• Join our community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease?  Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes
nvsmom

Best Fodmap Book

Rate this topic

I wanted to look into the FODMAP for me and my kids, and I was wondering what the best book for the how's and why's of this diet is.  Any advice would be welcome. :)

• Upvote 1

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Hi Nicole...someone recommended the book by Sue Shepard to me. I had it on hold at the library, but by the time I got it the holidays were upon us and I didn't end up doing anything with it. It looked good if that helps. Lol! I have a hard time mentally thinking about giving up any more food right now.

I have the book by Sue Shepard, it's pretty clear and informational. I also have a hard time mentally giving up any more food. I did make some changes, but for the most part I am so restricted to begin with I didn't jump into it fully. 

I am having surgery in a few weeks for a broken toe, and the surgeon recommended it for other issues we discussed, like arthritis changes in my bones he saw. he is sending me to a rheumatologist to check into this, and I meet with him on Friday. if this doc recommends it I will probably make more changes. 

always something! 

Hi Nicole...someone recommended the book by Sue Shepard to me. I had it on hold at the library, but by the time I got it the holidays were upon us and I didn't end up doing anything with it. It looked good if that helps. Lol! I have a hard time mentally thinking about giving up any more food right now.

LOL It helps.  ;)  I actually have a hold on that one at the library. I should have it by February.

I have the book by Sue Shepard, it's pretty clear and informational. I also have a hard time mentally giving up any more food. I did make some changes, but for the most part I am so restricted to begin with I didn't jump into it fully. 

I am having surgery in a few weeks for a broken toe, and the surgeon recommended it for other issues we discussed, like arthritis changes in my bones he saw. he is sending me to a rheumatologist to check into this, and I meet with him on Friday. if this doc recommends it I will probably make more changes. 

always something! 

Good luck with the rheumy!  I hope you find answers, but then again I hope you don't.  ;)  I know when I saw the rheumy I actually broke into tears of frustration when she said my arthritis must be celiac disease related.  I was relieved but ridiculously disappointed that there was nothing I could do but give it more time.  LOL  :rolleyes:   That rheumy did not recommend anything about dietary changes to me at all.  Actually, she did nothing for me but I wasn't in a flare up at the time of my appointment so I'm mot sure what she believed either.

Good luck!  Let us know how it goes.

Here is a link to the one my g.i. gave me.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Complete-Low-FODMAP-Diet-Revolutionary/dp/1615190805

It's really not a hard diet to follow.  I did it for about six months.  I did get a little tired of eating the same vegetables, but just in time the dietician told me to add in summer squash and zucchini.  It's very similar to the SCD diet, but I found it to be not as restricting and easier to follow.  You'll find good recipes on Kate Scarlotta's blog, also.

Ads by Google:

Looks like a really good blog.  Thanks!  :)

Together with Celiac I also have IBD and although I am now officially in remission since i have been gluten free GI recommended I go on FODMP diet in order to deal with some other intolerances and problems I also have - this book was recommended to me: IBS free at last! By Patsy Catsos is a good guide to the FODMP elimination diet - it looks like it is devoted to IBS but also deals with celiac and IBD and I have found it extremely informative. Hope this helps!!

Ads by Google: