• Ads by Google:
     




    Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

    Ads by Google:



       Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

  • Announcements

    • admin

      Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

      This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Pelvic Pain And Discomfort And Peeing All The Time
3 3

61 posts in this topic

Hi Victoria!

Wow...so interesting to read through this almost 3 years later.  It has helped me to see how far I've come.  😁

I never got a good answer on this issue.  I did have more than 1 pelvic ultrasound and the only thing that ever came up was ovarian cysts in the process of resolving.  At one point I got a referral to a urologist, but the symptoms went away before my appointment so I cancelled.

Fast forward to March of 2016 when I ended up in the ER with kidney stones.  Lots of them.  I have wondered if I was perhaps passing small pieces of stone during the episodes of pelvic pressure and peeing.   

I just don't know.  I haven't had an episode like this since I passed the stones.  And I am really thankful for that.  It was so uncomfortable all the time.

I wish I had a clear answer for you.  I don't know for sure what was going on with me though.

I am so grateful to have read through this...3 years has made a big difference in how I feel!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:


Hi!

so sorry about the kidney stones, they are horrible! But glad that somehow resolved your symptoms! Wow! 

I totally forgot that the whole celiac thing for me started with kidney stones. They took me out in an ambulance one day while I was teaching, the pain never really resolved until I went gluten-free, practically by accident. Had kidney stones myself and my husband has had them 2 or was it 3 times? Anyway, they are horrible, worse than childbirth, unmedicated. Childbirth at least gives you a nice result and the pain is completely resolved immediately!

so glad you are doing so much better. I love looking up these older stories, but I go crazy when there's no final post resolving the issue, or at least a nice neat follow up! I have to assume most people move on because things worked out. 

Thanks so much for replying!

Edited by Victoria1234
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree...I hate when there's no resolution or someone just disappears.  I always wonder.  I'm still around here for sure.  Not quite as much as 3 years ago, but I guess that's a sign of feeling better?

I am so sorry you had kidney stones as well!  They are terrible.  I passed 7 in one go at the ER.  My urologist believes that it's celiac malabsorption related.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Victoria1234 said:

Hi Christiana, thanks for the reply. I am both interested in the outcome of this story for curiousity and for how it relates a bit to me, 

Is your pain and pressure similar to the feeling of all your insides about to slide out onto the ground? It is similar to carrying a baby in the third trimester! I get this when I've been standing and walking for most of the day. There is also pain presenting in my Pelvic area, although I thought this was from a nerve cluster that was damaged during my hysterectomy .

Is there anything you do about this?

thanks again!

Third trimester pain is a good way of describing it!  I know someone with another gastrointestinal complaint - diverticulitis - which causes this sensation too - so it could purely be down to our gut.

What I would say is what side is you pain on? Is it pretty diffuse or is it on the left or right side?  For me, it was the left side, rather as if when I was pregnant a baby was standing on my hip/groin area.  As it was on the left a sigmoidscopy was indicated to make doubly sure nothing else was going on, after an internal pelvic scan u/s ruled out other problems.

(I note you have had a hysterectomy but have you had any of the above scans recently? - might be worth doing to give you peace of mind).

If you want to find out if it is your sacroiliac joint causing you problems, a physio or chiropractor will be able to put their finger on it (literally).  My left sacroiliac joint is very tender now but before I was shown where the joint actually was, I wouldn't have known  otherwise as the pain refers in a great part to my groin.   I nearly shot through the roof when my chiropractor touched the sacroiliac area.   The cure for that is rest and the right type of exercise, not carrying heavy loads, wearing comfortable supportive shoes etc.

Another thing that pelvic pain can be caused by is pelvic congestion.   I'm not sure if this would affect someone who has had a hysterectomy. One radiographer told me I had a lot of veins (like internal varicose veins) which might be causing me pain, although when the gynaecologist looked at me she said they were normal.  

Personally, I think in my case it is a mix of sacroiliac issues, bloating and possibly pelvic congestion!  A bit of everything in the mix!

One thing I cannot do any more is wear tight waistbands or other tight clothes.  For whatever reason this makes things so much worse.  If you are wearing tight waistbands, definitely give that a miss.

Sorry - this is a bit of a ramble, but it might throw some light on your situation.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi again Victoria  - I've just read your other comment about your insides feeling like they might slip out!  Poor you!  But yes - I can identify with that.  I actually get that exact feeling when I get a UTI - are you sure you haven't got a UTI?  x

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ads by Google:


49 minutes ago, cristiana said:

Third trimester pain is a good way of describing it!  I know someone with another gastrointestinal complaint - diverticulitis - which causes this sensation too - so it could purely be down to our gut.

What I would say is what side is you pain on? Is it pretty diffuse  or is it on the left or right side?  For me, it was the left side, rather as if when I was pregnant a baby was standing on my hip/groin area.  As it was on the left a sigmoidscopy was indicated to make doubly sure nothing else was going on, after an internal pelvic scan u/s ruled out other problems.

(I note you have had a hysterectomy but have you had any of the above scans recently? - might be worth doing to give you peace of mind).

If you want to find out if it is your sacroiliac joint causing you problems, a physio or chiropractor will be able to put their finger on it (literally).  My left sacroiliac joint is very tender now but before I was shown where the joint actually was, I wouldn't have known  otherwise as the pain refers in a great part to my groin.   I nearly shot through the roof when my chiropractor touched the sacroiliac area.   The cure for that is rest and the right type of exercise, not carrying heavy loads, wearing comfortable supportive shoes etc.

Another thing that pelvic pain can be caused by is pelvic congestion.   I'm not sure if this would affect someone who has had a hysterectomy. One radiographer told me I had a lot of veins (like internal varicose veins) which might be causing me pain, although when the gynaecologist looked at me she said they were normal.  

Personally, I think in my case it is a mix of sacroiliac issues, bloating and possibly pelvic congestion!  A bit of everything in the mix!

One thing I cannot do any more is wear tight waistbands or other tight clothes.  For whatever reason this makes things so much worse.  If you are wearing tight waistbands, definitely give that a miss.

Sorry - this is a bit of a ramble, but it might throw some light on your situation.

1. I think the pain is more diffused than on one side or the other. 

2. Sacroiliac joint sounds familiar to me, from when I was doing pt? I think this was something where one side was lower than the other. She would correct it, but it wouldn't stay put for long. 

3. I haven't had any scans in ages! 

4. Every pair of pants I have are elastic or tie right now! I'm at my mid weight. I guess I've got fat, mid and skinny clothes, lol. I'm losing a bit of weight here and there because one of my meds causes me to have a lower appetite.

5. Are you getting any help from the chiropractor?

6. Thanks so much for this food for thought. I do so hope you find an answer to your issues asap. I hate stuff like this that is seemingly so ambiguous. Much easier to just have kidney stones and get them over with, lol.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, cristiana said:

Hi again Victoria  - I've just read your other comment about your insides feeling like they might slip out!  Poor you!  But yes - I can identify with that.  I actually get that exact feeling when I get a UTI - are you sure you haven't got a UTI?  x

I've had plenty of uti's in the past, pre knowing I couldn't eat gluten, so I know how they present in my body. Peeing every 5 minutes a tiny bit with extreme pain. Not fun. They were so bad for awhile I had to take a prophylactic antibiotic every time I had sex, with lots of water. It was like, sorry honey, can't cuddle. Gotta run to take my meds!

But thanks for the idea!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Victoria1234 said:

I've had plenty of uti's in the past, pre knowing I couldn't eat gluten, so I know how they present in my body. Peeing every 5 minutes a tiny bit with extreme pain. Not fun. They were so bad for awhile I had to take a prophylactic antibiotic every time I had sex, with lots of water. It was like, sorry honey, can't cuddle. Gotta run to take my meds!

But thanks for the idea!

Just one point on this - I'm no expert but I wonder if UTIs can present differently, depending on which section of the tract is infected?   Mine tend to be lower down in the urinary tract so I don't feel like I need to go to the loo a lot when I have one, but when I pee or afterwards it hurts, and then I get that feeling of my insides slipping out - as you put it.  My point is you may have a UTI in a different part of your urinary tract to normal.  Just a thought?

1. Diffuse pain sounds like it might be bloating. Are you drinking/eating dairy?

2. Sacroiliac joint inflammation can come about for all sorts of reasons - what you are suggesting would cause it.  However, I tend to find my pain transfers to the side of my groin and pelvis - not centrally.  

Here is an interesting article which shows how it refers.

http://www.massagetoday.com/mpacms/mt/article.php?id=14394

3.  I'm thinking perhaps it might be worth having a pelvic scan if you can? Internal and external.

4. Ditto - tight clothes are a distant memory!

5.  I'm no longer seeing a chiropractor.   I was in pain for months, then one day I underestimated the height of a step down and jarred my hip.  Agony!  Went to bed for four hours to sleep off the pain -  but the strange thing was my SI joint was much better for many many months after that!

6.  I agree - all this sort of stuff is highly ambiguous.  I remember when I was really concerned about my pain - which was before I had had my scan and then sigmoidoscopy - I did a lot of online research and it seems that a lot of women get unexplained pelvic pain.  So it appears we are not alone.

If I were you I'd be inclined to pursue this with a GP, it might be a long journey but you should get some answers and peace of mind. I find unanswered medical questions only ever add to my pain - I think I must tense up with anxiety.

Cx

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding sacroiliac joint pain - I went to physical therapy for it. They can check to see if there is a problem. If there is they teach you how to put yourself in. You do it many times a day. Eventually the problem goes away.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, cristiana said:

Just one point on this - I'm no expert but I wonder if UTIs can present differently, depending on which section of the tract is infected?   Mine tend to be lower down in the urinary tract so I don't feel like I need to go to the loo a lot when I have one, but when I pee or afterwards it hurts, and then I get that feeling of my insides slipping out - as you put it.  My point is you may have a UTI in a different part of your urinary tract to normal.  Just a thought?

1. Diffuse pain sounds like it might be bloating. Are you drinking/eating dairy?

2. Sacroiliac joint inflammation can come about for all sorts of reasons - what you are suggesting would cause it.  However, I tend to find my pain transfers to the side of my groin and pelvis - not centrally.  

Here is an interesting article which shows how it refers.

http://www.massagetoday.com/mpacms/mt/article.php?id=14394

3.  I'm thinking perhaps it might be worth having a pelvic scan if you can? Internal and external.

4. Ditto - tight clothes are a distant memory!

5.  I'm no longer seeing a chiropractor.   I was in pain for months, then one day I underestimated the height of a step down and jarred my hip.  Agony!  Went to bed for four hours to sleep off the pain -  but the strange thing was my SI joint was much better for many many months after that!

6.  I agree - all this sort of stuff is highly ambiguous.  I remember when I was really concerned about my pain - which was before I had had my scan and then sigmoidoscopy - I did a lot of online research and it seems that a lot of women get unexplained pelvic pain.  So it appears we are not alone.

If I were you I'd be inclined to pursue this with a GP, it might be a long journey but you should get some answers and peace of mind. I find unanswered medical questions only ever add to my pain - I think I must tense up with anxiety.

Cx

 

Gosh I hate docs so much and I always have to go to one! Every 3 months to my gyn for my chronic pelvic pain, and to the psych for my other meds. I promise I will ask the gyn about everything falling out at my next visit. I have told her about it, but she just brushed it off as something that happens when you have a hysterectomy sometimes. And they do test my urine each visit, but I'm not sure what they test it for, lol. Not pregnancy!

i just got a new pcp. Did a yearly check up and did not bring a list with me. Stupid me! I know my cholesterol is high, but it's been high since it was first tested when I was 16. They say some people genetically just have high readings. My dad did and he always ate low fat. That's the only things they told me, but I know now from this board I should ask to actually see the results.

thats interesting your accident reset your body for a few months. I bet that was very unexpected!

now off to read your article :) thank you!!!!!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, tessa25 said:

Regarding sacroiliac joint pain - I went to physical therapy for it. They can check to see if there is a problem. If there is they teach you how to put yourself in. You do it many times a day. Eventually the problem goes away.

 

That's awesome, thanks!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
3 3

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      106,807
    • Total Posts
      932,589
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      64,301
    • Most Online
      3,093

    Newest Member
    AnLi
    Joined
  • Popular Now

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Thanks for the response, all helpful. Here is the ingredients for the Claritin reditabs:  anhydrous citric acid, gelatin, mannitol, and mint flavor. And here is the ingredients for the nasal spray: An aqueous suspension containing the active ingredient fluticasone propionate USP, and the inactive ingredients 0.02% w/w microcrystalline cellulose and carboxymethylcellulose sodium, dextros, 0.02% w/w benzalkonium chloride, polysorbate 80, and 0.25% w/w phenylethyl alcohol, and has a pH between 5 and 7. Does anyone see anything suspicious I am still new at looking up unusual hidden gluten sources.
    • Hi Spencer88- just wanted to update you on the splinter hemorrhages. I went to my GI doctor and he ran a bunch of bloodwork. I didn't actually get the bloodwork done for a few weeks as I wanted to go back to consistently taking my B-12, D3, K, and multi.(Solgar VM-75)  When I did get the bloodwork done, all the numbers came back fine. Vitamin C is water soluble so harder to test for than A,D,E, and K but I thought A,D,E, & K would serve as an indication of how my body was absorbing. Splinter hemorrhages have grown out on my one toe and seem to be growing out on my other foot as well. Today, I think one may be starting on another toe, so am increasing my clementines to 3 a day again and seeing what happens. (I had gone down to one a day). This seems so non- scientific, but I am giving it a shot. My GI also wanted me to check with a rheumatologist, but my tests for RA and Lupus all came back fine, so not sure I will be making an appointment. Getting tired of jumping from doctor to doctor. So far have seen General practitioner, GI, Cardiologist, & Dermatologist. We have ruled out a lot, but no answers as to why. Getting tired of hearing the word "idiopathic". How are you doing?
    • :-D I'm hoping the labs will show something, but I'm thinking you're right and I'll just have to go gluten-free if there're no "evidence". My doc seemed willing to ask for a skin biopsy if it flares again, so that may do it if the labs don't. The tricky thing is most of my symptoms are gone since I cut out milk, except the rash crops up every now and then, my scalp never calms down completely, and my hair falls out. Huh, I guess that's still pretty unsatisfactory, lol.  I may just need to cut out the gluten after we get through the testing.
    • Are you now gluten free? Urinary issues are definitely a celiac / NCGS symptom. I used to drink tons of water / other drinks and had to urinate quite frequently when I was eating gluten. Once I stopped this was no longer the case. I still have the urge to urinate though, but far less frequently!
  • Upcoming Events