• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Ultrainflamx Plus 360 - Metagenics

4 posts in this topic

Celiacandme    4

I was just curious whether or not anyone has used this product:

(below is just information on it that I copied/pasted from the Metagenics website)

http://www.metagenics.com/mp/medical-foods/ultrainflamx-plus-360

UltraInflamX® PLUS 360° is a medical food formulated to provide specialized nutritional support for patients with compromised gut function reflective of an inflammatory response as seen in ulcerative colitis and Crohns disease. Provided in a low-allergenic-potential rice protein base, this formula is enhanced with antioxidant nutrients, selenium, zinc, calcium, folate, and vitamin B12 to address increased nutrient needs and potential deficiencies in these patients. L-glutamine is added to support intestinal mucosal cells. This formula is acceptable for an enteral diet that excludes allergens. Enteral and exclusion diets are often necessary for extended periods for patients experiencing irritable bowel conditions.

Serving Size:

About 2 scoops (53 g)
Ingredient Amount Daily Value Calories 210   Fat 6 g   Saturated Fat 2.5 g   Trans Fat 0 g   Cholesterol 0 mg   Sodium 40 mg   Potassium 450 mg   Carbohydrate 27 g   Dietary fiber 4 g   Sugars 8 g   Protein 15 g   Vitamin A (retinyl palmitate) 2500 IU 50% Vitamin A (beta-carotene) 2500 IU 50% Vitamin C 180 mg 300% Calcium 300 mg 30% Iron 1.5 mg 8% Vitamin D 45 IU 10% Vitamin E 100 IU 330% Thiamin 2 mg 130% Riboflavin 2 mg 120% Niacin 35 mg 120% Vitamin B6 5 mg 250% Folic Acid 80 mcg 20% Vitamin B12 3 mcg 50% Biotin 150 mcg 50% Pantothenic Acid 5 mg 50% Phosphorus 400 mg 40% Magnesium 330 mg 80% Zinc 13 mg 90% Selenium 75 mcg 110% Copper 1 mg 50% Manganese 3 mg 150% Chromium 60 mcg 50% Quercetin 200 mg * L-Glutamine 750 mg * L-Threonine 290 mg * L-Lysine 770 mg * L-Alanine 240 mg * DL-Methionine 175 mg * L-Cysteine 85 mg * Turmeric (Curcuma longa) Rhizome Extract [standardized to 95% (200 mg) curcuminoids] 210 mg * Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) Leaf Extract 100 mg * D-Limonene 100 mg * Ginger (Zingiber officinale) Root Extract [standardized to 5% (5 mg) total pungent compounds] 100 mg * Sulfate (as magnesium sulfate) 50 mg *

Ingredients: Rice protein concentrate, rice bran, rice syrup solids, fructose, orange powder, natural flavors, magnesium citrate, medium chain triglycerides, olive oil, L-lysine HCl, calcium citrate, L-glutamine, dipotassium phosphate, magnesium salts of reduced iso-alpha-acids (from hops extract, Humulus lupulus L.), hydrogenated soybean oil encapsulate, L-threonine, silica, malic acid, L-alanine, ascorbic acid, quercetin, turmeric rhizome extract, DL-methionine, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate, guar gum, dicalcium phosphate, L-cysteine HCl, D-limonene, ginger root extract, rosemary leaf extract, magnesium sulfate, zinc gluconate, xanthan gum, niacinamide, rebaudioside A (Stevia rebaudiana leaf extract), biotin, beta-carotene, retinyl palmitate, copper gluconate, pyridoxine HCl, D-calcium pantothenate, niacin, thiamin HCl, riboflavin, chromium polynicotinate (ChromeMate® GTF), cholecalciferol, cyanocobalamin, selenomethionine, and folic acid.

Directions: Blend (for no longer than 15 seconds), shake, or briskly stir about 2 level scoops (53 grams) of UltraInflamX PLUS 360° into 8 fluid ounces of chilled water, juice, or acceptable fruit as listed in the dietary guidelines. Follow recommended dosage guidelines (Program Guide) or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Consume within 10 minutes of reconstitution.

NOTICE: THIS PRODUCT IS TO BE USED UNDER THE DIRECT SUPERVISION OF A PHYSICIAN OR OTHER LICENSED HEALTHCARE PRACTITIONER. DO NOT ENGAGE IN ANY DIET SUPPLYING LESS THAN 800 CALORIES PER DAY WITHOUT MEDICAL SUPERVISION.

Warning: Excess vitamin A intake may be toxic and may increase the risk of birth defects. Pregnant women and women who may become pregnant should not exceed 10,000 IU of preformed vitamin A (retinyl palmitate) per day.

Caution: Do not use if pregnant or nursing or if taking anticoagulants. If taking medication, consult your healthcare practitioner before use.

This product is Gluten Free.

Formulated to Exclude: Wheat, gluten, soy, dairy products, egg, nuts, tree nuts, fish, crustacean shellfish, colors, artificial sweeteners, and artificial flavors.

Contents sold by weight, not volume. Some settling may occur during shipping and handling. Serving size is measured by weight with a scoop included for your convenience. The amount of product contained in 2 scoops may be above or below 53 grams due to variations in handling and product density.

ChromeMate® is a registered trademark of InterHealth, Inc.

This product contains plant pigments that will stain clothing and surfaces.

This product contains no high fructose corn syrup.

TAMPER EVIDENT
Do not use if safety seal is missing or broken.
Saturated fat content is contributed by a beneficial form of fat, medium chain triglycerides, which have recognized health benefits.

Q.
How does UltraInflamX® Plus 360º Medical Food compare to other products or approaches?
A.

The rice protein base has a lower allergenic potential than many common protein sources, which (along with careful formulation and manufacturing) helps make this product suitable for use with an eating plan to reduce potential GI stressors and inflammatory triggers. This product contains only natural ingredients for a safer long-term approach, and has been clinically reviewed at the FMRC.

Q.
How does UltraInflamX® Plus 360º Medical Food work?
A.

This product provides targeted, research-based nutrients to modulate inflammatory and pain processes associated with IBD—with an excellent predicted safety profile. It contains a combination of plant-based ingredients that are designed to work with your body (not against it) to inhibit triggers for inflammation and pain without interfering with health functioning. An unhealthy diet (highly processed foods, low nutrients) and common food sensitivities may also influence gastrointestinal health, inflammation, and related symptoms. This product is recommended for use with a modified elimination diet—a healthful balance that limits consumption of foods with increased allergen potential and reduces dietary chemical exposure.

Q.
How long is UltraInflamX® Plus 360º Medical Food typically recommended?
A.

A typical introductory program is 25 days (with a modified elimination diet) to evaluate progress. Some people may report positive changes in just a few weeks, but individual results may vary. This product may also be recommended for long-term support. For best results, follow your health care professional's guidelines.

Q.
Who would benefit from UltraInflamX® Plus 360º Medical Food?
A.

People whose quality of life is affected by IBD ( ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease) and associated chronic inflammation and pain. This formula may offer an advantage for extraintestinal pain and inflammation.

Q.
Why is UltraInflamX® Plus 360º Medical Food safe?
A.

Medical foods must contain ingredients that are generally regarded as safe (GRAS) or FDA approved, and Metagenics continually evaluates formula ingredients in concert with current nutritional research for optimal safety and effectiveness. Plus, Metagenics' manufacturing facility has 3 certifications for good manufacturing practices to ensure the highest quality. Key active ingredients in this formula were developed through the ExpresSyn Process® that sets a new standard in clinical certainty for natural products via demonstrated efficacy, bioavailability, and a high level of predicted safety. (This product is not recommended for those taking anti-coagulant medications. UltraInflamX® Medical Food may be an excellent alternative. This product is suitable for those who may be sensitive to lactose or soy. See online catalog for complete allergen information.)

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

GF Lover    201

Looks like you should talk to your Doctor before deciding to take it.

Colleen

weluvgators    54

I used it for several months under doctor supervision. I found that I craved it in a strange way. My doctor theorized that the craving could be from getting nutrition during a healing process. After about 4 months use I got sick (no idea if it was related to using it or some random illness that no one else in family had) and stopped using it. I still crave it, years after using it! I liked it. It may have helped my recovery, but I don't have anything substantial for reporting if it was good, bad or indifferent. I just really liked taking it! My super sensitive daughter was also prescribed it, but she absolutely refused to take it saying it made her belly hurt. I tried and tried to get her to take it, but she hated it.