This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

ibgard

ironictruth

ironictruth Proficient

Anyone used this?

It says it is gluten free. GI doc suggested it for continued pain on right side. Looks like it is mainly peppermint oil.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GFinDC Veteran

Hi Ironictruth,

I haven't tried it.  I think i prefer peppermint tea myself from the sound of this stuff.  Nothing terrible about it I suppose, but peppermint tea at least tastes good and warms me up in  the winter.

ironictruth Proficient

I totally ended up getting Traditional Medicinals peppermint tea instead and am sold. 

GFinDC Veteran

That's good.  Celestial Seasonings make a good one also.  Tea up! :)

• 4 years later...
ScrAlex Newbie

My mother had some and offered so I just took two last night for the first time shortly before bed because of my increasing stomach pains because accidentally getting gluten that dinner and I also took my prescribed Lorazepam as needed because I was getting a panic attack too because of my existing anxiety and bipolar disorder. So combined it seems to calm it down a bit if not some. Will need more opportunities to take again if gluten to reach a better conclusion for myself but of course don't want to ever get gluten again.

knitty kitty Grand Master
1 hour ago, ScrAlex said:

My mother had some and offered so I just took two last night for the first time shortly before bed because of my increasing stomach pains because accidentally getting gluten that dinner and I also took my prescribed Lorazepam as needed because I was getting a panic attack too because of my existing anxiety and bipolar disorder. So combined it seems to calm it down a bit if not some. Will need more opportunities to take again if gluten to reach a better conclusion for myself but of course don't want to ever get gluten again.

Welcome to our forum!

This thread is rather old.  The original posters might not answer.

I'm assuming you've been diagnosed with Celiac Disease.  Please remember that Celiac Disease causes malabsorption because of the damage to the villi in the small intestine.  The damaged villi can't absorb all the vitamins and minerals that you need.  This can affect your brain function as well as your body functions.

Before I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease, I suffered severe vitamin and mineral deficiencies which caused me to have depression, anxiety, OCD, bipolar disorder and Wernicke's Encephalopathy among other things.  Not one of my doctors checked for vitamin and mineral deficiencies.  

I suggest you ask your doctor to check for vitamin and mineral deficiencies.  These deficiencies will affect your brain function.

I recovered by supplementing the vitamins and minerals I was not absorbing.  Here are some articles that explain more....

The Role of Vitamins and Minerals in Psychiatry

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3046018/

And...

Nutritional therapies for mental disorders

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2248201/

Hope this helps!  Keep us posted on your progress! 

ScrAlex Newbie

Thank you so much Kitty! Ya I just updated my profile and joined rather late since I was diagnosed in 2017 and fully healed a year later because of following the gluten free diet! I was lacking sleep and didn't take my morning meds because of needing to flip my sleeping schedule (since I work nights) to contact workers compensation since I recently recovered from covid! 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

knitty kitty Grand Master

@ScrAlex,

We're glad to have you here now!

And very glad you beat Covid!

I find Oolong tea helpful when I get anxious or upset tummy.  I like Twinings brand.  I order it online from that big a store. 🐱