This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Uh-Oh!

bartfull

bartfull Rising Star

So my friend Bonnie who lives in a senior housing place came in yesterday all sad because they took her friend Harold to hospice. Harold was so worried about what would become of the cat that was his whole world. Well, I said I'd go down and see. If I WAS going to get another cat I wanted an older cat who had lost her "mom". I wanted a little girl kitty with short hair who was an indoor only cat.

Well, Patches is a big boy kitty with long hair, but they told me Patches was shy and didn't like people he didn't know. I walked in and Patches was all over me, head butting me and purring and rolling around on the floor. The people were amazed.

And Patches came home with me. He's HUGE! He must weigh 20 pounds! Black and white and SO affectionate. He's too big to fit in my lap but he likes to lie on the couch next to me with his head in my lap. And he likes to "hold hands". He puts all four of his huge paws against the palm of my hand and then he falls asleep. He likes his belly rubbed. And he eats yogurt. (I got a whole list of instructions from Harold.)

Bonnie went up to see Harold last night and told him she had found a great home with someone who would love Patches and spoil him rotten.

Harold died this morning, and I promised that when Patches dies I will have him cremated and the ashes buried with Harold.

But in the meantime I have a new best friend. :wub: I will miss Grommit forever and I'm sure Patches will miss Harold forever, but we're going to make each other happy for as long as we can. Patches is 12 and a half years old and other than being overweight he's very healthy.

Life is good.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

That's great! It was meant to be!

Gemini Experienced

What a great story...other than the fact that Harold passed away.  Funny how karma works out sometimes.  ^_^

I had a big boy cat years ago named Benson.  He weighed 25 pounds and was an all black kitty and the biggest baby of all.  He loved his humans.  Big cats are great so enjoy Patches!

ravenwoodglass Mentor

He sounds wonderful. I thought the right one would come along when the time was right.  :)

I have a big black long haired kitty too. He has white feet and a white blaze and is also one of the sweetest kitties I have ever had. People that don't like black kitties don't know what they are missing. 

bartfull Rising Star

I've got the best of both worlds. When I'm wearing light clothing I'll be covered with black kitty hair. When I'm wearing dark clothing I'll be covered with white kitty hair.

And I'll wear it proudly. :)

icelandgirl Proficient

Awww...congratulations!

mamaw Community Regular

Congrats  on your  new  baby(big baby)!!!! Patches  knew  immediately who to  love  & hook onto.... they are so smart, he  wasn't  just  going to pick any old body  he knew  what he was looking  for!!!!! Glad  he  choose  you , he  will have a great  wonderful  life.....Sorry about  the death..... You & patches  will be a comfort  to each other..... :wub:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

caro7 Newbie

So my friend Bonnie who lives in a senior housing place came in yesterday all sad because they took her friend Harold to hospice. Harold was so worried about what would become of the cat that was his whole world. Well, I said I'd go down and see. If I WAS going to get another cat I wanted an older cat who had lost her "mom". I wanted a little girl kitty with short hair who was an indoor only cat.

Well, Patches is a big boy kitty with long hair, but they told me Patches was shy and didn't like people he didn't know. I walked in and Patches was all over me, head butting me and purring and rolling around on the floor. The people were amazed.

And Patches came home with me. He's HUGE! He must weigh 20 pounds! Black and white and SO affectionate. He's too big to fit in my lap but he likes to lie on the couch next to me with his head in my lap. And he likes to "hold hands". He puts all four of his huge paws against the palm of my hand and then he falls asleep. He likes his belly rubbed. And he eats yogurt. (I got a whole list of instructions from Harold.)

Bonnie went up to see Harold last night and told him she had found a great home with someone who would love Patches and spoil him rotten.

Harold died this morning, and I promised that when Patches dies I will have him cremated and the ashes buried with Harold.

But in the meantime I have a new best friend. :wub: I will miss Grommit forever and I'm sure Patches will miss Harold forever, but we're going to make each other happy for as long as we can. Patches is 12 and a half years old and other than being overweight he's very healthy.

Life is good.

You made a sick man very happy, his kitty too.  Congratulations.

squirmingitch Veteran

Karma. It was meant to be that Patches & you found each other exactly when you both needed to find someone. I'm so happy for you!  Not having to worry about Patches means the world to Harold. You done good girl!

nvsmom Community Regular

Very sweet of you.  I think Patches instantly sensed your big heart...  :)

cyclinglady Grand Master

So happy for you!

kareng Grand Master

I told my 19 yr old son - so not really into sweet gooey stories.  He thought it was great!  Kind of reminded him of he and our kitty - she was out of hiding and into his lap in 15 minutes.

bartfull Rising Star

I am totally in love! He eats his yogurt out of the spoon. (Doesn't want it in a dish.) And this morning while I was rubbing his belly he grabbed my hand and put it in his mouth. He bit is SOFTLY. A little "love bite".

bartfull Rising Star

Yes, Grommit was the one I lost a few weeks ago. She was a sweet kitty and I had her for 16 years. I didn't think I'd be getting another kitty but it really was meant to be.

I can tell that Harold had really spoiled Patches. And that's fine because I want to spoil him too. Tonight I'll be giving him some roast chicken with yogurt for dessert. And next week I'll pick up some cod. Grommit couldn't eat people food (it made her sick) except for cod which she loved. I always shared it with her. I hope Patches loves it as much as she did.

bartfull Rising Star

I think this guy is a vegetarian! He turns his nose up at canned food, he wanted nothing to do with the chicken, and he eats very sparingly of his dried food. But he loves cheese and he loves yogurt. (And he loves me. :wub: ) He is starting to talk now. If I'm in another room he comes looking for me and calling. I am totally in love with this cat!!!

squirmingitch Veteran

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

mommida Enthusiast

Barty!

I am so happy for you.  When heaven and earth align just so two bruised hearts can find each other to love, it is bliss.

May you two make many happy memories!

I do hope Harold and Grommit are getting along in the after life. 

Archived