This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Pizza Crust It's Paleo But Hey I'm Game

w8in4dave

w8in4dave Community Regular

I seen it on youtube I tried it and it's not bad at all 

2 cups shredded Cauliflower 

2 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese 

2 eggs 

Spices of choice

Mix it together with a fork really good the egg is the binder so mix it well 

Put some parchment paper on a cookie sheet , I wondered why but I think because this has alot of moisture and the paper kinda soaks it up. 

flatten the mixture out and try and shape it like a pizza , keep it thin but no holes as thin as you can get it. I did it with my clean hands

Cook it in the oven at  450º for 15 mins. Till it turns a golden brown

Take it out and put your toppings on it. I used Tomato sauce, cheese , mushrooms , Tomatoes and Pepperoni <- pepperoni big mistake on my part!  

Cook it another 10 mins till the cheese is melted ... 

It wasn't real crunchy but it was very good tasting! I think you can omit the cheese and make wraps in a frying pan with this! 

I kinda cooked mine too long the 1st time. I thought I'd let it rest in the oven, but forgot to turn it off , it was a lil darker than I wanted , But it was good! 

2014-03-23154320_zpsbf3ef0d3.webp

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ohh And I cut the recipe in half also .. It was only me and I couldn't eat the whole thing! 

GottaSki Mentor

I seen it on youtube I tried it and it's not bad at all 

2 cups shredded Cauliflower 

2 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese 

2 eggs 

Spices of choice

Mix it together with a fork really good the egg is the binder so mix it well 

Put some parchment paper on a cookie sheet , I wondered why but I think because this has alot of moisture and the paper kinda soaks it up. 

flatten the mixture out and try and shape it like a pizza , keep it thin but no holes as thin as you can get it. I did it with my clean hands

Cook it in the oven at  450º for 15 mins. Till it turns a golden brown

Take it out and put your toppings on it. I used Tomato sauce, cheese , mushrooms , Tomatoes and Pepperoni <- pepperoni big mistake on my part!  

Cook it another 10 mins till the cheese is melted ... 

It wasn't real crunchy but it was very good tasting! I think you can omit the cheese and make wraps in a frying pan with this! 

I kinda cooked mine too long the 1st time. I thought I'd let it rest in the oven, but forgot to turn it off , it was a lil darker than I wanted , But it was good! 

2014-03-23154320_zpsbf3ef0d3.webp

Awesome...been meaning to try the cauli-crust for a long time.

Can't wait...thanks for sharing : )

Your welcome! I'd set it on a paper towel to absorb some of the moisture. I seen someone making this and they squeezed the moisture out of the Cali. first. I can see why now. It's good, don't get me wrong it doesn't taste like egg or Cali. it's good but not perfect! :) I

d do it again! I like stuff that has easy things to put in it. And not 100 different items. 

moosemalibu Collaborator

Looks great! thanks for sharing!

GottaSki Mentor

Feels like Christmas today!

Completely forgot about cauli-crust -- partially put off because I had removed cheese.  Have not reacted to the non-aged cheeses that I've tried the past few weeks so I went and got fresh mozerella...

Pizza is in the oven -- even if it doesn't taste great -- it has been a very good day -- can't wait to taste!!!

GottaSki Mentor

Yummy!

I think I'll try to get more moisture out next time...still had quite a bit even after squeezing the cauliflower and blotting the crust just before it went in the oven -- but overall - wonderful treat :)

I use a lot of grated cauliflower for "rice" and fried "rice" -- so I am going to grate a few extra heads while the food processor is out and try to freeze individual pizza crust and rice grated cauliflower.  Hoping this makes both a bit easier.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

LauraTX Rising Star

I have tried the cauliflower crust before and I really liked it.  Definitely squeeze the moisture out after grating it.  But pretty good tasting.  It sticks to stuff so that is probably what the parchment is for.

Fritz-in-pa Newbie

I will have to try cauliflower as a crust,, very interesting and thanks for sharing!

If it is similar to the shredded vegetable hashbrowns that I make,,,, you have to get the extra moisture out of the mix.  I use a  potato ricer to do this.  I bake the vegetables so they are partially cooked then I bag them and freeze.. I took a bag out earler and once it thaws I will use the ricer to get the water out.  I was not sure if I should have removed the moisture before freezing or after... any thoughts?

GottaSki Mentor

I will have to try cauliflower as a crust,, very interesting and thanks for sharing!

If it is similar to the shredded vegetable hashbrowns that I make,,,, you have to get the extra moisture out of the mix.  I use a  potato ricer to do this.  I bake the vegetables so they are partially cooked then I bag them and freeze.. I took a bag out earler and once it thaws I will use the ricer to get the water out.  I was not sure if I should have removed the moisture before freezing or after... any thoughts?

I used a teatowel/cheesecloth to squeeze out as much moisture as possible from my grated cauliflower -- thinking I may need to do again when I defrost each packet for pizza -- making cauli "rice" won't have the same issue.

Yea it did have a lil moisture but It's the best I have tried as of yet! I think you can leave the cheese out really! And just do the Cali and eggs if your Lactose intolerant. I bought some weird cheese that didn't have lactose! But the darn pepperoni did have some corn in it! Didn't affect me too bad! It's been the best since I have started this crazy Gluten free , Corn free lifestyle! 

• 1 month later...
Waitingindreams Enthusiast

That looks great! What a weird coincidence...I was talking to my boyfriend about going paleo just today, and I asked him if he'd eat the stuff I'd cook, and he brought up how there probably wouldn't be paleo pizza (he loves his pizza) :P 

This sounds fairly easy and the pizza looks really good, I'll be trying this at some point! 

• 3 weeks later...

Have not made this since I posted it. It is so simple! Why have I not made it again?? I think using a tea towel is a great idea to get the moisture out. Hmm I have some cauliflower in the fridge :) 

That looks great! What a weird coincidence...I was talking to my boyfriend about going paleo just today, and I asked him if he'd eat the stuff I'd cook, and he brought up how there probably wouldn't be paleo pizza (he loves his pizza) :P

This sounds fairly easy and the pizza looks really good, I'll be trying this at some point! 

I have a paleo cook book! It has some great recipes some some of them call for weird stuff that I'd never heard of or cannot get around here. Anyhoo if you want something just google a recipe. I am not 100% Paleo but it's hard to put in gluten-free and Corn free recipes on the net ,  it picks up corn and the recipes are never corn free. So I use paleo and it's grain free :) And if you use "easy" then bam got your self a nice recipe :) 

GottaSki Mentor

I just had rosemary chicken/mozerlla pizza for breakfast...yummy!

I use one egg and any young cheese for the crust -- today was cream cheese :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just had rosemary chicken/mozerlla pizza for breakfast...yummy!

I use one egg and any young cheese for the crust -- today was cream cheese :)

1 egg and any young cheese?? So 1 egg and cream cheese? You mix the cream cheese with the egg and cook it up? Sounds delish! I must try! Thanks! 

GottaSki Mentor

1 egg and any young cheese?? So 1 egg and cream cheese? You mix the cream cheese with the egg and cook it up? Sounds delish! I must try! Thanks!

No....the cauliflower crust recipe you posted...the changes were less egg and any cheese .. Cream cheese has worked for me.

Archived