This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Master List Of Exclusively Gluten-Free Restaurants?

BlessedMommy

gilligan Enthusiast

I don't think we put Mariposa on this thread. It's a bakery with a few things like quiche, sandwiches, little pizzas. In San Franscico area - one on the waterfront and one near Berkley

Open Original Shared Link

Mariposa is my favorite bakery in the world!  Everything they have is yummy!  I make multiple trips every time I'm in SF and online order from there regularly.  

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

gilligan Enthusiast

Jakes Coffee House in Staunton, IL.  It has a limited menu, but everything is good.  The owner's young daughter has celiac.  I was disappointed when I went there because I was hoping to purchase bread on a regular basis and bring it home.  They use Udi's bread and buns, BUT they are not the same as what can be purchased at the local stores.  They use Udi's restaurant breads - only available to restaurants.  The owner gave me a piece to try, and I loved it.  She said even her non-gluten-free customers like it.  The hamburger buns were really good.  She was talked into selling me a few slices of bread and some buns.  I don't know why the recipes are different, but they are.  I'm not fond of Udi's breads/buns from the grocer.  And, the bread is larger - the size of a regular loaf of sandwich bread.

Soozy Newbie

I have been using an app for iphone and android called "Find Me Gluten Free" for finding restaurants that are Celiac friendly, and its amazing!! I can even use it in Canada!! I cannot however find an app that I can use at the grocery store for scanning items to check whether or not they contain gluten. (There is one called "shopwell" but its not available in Canada unless I change my iphone settings to US, which I don't want to do, and even then, our products can be MUCH different than those in the US). If you know of one.....please let me know!!! Thanks everyone!!! Hope you are all happy and healthy!!!

Georgia-guy Enthusiast

I have been using an app for iphone and android called "Find Me Gluten Free" for finding restaurants that are Celiac friendly, and its amazing!! I can even use it in Canada!! I cannot however find an app that I can use at the grocery store for scanning items to check whether or not they contain gluten. (There is one called "shopwell" but its not available in Canada unless I change my iphone settings to US, which I don't want to do, and even then, our products can be MUCH different than those in the US). If you know of one.....please let me know!!! Thanks everyone!!! Hope you are all happy and healthy!!!

I'm not sure if it's available in canada, but check for "ipiit"
  • 3 weeks later...
millerb68 Newbie

If anyone is ever in the Baltimore area, go to One Dish Cuisine in Ellicott City. They cater exclusively to people with celiac and food allergies. It was the first time I've been able to eat a gluten-free, dairy-free pizza somewhere other than my own home, and it was delicious! 

icelandgirl Proficient

Coquette's Bistro in Colorado Springs, Colorado  :)

• 1 month later...
Schatz Apprentice

There is one in Ashville NC. Posana Cafe

I've eaten there and it was so darn good. Really good. The owner's wife has celiac so all the food is gluten-free. 

Wow! Thanks for this. I had no idea these apps existed. 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

julissa Explorer

The New Vegan in Delray Beach FL is completely gluten, dairy and soy free. 

The Green Wave Cafe in Fort Lauderdale is gluten and dairy free, and mostly soy free. 

I live 30 minutes from each of these. but well worth the trip. 

• 10 months later...
gami13 Newbie

I was wondering if there was any nationwide directory of restaurants that only serve gluten-free food? I was curious because I find them rather hard to find and it seems like there should be a few out there!

If you are ever in Kansas City, t.Loft is exclusively gluten free and they make really great juices Open Original Shared Link

• 1 month later...
Dmluecke Newbie

Serendipity in Dunedin Florida (north of Clearwater) is all gluten-free and wonderful. 

gami13 Newbie

I went to a Gluten Free Convention Yesterday here in Overland Park, Ks and the gluten free bakery called Mama Resch's has the best breads I have had in a long time! They tasted just like real bread. Open Original Shared Link 

Archived