could get my questions answered, vent when my family was doubting my need to be gluten free and writing on here helps me cope with my feelings.  

Lisa, I took your list of nutrients to be tested and without that list I would have never found out I was vitamin K deficient.  One of my Vit K capsules is 1250% of your daily value and he wanted me to take seven a day for a few weeks.  He couldn't understand why it would barely go up despite massive supplementation.  That let to fat malabsorption tests, then elastase testing and now to my other testing.  That test has been the one consistently very low.   

I went home to visit my grandparents this past weekend, and I'm so glad I did.  I've been very fortunate to be 28 and never lose anybody that I'm extremely close to.  I know it's a part of the life cycle, and even though it still won't be easy when it happens, at least I feel better equipped to deal with it.  

Alright time to take on this day  :)

Go get it PoPT!

You can thank my original Celiac Doc for the vitamin K suggestion -- my primary giggles now when I give her my laundry list of nutrients and celiac antibodies to order so that they'll be at the ready for my annual celiac appointment (in case anyone is ready along -- annual celiac doc appts are not necessary -- but the annual testing should be carried out by your primary -- I keep visiting the celiac center because of complications due to undx'd celiac).

As for watching those we love age and eventually pass -- don't care how old they get or we are -- it is hard to lose those we love.  Glad you got to visit your Grands last weekend :)

ok so not so good news first...my MRI wasn't pre-authorized so I had to reschedule.  I scheduled it at a facility out of state, so I just scheduled one in state, but it's about two weeks away.  My small bowel follow through is Tuesday, and I got a call from the GI doctor's office today saying I needed to reschedule my capsule because if all the barium hadn't come out the capsule could get  stuck <---that does not sound like a good time to me  :lol: so small bowel follow through Tuesday and then hopefully the MRIs and the capsule the following week.  If this was easy to schedule it wouldn't be this much fun hah

I got my blood tests results back!!  Positive news my ANA was negative, RA negative and Hemoglobin A1C was 5.4, so no diabetes but believe me I will be much more mindful of things.  I'm soooooooo happy!  Does anyone know if the below test is the same as IgG4 test for autoimmune pancreatitis?  

Immunoglobulin G, Qn, Serum 1272 mg/dL ref. range 700 - 1600 

If I had autoimmune pancreatitis wouldn't my ANA have been raised?  Just trying to rule things out!

• 2 weeks later...

ok so more good news...my IgG subclass 4 test was not elevated, so that means no autoimmune pancreatitis which in my mind means that my pancreatic function should be completely reversible!!  With the good comes the bad, and what a week this has been  :(  My Grandma passed away last week, and even though I knew it was coming, it is still much harder than I thought it would be.  I've never lost anyone close to me, and the toughest thing for me is realizing I'll never hear her call my name again...  On the positive side my Grandpa on the other side of my family had only been out of the rehab facility for two days, and he made the drive with my other Grandma to the funeral.  

My small bowel follow through was normal, so that was good to hear!  Of note...I knew that the barium would turn my stool white, however I was unaware that the stuff would sit at the bottom of the toilet, and I would have to clean it out by hand...gross!!

Unfortunately, I have a cold and the worst is the cough, so I've been popping cough drops like candy  :( I made it through teaching yesterday and am determined to again today!  I tend to get hyperemotional when I'm sick because it's something I have no control over.  I have my MRIs tomorrow, and my capsule endoscopy on Friday, and I do not want to have to reschedule them.  I'm also going out with the guy I've been dating on Saturday, so here's hoping my stomach won't be bloated up like a hot air balloon from the magnesium citrate I have to take on Thursday.  

Anyway that's my update, and I know everything will workout, but I would appreciate any happy thoughts sent my way because this has been a rough week...

GF Lover Rising Star

Yes, what a week.  My condolences for your Grandma, so hard to lose the ones we love. Good for Grandpa for getting out and about.

Health wise you are doing great.  I'm sure it feels good to get these tests ticked off the check list with good results.  Gives great peace of mind.  MRI's are a cake walk and your wont even know the capsule is snapping pics, hehe.  

Really happy that the "Guy" is working out,  Makes life much more interesting and takes the mind off of health issues for a bit.  Have a wonderful Saturday Night, you deserve it !!!

Hugs,

Colleen

IrishHeart Veteran

Everything Colleen just said...... (hugs) 

plus a giant SORRY, I should have warned you about the small bowel follow through. It is best to drink a ton of water to flush that all out of you and yes, it creates a lovely pile of clay in the toity. BLechsters!

I am not one to say "I told you so" because it's snotty, LOL

but many conditions are secondary to the celiac when it is active and they do reverse

the longer you are off gluten. Many times, people chase these symptoms and have expensive and unnecessary tests done because they are understandably scared when they still have symptoms and we all just hate to see people go through them for nothing.

It definitely is reassuring to know that my pancreas isn't self-destructing, but instead is just malfunctioning  :)

Yeah it definitely does take my mind off things in a good way.  My cough settled itself down today, and now I just need my nose to get it together before Saturday because it is not attractive  :lol:

I'm sure it feels good to get these tests ticked off the check list with good results.  Gives great peace of mind.  MRI's are a cake walk and your wont even know the capsule is snapping pics, hehe.  

Really happy that the "Guy" is working out,  Makes life much more interesting and takes the mind off of health issues for a bit.  

I read about drinking a lot of water, but with as much as I read up on the test, I never found anything that said it would stay put in the bottom of the toilet  :lol: I was cleaning up before he came over and I saw the toilet was milky white so I must have flushed it four times, cleaned it out with a Clorox wand and then he called and said he was downstairs.  I'm hoping he just thought it had cleaner in it.  I didn't realize until the next morning that it was all sitting in the bottom  :lol:

Irish, I definitely agree with you that other things are secondary to active celiac.  It's looking like the EPI is related to celiac, but I've got to admit it made me really happy when I got that autoimmune pancreas test back as normal to rule that out!  Did I mention how awesome it was to see my intestines up on the screen during my small bowel follow through  :lol: My brother and sister like to remind me that I'm not normal when I make comments like that hahaha  Our bodies are so fascinating and complex, and I think that's so neat!!

plus a giant SORRY, I should have warned you about the small bowel follow through. It is best to drink a ton of water to flush that all out of you and yes, it creates a lovely pile of clay in the toity. BLechsters!

I am not one to say "I told you so" because it's snotty, LOL

but many conditions are secondary to the celiac when it is active and they do reverse

the longer you are off gluten. Many times, people chase these symptoms and have expensive and unnecessary tests done because they are understandably scared when they still have symptoms and we all just hate to see people go through them for nothing.

GottaSki Mentor

Did I mention how awesome it was to see my intestines up on the screen during my small bowel follow through  :lol: My brother and sister like to remind me that I'm not normal when I make comments like that hahaha  Our bodies are so fascinating and complex, and I think that's so neat!!

me too :)

nvsmom Community Regular

Sorry about your Grandma.  :(

But I'm glad everything else is looking up for you.:)

NoGlutenCooties Contributor

Did I mention how awesome it was to see my intestines up on the screen during my small bowel follow through  :lol: My brother and sister like to remind me that I'm not normal when I make comments like that hahaha  Our bodies are so fascinating and complex, and I think that's so neat!!

I still have the pictures that were taken during my endoscopy of the inflammation in my small intestine up my refridgerator.  :)

Edited to add:  I should probably take those down before the movers get here in a few weeks...

nvsmom Community Regular

I still have the pictures that were taken during my endoscopy of the inflammation in my small intestine up my refridgerator.  :)

Edited to add:  I should probably take those down before the movers get here in a few weeks...

LOL :D

Archived