This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

A Celiacs Prego Cravings!

MycasMommy

MycasMommy Enthusiast

I have been browsing the baby forum boards and reading the posts they have about their cravings.  I do not even belong to my species! hahah  I see all of this fast food, and junk food, and processed food they are dying to eat and salivating over.  Its just not polite to mention it there so I won't.  Me though?  I am craving crunchy Kale salads, and blueberries, and hot butternut squash soups, oh and APPLESAUCE.. the home made crock pot kind.  While it is true and am pretty much too tired to cook, these are the things I drool/think about.  It is all so ridiculously healthy! Ive won the prego lottery in that dept., no? LOL

OH OH OH AND also... Oven roasted garlic.  I want to eat that stuff in the night... oh yeah...

bananas... cantaloupe....

about the only thing I can think of that is bad for me but I want anyway is gatorade.  I figure that is not too bad?  I know I should skip it because of the sugar content though. I end up semi dehydrated at the end of a long  work day and I can just guzzle that stuff.  It does not even taste good, but I want it anyway.  Bizarre how it feels like I have no food self control lately.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

nvsmom Community Regular

LOL  That's pretty impressive!  Maybe you are growing a little healthy eater in there.  ;)  I hope it stays like this for you - that's just awesome.  :)

I lived on ice tea mixes in the first few months of my pregnancies.  Food didn't stay in even if I could get it in.  Heck, I couldn't even stand the smell of my upper lip - I think I washed 10 times a day.  LOL

bartfull Rising Star

And they say that whatever you eat is what your child will like. You're already training your child to eat healthy!

The roasted garlic? That's easy to make (as I'm sure you know) so you should go for it. Roast the whole cloves, then cut off the tip. Squeeze it out onto a slice of Udi's, spread it, and dip in olive oil. You'll think you've died and gone to heaven.

nvsmom Community Regular

The roasted garlic? That's easy to make (as I'm sure you know) so you should go for it. Roast the whole cloves, then cut off the tip. Squeeze it out onto a slice of Udi's, spread it, and dip in olive oil. You'll think you've died and gone to heaven.

But get your husband to have some too or he won't come near you... Of course, that could be a blessing depending on how you are feeling that day.  ;)

kareng Grand Master

I saw the title and thought you wre craving this Open Original Shared Link

Lol

mamaw Community Regular

I  thought the same  as Kareng!!!!!   I think that is wonderful  your are  craving  healthy  alternatives   to  junk food,  think healthy  baby.....  when daughter  was  with  child  she  used to put  earphones on  her  belly  &  play classical  music  &  stories  ..... I swear  this  teenager  is  so  smart!   I'm  a believer now...second  one  she  didn't  have time to  do  that   very smart too but  has to work at  it &  actually study....

You go girl......are you going to know  the sex  before  birth?  Did you start  your new  job yet?  just thinking  of  you......

MycasMommy Enthusiast

YAY!  I have some energy this evening. Well.. that is something. Been coming home..removing shoes.. eating food and going to bed. SO is complaining a little because I am out cold in about 90 seconds LOL

I am glad I am not having cravings for things that are not exactly healthy. I WILL SHARE THAT GARLIC OH YEAH!!! Mouhahahhaha

Prego spaghetto sauce.. VERY FUNNY LADIES!

I instructed the SO that if he and my daughter NEED TO EAT and I have not made anything..emergency method of tinlkyada pasta and jarred Classico sauce are safe!  I have no idea about Prego though! That would be ...ironic!

I played classical music for my daughter oh so long ago, whilst pregnant and when I brought her home from the hospital and played it...she had the same look on her face as when she heard my voice for the first time. She got all quiet and wide eyed and focused.  She turned out quite the intelligent young lady, too.  This time I will do the same and the SO wants to play acoustic guitar for it while it is baking in me too.

has a small freak out today and called the Doc.  I do not think I trust the info though and I cannot really find the answer online.  I do not eat grains. except small amounts of rice.... so I am REALLY missing the whole folic acid thing. I have been supplementing of course but .. maybe it is just not enough because I know I have absorption issues. I have been doing heavy doses of the Vit D and a huge Bcomplex deal..and also the folic acid... but just in REGULAR person prenatal amounts (except the excessive Vit D Rx I have)... and so I called.. and the front desk lady said oh... 800 of folic acid.  THAT IS THE REGULAR AMOUNT in most prenatal vitamins.

So.. I think I should take more.. but she never even asked the doctor... I have not SEEN the doctor yet (may 19) to ask either and that is almost 12 weeks in.  It seems like that is a bigger chunk of time not getting enough that it should be.  I do not know what to DO!

THEN  I sent the SO to Walgreens to pick up GUMMI prenatals..as I thought well. I will just add THOSE to what I already take. I was on the phone with him.. he said he found them and he checked them for wheat.. and no wheat. *SIGHS*  HE DID NOT READ THE PART WHERE IT SAID PROCESSED on the SAME EQUIPMENT SHELLFISH!!!

Also.. they were not gummis... they are some kind of chewable tablet.  Cant take them back because he thought he was being sweet and opened them all up for me.

They have a gummi bear on the front but they clearly say tablets... and We had a whole convo about how the smell makes me vomit so i NEED THE GUMMIS!!!

I do not want to tell him the screw up at this point.  SO I will pass them on to my newly pregnant boss in the morning. and then go buy them MYSELF. the RIGHT KIND.

END RANT.

I will know the sex in the next month or so. I am 39 so all that genetic testing is about to happen and as a byline they tell you the gender. :D  I DID start my job.. I qualify for the disability abaout 2 weeks before I am due so THAT is good. and I will get christmas and news years with my maternity leave mouahhahahah

I am thinking I will do a Who from Whoville as the baby announcement after the birth.  Have to find a fun and creative photographer :D

with this quote on it!

95fca637d23686fde9ea03d58f46816b.webp

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived