This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Book-recipes

KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

As most of you know I am in the middle of writing a book about celiac and it has been going very well.

I am adding a chapter on quick and good recipes so if anyone has their favorites that they want me to add let me know. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

I will add my impute, but give me a few day to get my thoughts together.

Sounds like a wonderful idea...

• 2 weeks later...
JKJ Newbie
As most of you know I am in the middle of writing a book about celiac and it has been going very well.

I am adding a chapter on quick and good recipes so if anyone has their favorites that they want me to add let me know. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My husband made the original Peanut butter cookie recipe on the jar but substituted gluten-free flours for wheat flour - I WILL get the ones he used and amounts - I hope he remembers! He has also made wonderful ginger cookies -- then lost the recipe he changed -- tried another one that was pretty good but not AS good B)

Anyway -- a great idea of yours! I wish you very well in your writing!

JKJ - Joni

jerseyangel Proficient

Kaiti, Here is a recipe that my husband and I both enjoy-- PINEAPPLE UPSIDEDOWN CAKE

4 Tbsp. butter or margarine

1/2 cup Domino light brown sugar

1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple in own juice--drain and reserve juice

1 pkg. Gluten Free Pantry Old Fashioned Cake and Cookie Mix

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter or margarine in 8 by 8 in. square pan. Sprinkle brown sugar over melted butter. Spoon pineapple evenly over brown sugar. Prepare cake according to pkg. directions BUT subsitiute 1/2 cup pineapple juice for the water. Pour batter over pineapple in pan. Bake 40 min. or until cake tests done. Remove from oven, let cool in pan 5 min. Invert carefully onto large plate. Enjoy!

Best of luck on the book!

Patti :)

JKJ Newbie

oops! I was wrong - the P.B. cookie recipe was adapted from Betty Crocker recipe - not the P.B. Jar! Here it is!

Peanut Butter cookies!

1/2 cup butter or marg.

1/2 cup chunky peanut butter

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1 egg

1/2 tsp vanilla

1 cupwhite rice flour

1/2 cup potato flour

3/4 tsp soda

1/4 tsp salt

Thoroughly cream butter, peanut butter, sugars, egg and vanilla. Sift together dry ingredients; blend into creamed mixture. Shape into 1" balls; roll in granulated sugar. Place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Press down with tines of fork in crisscross design. Bake at 375 degrees for 10- to 12 minutes. Cool slightly - remove from pan.

YUM!

JKJ-Joni

angel-jd1 Community Regular

Peanut Butter Fruit Dip

INGREDIENTS:

2 cups skim milk

1/2 cup light sour cream

1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding and pie filling mix

1 cup JIF® Reduced Fat Peanut Butter

1/3 cup sugar

Apple and banana slices (or any fruit of your choice)

DIRECTIONS:

Combine milk, sour cream, and pudding mix in medium bowl. Whisk until smooth. Stir peanut butter until evenly mixed throughout; measure after stirring. Stir peanut butter and sugar into pudding mixture; mix until well blended.

Serve with sliced apples or banana chunks. Store in refrigerator. If dip becomes too thick, stir in additional milk.

Flourless Peanut butter Cookies

1 C. Peanut Butter chunky or creamy ( I use skippy Brand)

1 C. Packed light or dark brown sugar (I use C & H brand)

1 Large Egg, slightly beaten

1 tsp. baking soda

1C Semisweet chocolate chips 6oz. (I use tollhouse brand)

Heat oven to 350 deg.

In Medium size bowl beat together peanut butter, brown sugar, egg and soda until the mixture is smooth and well blended. Stirr in chips until evenly distributed.

Drop the dough by slightly rounded teaspoonfulls onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing the mounds about 2 inches apart.

bake one baking sheet at a time in the 350 deg. oven until cookies are puffed and slightly golden, but still soft to the touch. About 10 min.

Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for about 5 min. Then transfer the cookies to the wire rack; let cool completely.

Makes about 2 dozen cookies

My family LOVED these cookies....they didn't last long. They were VERY easy to make.

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies (flourless)

1 C. Peanut Butter chunky or creamy ( I use skippy Brand)

1 C. Packed light or dark brown sugar (I use C & H brand)

1 Large Egg, slightly beaten

1 tsp. baking soda

Bag of Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Mini’s

Heat oven to 350 deg.

In Medium size bowl beat together peanut butter, brown sugar, egg and soda until the mixture is smooth and well blended.

In a greased mini muffin tin, press about 1 T dough into the sides of the tin . Leaving a small indention in the center (to be filled with the PB Cup after baking)

bake one baking sheet at a time in the 350 deg. oven until cookies are puffed and slightly golden, but still soft to the touch. About 10 min.

Press the unwrapped peanut butter cups into the indentions in the cookies. Let the cookies cool in the muffin cups for about 5 min. Then transfer the cookies to the wire rack; let cool completely

peach and pineapple upside down cake!!

Gluten-Free Yellow Cake

Basic and easy, and very versatile. Layer with white or

chocolate frosting, strawberries and whipped cream, etc. Make

sure your baking powder is gluten-free. Makes 2 -8 or 9

inch layers (24 servings).

Printed from Allrecipes, Submitted by Amy

1 1/2 cups white rice flour

3/4 cup tapioca flour

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

3 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon xanthan gum 4 eggs

1 1/4 cups white sugar

2/3 cup mayonnaise

1 cup milk

2 teaspoons gluten-free

vanilla extract

Directions

1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease

and rice flour two 8 or 9 inch round cake pans.

2 Mix the white rice flour, tapioca flour, salt, baking

soda, baking powder and xanthan gum together and set aside.

3 Mix the eggs, sugar, and mayonnaise until fluffy. Add

the flour mixture, milk and vanilla and mix well. Spread

batter into the prepared pans.

4 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes.

Cakes are done when they spring back when lightly touched or

when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.

Let cool completely then frost, if desired

To make it pineapple or peach upside down cake:

I made mine into two 9 inch round pans and put this mixture into EACH pan.

2T Butter/margarine melted in the baking pan

1/2 C Brown Sugar

3 T Juice from the canned fruit

Line bottom of pan with pineapple rings or peach slices. Mix the juice and brown sugar together. Pour this over the fruit and butter. Pour the cake mix over the fruit /brown sugar/ butter. Bake as stated in the above recipe.

This was YUMMY!! Great while warm.

Bean and Rice Burritos

1 cn Refried Beans 16oz.

1 c Brown rice; cooked

1/2 c Onions; frozen, chopped

1/2 c Gr. peppers; frozen, chopped

1/2 c Corn; frozen

Chili powder; dash Cumin; dash Garlic powder; dash

3/4 c Water

Salsa,

10 Corn Tortillas

-----------------------------OPTIONAL TOPPINGS-----------------------------

Lettuce, chopped 1 bn Scallions; chopped 1 Tomato; chopped

Saute the frozen onions and green peppers in a few tablespoons of water in a skillet. Pour refried beans in a skillet . Add the cooked rice, corn, spices and water. Heat 5 to 10 minutes until most of water is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Heat the tortillas quickly (just to soften) in a preheated skillet, a toaster oven, or a microwave. Place a line of bean mixture down the middle of each tortilla, add a teaspoon of salsa and any of the other toppings as desired. Fold up 1/2 inch on each side, tuck in the top edge and roll into a burrito. Serve immediately, topped with additional salsa if desired. The leftover bean mixture can be kept in the refrigerator and reheated in the microwave prior to assembly. The bean mixture can be adapted by changing the kind of beans (try kidney beans) or omitting the corn, or adding your favorite ingredient.

Hashbrown Crust Pizza

I used a pie plate, thinly sliced hashbrowns

Pour some hashbrowns into a lightly Pam'ed pie plate/pizza pan.

Defrost Hashbrowns and press onto the sides of the dish.

I added some garlic powder and oregano and basil to the hashbrowns.

Bake for about 20 min at 350...or until slightly brown and crispy.

Top with pizza sauce, toppings(meat, veggies) and cheese bake for

another 10-12 min. and you now have a great quick pizza!! YUM!!

I made a Ham and pineapple pizza was SOOOO good.

I used regular sauce, but then also added a little bbq sauce (sweet

baby ray's) for some extra kick. It was AWESOME!!!

Green Pepper Steak

2 tbsp. Corn Starch (argo)

4 tbsp Beef Broth (herb-ox boullion cubes)

4 tbsp soy sauce (San J)

1 garlic clove

1/2 to 1tsp. Red Pepper Flakes (McCormick)

1 lb. top sirlon sliced thin.

1/2 C Water

3 tbsp. vegetable oil (divided)

1 green pepper

1 red pepper

In bowl combine 1 tbsp corn starch, 2 tbsp broth, 2 sbsp soy sauce, garlic and red pepper flakes. Add beef and toss to coat (set aside).

In small bowl put water, remaining corn starch, broth and soy sauce.

In wok, heat 1 tbsp. oil. Add peppers and stir fry 1 min. Remove. Add remaining oil and stir fry beef. Return all to pan. Stir in corn starch mixture and boil.

Serve hot over rice. Makes great leftovers and freezes well.

*this dish is spicy, decrease red pepper flakes for less “heat”

I also add a can of diced tomatoes to my recipe. I also increase the beef broth for more sauce. You will need to increase the cornstarch if you increase the broth amount. I put in about a cup of broth and about 3 tbsp corn starch.

This recipe was given to me by my mom. It is one of my favorite meals!!

Enjoy!!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Carriefaith Enthusiast
I will add my impute, but give me a few day to get my thoughts together.

Sounds like a wonderful idea...

Same here :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Kaiti--I have another recipe that I was going to post last night but my house kind of turned into Grand Central Station! Anyway, this is what I call

ITALIAN SPANISH RICE

1 onion

3 green peppers

2 ribs celery

1 lb. good ground beef

1 cup raw Uncle Ben's Converted Rice

1 bottle Ragu Sauteed Onion & Garlic Sauce

1 small pkg. frozen green beans

In a large pot, saute the onion, green pepper and celery in 1/4 cup olive oil until soft. Add ground beef and brown well. Remove any excess grease from pan. Sprinkle in the rice and stir. Add sauce (after pouring in the sauce, add 1/4 cup water to bottle, shake and add), stir well, bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Pour in green beans, stir and continue to simmer for another 30 min. or so.

You can play with this and use any veggies you have or another favorite sauce. This is good reheated for lunches, too.

Carriefaith Enthusiast

I actually didn't know that you were writing a book! Good for you :) Here are some of my favorite recipes,

Blueberry Smoothie

1 cup frozen blueberries

1 1/2 cups Vanilla So Good Soy milk (or other equivalent)

1-2 tablespoons honey

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)

Mix everything in a blender

Tuna/Chicken/Turkey Salad Sandwiches

Italian white Kinnikinick bread, toasted OR Old El Paso corn tacos

2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise (Kraft with clearly indicate gluten in their ingredient lists)

1 can tuna or chicken/turkey equivalent

3-4 celery sticks, diced

3-4 green onions, diced

1 red pepper, diced

Mix everything in a bowel and then serve. If you use corn tacos, they taste really good heated in the microwave for 45 seconds and they also taste great after they’ve been made and then put in the fridge for awhile and then heated.

Pad Thai Stir Fry

Original Pad Thai Stir Fry Rice Noodle Meal Kit

1-2 tablespoons olive oil

4-5 green onions

1 red pepper

1 1/2 cups bean sprouts

2 eggs

1 colve garlic

Cook rice noodles according to package directions.

Heat oil and garlic in a wok/large skillet/large frying pan, add other veggies and cook until soft. Push the veggies aside and place the eggs in the middle of the veggies. Cook until the eggs are done. Place noodles and sauce into veggy mixture and serve.

Pizza

Kinnikinick Frozen Pizza crusts

Hamburger, cooked

Ragu Spaghetti sauce or Kraft pizza sauces (Kraft will always indicate gluten)

your choice of toppings (eg. red pepper, green pepper, onions, garlic, tomatoes)

Bake in oven at about 400 for 10-15 minutes. I recommend putting some oil on the pan to avoid sticking.

Pepper Steak Open Original Shared Link

* 1 pound sirloin tips, cut in serving-size pieces

* 2 tablespoons oil

* 1/4 cup chopped onion

* 1 clove garlic, halved

* 1 teaspoon salt

* dash pepper

* 1 cup beef broth (Imagine chicken/vegetable broth or 1 McCormick beef bouillon cube dissolved in water)

* 1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed tomatoes

* 1 large green bell pepper, sliced in rings

* 2 tablespoons cornstarch

* 1/4 cup cold water

* 2 tablespoons soy sauce (VH)

PREPARATION:

Directions for pepper steak.

Heat oil in a skillet over medium low heat. Brown meat for about 15 minutes; add onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Add beef broth to the meat. Cover and simmer over low heat until meat is tender, about 25 minutes.

Add tomatoes and green pepper; cook 10 minutes longer. Combine remaining ingredients; stir into the meat mixture. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes longer. Remove garlic. Serve with hot cooked noodles or rice.

Pepper steak recipe serves 4.

Chili

2 cans Heinz beans in tomato sauce

2 cans Heinz Chili style Kidney beans

1 can Hunts-Wesson tomato sauce

1 can tomatoes

1 small Imagine Tomato soup (if you can’t find this, just add extra tomato sauce)

Extra lean hamburger

your choice of veggies (green/red pepper, green/yellow onion, corn)

Chili powder, McCormick or Club house (add as much as you want)

Cook hamburger and veggies until done. Add everything in a big pot and heat.

Vegetable Casserole modified from "The Gluten-Free Gourmet Cooks Fast and Healthy: Wheat-Free Recipes with Less Fuss and Less Fat"

1 1/2 cups of uncooked rice

1 package baby carrotes

5 celery sticks, diced

1 onion, diced

2-3 garlic cloves, diced

1 can cashews

2 cans Kidney beans

3 cups of hot water and 2 McKormick gluten free bouillon cubes (disolved in water) OR 1-2 large containers of Imagine Chicken Broth. (You'll need lots of liquid to prevent buring.

Place uncooked rice on the bottom of a casserole dish. Throw everything else in. Mix without disturbing rice. Cover and cook for 55 minutes at 350.

Archived