This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Master List Of Exclusively Gluten-Free Restaurants?

BlessedMommy

BlessedMommy Rising Star

I was wondering if there was any nationwide directory of restaurants that only serve gluten-free food? I was curious because I find them rather hard to find and it seems like there should be a few out there!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

BlessedMommy Rising Star

This is one in the Chicago area that I haven't tried yet, but want to:

Open Original Shared Link

kareng Grand Master

Google on here. We had a thread with a few on it.

Alwayssomething Contributor

We have one in Melbourne Florida called the Bald Strawberry.  I havn't tried it yet, but really want to!   I found it on tripadvisor and right now it is the number one ranked restaurant in the area!  

BlessedMommy Rising Star

Good to know, thanks! We vacation in Florida a lot. :)

user001 Contributor

There are a few places around here but not STRICTLY gluten-free. There is one that specializes in vegan and gluten free, but also makes vegan goodies made with gluten. not sure why?

CarolinaKip Community Regular

There is one in Ashville NC. Posana Cafe

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

BlessedMommy Rising Star

Thanks, good to know since we go to NC sometimes to visit family! :)

NatureChick Rookie

Hahahahaha. I normally don't read this thread because I don't believe there is such a thing as a restaurant that can serve both gluten and gluten-free foods. But then I started thinking that it might be worthwhile to track down any restaurants that are 100% gluten free, and then plan a vacation around them. Could you imagine - eating out for lunch and dinner every day!?!?

C-Girl Contributor

There is one in Durham, NC too - a Mexican place called Open Original Shared Link. They had a post on their website announcing they'd made their entire kitchen gluten free, but seem to have removed it, probably due to lawyers. They say that everything made in house - their mole thickened with corn instead of wheat flour, their calamari in gluten-free flour instead of wheat batter - is gluten-free. They do sell desserts made off site with gluten, and of course beer. I still won't eat chips or tortillas at this point in my healing process, but everything else there was pretty darn good.

cyclinglady Grand Master

Go to Tucson, Arizona. Gourmet Girls is 100% gluten free! It is HEAVEN!!!!!! It is filled with celiacs and everyone is so friendly. Their French bread is to die for.....

• 3 weeks later...
BlessedMommy Rising Star

Hahahahaha. I normally don't read this thread because I don't believe there is such a thing as a restaurant that can serve both gluten and gluten-free foods. But then I started thinking that it might be worthwhile to track down any restaurants that are 100% gluten free, and then plan a vacation around them. Could you imagine - eating out for lunch and dinner every day!?!?

Totally! That would be a lot of fun to not have to worry at all!

BlessedMommy Rising Star

WOW without Wheat, Okemos, MI. :)

NatureChick Rookie

I don't know of any restaurants, but I know there are exclusively gluten-free bakeries just outside of Pittsburgh and DC, and south of San Francisco.

Soozy Newbie

Totally! That would be a lot of fun to not have to worry at all!

I was diagnosed last Friday with Celiac Disease. We had our vacation to Siesta Key, Florida booked a year ago, including a load of dining coupons from corporate perks. It was going to be a fabulous vacation of happy hour by day and fine dining at night but....now we will have to eat at the condo for every meal. This sucks, unless there are restaurants in Sarasota or Siesta Key that are 100% Gluten Free. Anyone know???

user001 Contributor

Fallons gluten free bake shop Ford's nj. I hear it's amazing, it's on my list! All gluten free facility.

Little shanty, Warren nj. Dedicated fryers and prep areas for gluten free, udis buns!! Just plain good food, owners son has celiac and very willing to answer questions. Kitchen is behind see through walls, floor to ceiling. It helps my paranoia.

kareng Grand Master

Found this one but haven't tried it. It's in Dillon/ Summit County area in Colorado.

greenbeanie Enthusiast

Idgy's in South Yarmouth, MA (Cape Cod) is entirely gluten-free. We just got back from vacation and ate there twice. The inside is small with only a handful of two-person tables, but larger groups or families could get meals to go. They have a good selection of breakfast and lunch items. Unfortunately they used latex gloves for food prep, so I was not able to try any of their baked goods due to a latex allergy. But in terms of eating without worries of gluten cc, it was great for my daughter.

kareng Grand Master

I don't think we put Mariposa on this thread. It's a bakery with a few things like quiche, sandwiches, little pizzas. In San Franscico area - one on the waterfront and one near Berkley

LauraTX Rising Star

I Heart Muffins Bakery in Hurst, Texas.  Open Original Shared Link  They can do pizzas and hand pies, and really anything if you call ahead!  Everything I have had there is the bomb and they do other allergens, too.

Anna-2 Newbie

I don't know of any restaurants, but I know there are exclusively gluten-free bakeries just outside of Pittsburgh and DC, and south of San Francisco.

The bakery near DC is the Happy Tart, in Alexandria, VA. They have a fantastic rotating selection, and everything I've had there is amazing!

• 4 weeks later...
SMRI Collaborator

Not totally gluten-free but they have 2 kitchens, one for gluten-free only.  They asked if we needed a gluten-free menu before they asked anything else.  When the waitress brought out our food, she brought out the gluten stuff first, went back, washed her hands, brought the gluten-free meals out.  The food is FANTASTIC too!!!

Georgia-guy Enthusiast

Not totally gluten-free but they have 2 kitchens, one for gluten-free only. They asked if we needed a gluten-free menu before they asked anything else. When the waitress brought out our food, she brought out the gluten stuff first, went back, washed her hands, brought the gluten-free meals out. The food is FANTASTIC too!!!

Now you're making me want to move to the land of small soda. :-(
SMRI Collaborator

Now you're making me want to move to the land of small soda. :-(

It was a pretty amazing place!!  Great atmosphere too.  The food was fantastic!!  We are going to go back again before we leave.  There were about 10 thinks I was trying to pick from to eat last night.

BlessedMommy Rising Star

That restaurant sounds amazing! That is awesome that they have a separate kitchen for gluten free stuff only!

Archived