This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

gluten intolerance, dairy intolerance and fructose

kkgirl

kkgirl Contributor

I'v posted on here b4... 6 yrs ago I was diagnosed as severely gluten intolerant. ( they were kinda shocked that test for celiac was negative) anyway my symptoms went away up until a few months ago. I went to the gi doctor and they said I can't have dairy or fructose..

* I found that out yesterday, I thought my tests for dairy was neg but guess it was pos. And I had no clue about the fructose*.. 

Anyway is it possible to have all these I tolerances? It's not making since to me.... also if you experience same thing what can I eat!! All I had today was grilled chicken and rice because it was on my lost from gi doctor... I'm a college student so I need easy quick stuff as easy as I can have it now I guess.. also is almond milk ok to have and coconut milk? I'm very confused on the fructose part.. dairy I'v been of for 6 weeks.... my doctor sent a referl over to a diatrition doctor but I want stuff to get me by until I get in. I don't even know what to look for all the research I'v done is just confusing me even more since different websites say different things..... thank you in advance.. I'm trying to gain weight I was gaining the first few yrs of being gluten free but I went back word and stuff went down hill again... 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jmg Mentor

I tested negative for milk allergy but still react. I still have processed foods that may have a little milk in them, I seem to be OK doing that, although I may have to reassess that. Primary reaction to dairy is through skin.

Coconut milk is fine, I've grown to really like it. :)

GFinDC Veteran

I've never gone fructose free so can't help much with that.  But any fruit is probably a problem.  If you are serious about avoiding fructose you could do a search and print out a list of foods to avoid.

Open Original Shared Link

Yes, it very possible to have multiple food intolerance issues.  Many people have multiple food intolerances.  It might help to avoid any foods that are sweet for now.  Meat and most veggies are probably the way to go.  You may want to get some jerky to eat for snacks.  Peanuts might be ok but you'll need to verify that.  Boiled eggs are probably ok.  Most soda would be a no-no.

Dark Angel Rookie

Look into The Paleo Approach by Sara Ballentyne, PhD.  Great resource and will probably answer your questions.  I have the same problem. You have to really read labels.  The only coconut milk I can use is an organic canned one.  Others have too many ingredients that are problematic.  For now, stay with meat and vegetables as someone else has recommended.  If rice works for you, great.  If not, winter squash is good.  The diet change is overwhelming at first but then it starts to make sense.  The one good thing about an intolerance versus allergy is the possibility of someday being able to add it back into your diet once your gut has healed.

kkgirl Contributor

Thank you so much. I was just wondering about ice creams what kind 2 have alot are made from the coconut. 

Archived