This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Quick Breakfast Ideas?

smjohn

smjohn Apprentice

What do most of you do for breakfast? I used to eat bagels or cereal :rolleyes:

What would be quick/easy and filling?

I had scrambled eggs and fruit this am.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. You guys have been great!! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

frenchiemama Collaborator

There are some gluten-free cold breakfast cereals, I generally buy Nature's Path.

Other ideas include fruit, eggs, yogurt, Kinnikinnic english muffins (don't taste a bit like english muffins, but not bad toasted), or maybe a LaraBar if I'm in a rush.

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

I like fruit for breakfast but sometimes just toast up a Kinnikinnick bagel or Vans waffles. Eggs are always fast and yummie.

mookie03 Contributor
What do most of you do for breakfast? I used to eat bagels or cereal :rolleyes:

What would be quick/easy and filling?

I had scrambled eggs and fruit this am.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. You guys have been great!! :)

i like to have gluten free granola (i like Enjoy Life brand) either w/ yogurt or milk. It takes less than a minute to prepare and u can even put it in a plastic cup and eat on the go w/ a spoon. I mix it up- sometimes skim milk, sometimes soy, and sometimes plain yogurt w/ a little honey (plain yogurt doesnt taste good to me otherwise, but i havent found a replacement for my dannon vanilla yogurt yet).

if you have some time u could slice a banana into it or put in some berries

i also like to make gluten-free frozen waffles- i sometimes put peanut butter and sliced banana on them and they are pretty filling

RiceGuy Collaborator

In a rush:

peanut butter and apple sauce/banana sandwiches (gluten-free bread of course)

instant mashed potatoes

corn bread/muffins (made beforehand)

leftover dinners

If you have a bit more time, eggs are tasty. I used to make a large biscuit, and toss in some fresh onion with the eggs until they got translucent and glossy. Then split open the biscuit, spread on margarine, and put in the eggs and onions. That always hit the spot. You can also put in sprouts, cheese, tomato, etc. I'd sometimes like putting onion right into the biscuit dough.

Cream of rice with fruit should be safe, and the microwave would make it even faster. Heck, a large bowl of rice with margarine and a slice of cheese - Yum!

Jnkmnky Collaborator

Kinnikinnick makes bagels that are good. I don't like their version of cinnamon raisin anything. We eat the lifestream wildberry waffles every day. I like them with pb. Kinnikinnick also makes good donuts. Very filling. Cake like, not light and airy. Fill you till you're sick. :lol: We slap extra frosting on them. Pillsbury makes gluten free chocolate frosting. Also, eggs and bacon on a Kinnikinnick english muffin. Those muffins aren't my favorite, but they're ok if you add enough butter, salt & pepper...ketchup, cheese... And toast them first, of course. Chebe is great if you roll it flat, put in scrambled eggs, diced ham and onions and turn it into a "hot pocket." My kids love those.

Open Original Shared Link

Open Original Shared Link

Guest nini

I make up batches of 1-2-3 Gluten Free's Pancake Mix and freeze the pancakes individually in sandwich bags and then in a big freezer bag all together... I can pull out one or two at a time and heat it up in the microwave, fill it with lunchmeat or fruit spread or eggs and cheese... I also like Kinnikinick sesame bagels toasted with cream cheese, Larabars, Nature's Path Mesa Sunrise Cereal with honey and milk in a bowl... Quaker instant grits with butter and salt and pepper or cheese... Pear Salad (diced pears with Helleman's Real Mayo and shredded cheese), Cheese Toast on Kinnikinick bread, bananas and a Glutino Cereal bar...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jnkmnky Collaborator
I make up batches of 1-2-3 Gluten Free's Pancake Mix and freeze the pancakes individually in sandwich bags and then in a big freezer bag all together... I can pull out one or two at a time and heat it up in the microwave, fill it with lunchmeat or fruit spread or eggs and cheese... I also like Kinnikinick sesame bagels toasted with cream cheese, Larabars, Nature's Path Mesa Sunrise Cereal with honey and milk in a bowl... Quaker instant grits with butter and salt and pepper or cheese... Pear Salad (diced pears with Helleman's Real Mayo and shredded cheese), Cheese Toast on Kinnikinick bread, bananas and a Glutino Cereal bar...

OMG...no. :o Not larabars!!! Blech!

jerseyangel Proficient

I either have a banana and some Whole Foods gluten-free Bakeshop cinnamon raisin bread toasted, or Cream of Rice w/ pure maple syrup, raisins and walnuts. Sometimes, just a banana and o.j.

discountshopper Rookie

I like Quinoa Flakes by Ancient Harvest. They are quick in the microwave, or you can just pour boiling water over them and they are ready in about a minute. I add raisins, sugar-free syrup, dried fruit, brown sugar -- whatever strikes me that day. They are a "super food" and so are very nutritious, and filling. Then there's fruit, of course. Toasted gluten-free bread with PB or butter or whatever. Gluten-free pancakes or waffles. Envirokids gluten-free cereals are enjoyed by my 5 year old (Panda Puffs - he would eat them all day if allowed). Eggs, bacon, sausage.... There's a whole lot out there -- and some of it is actually good. :P

kevsmom Contributor

Health Valley makes Corn Crunch-Ums and Rice Crunch-Ums cereal. They taste like Chex. I can buy this at my local health food store.

Archived