This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Digestive Issues and Enzymes

Ennis-TX

Ennis-TX Grand Master

So I been having some odd issues, I doubled my protein and fat intake and started stuffing myself to bulk up. Now sometimes I get sick and puke up the undigested food a few hours later.  

First off yes I am on PPI due to a odd issue, not quite acid reflux but related. Basically if I do not take them my stomach keeps producing acid non stop and I just throw up acid 24/7. Been like this since 05-07ish when I ODed on energy drinks as a kid..  

Anyway so one guy suggest I take betaine HCL to make my acid stronger to breakdown the foods more. Another suggest a broad spectrum enzyme and to up my intake of them. While I was personally debating  taking just a bromelain enzyme to help, as a lot swear by pineapple for digestion and this would get me enzymes without the sugars.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Gemini Experienced

I am not so sure about taking Betaine HCL if you have too much acid production.  You are countering with PPI's but if it were me, I would go to a really good digestive enzyme.  I used them for quite awhile after diagnosis and they are more specific than Betaine.....they include the enzymes which help digest protein, carbs, etc. I had the same problem as you, only not as severe.  I would get physically sick after eating harder to digest foods, like meat or fats.  You could use Bromelain also as it's pretty tame compared to Betaine but you need digestive enzymes and go slow on the heavier foods right now. Baby steps......

Posterboy Mentor
On 3/22/2017 at 0:28 PM, Ennis_TX said:

So I been having some odd issues, I doubled my protein and fat intake and started stuffing myself to bulk up. Now sometimes I get sick and puke up the undigested food a few hours later.  

First off yes I am on PPI due to a odd issue, not quite acid reflux but related. Basically if I do not take them my stomach keeps producing acid non stop and I just throw up acid 24/7. Been like this since 05-07ish when I ODed on energy drinks as a kid..  

Anyway so one guy suggest I take betaine HCL to make my acid stronger to breakdown the foods more. Another suggest a broad spectrum enzyme and to up my intake of them. While I was personally debating  taking just a bromelain enzyme to help, as a lot swear by pineapple for digestion and this would get me enzymes without the sugars.

Ennis_TX,

I vote for taking the BetaineHCL and see if your (in)digestion doesn't approve.

This site explains it well.  Open Original Shared Link

Reading it will explain by taking PPI's your stomach's pyloric valve that guards the small intestine won't open thus you throw things back up.

You mentioned this got worse when you upped your fat and protein uptake most people don't know that eating more fat delays/slow stomach emptying.

Fats go rancid, proteins putrfies and carbs ferment.

And if you are already taking PPI's it is slow to open already adding more fats too that causes even slower opening/transit (or even impossible) transit once the stomach acid is so low it will no longer trigger the pyloric valve to open at all.

Here is a link that explains fats role in slow gastric emptying.

Open Original Shared Link

Livestrong has a good synopsis of why this is.

quoting livestrong

"Delayed Emptying

Upon entering your stomach, fats stimulate the release of cholecystokinin, or CCK, from the cells that line your duodenum, which is the first segment of your small intestine. CCK is a hormone that suppresses your appetite, triggers the release of pancreatic enzymes, stimulates contraction of your gallbladder and, according to the February 1987 issue of “The American Journal of Physiology,” delays gastric emptying. This allows the fats in your stomach to enter your intestine gradually, where they can be emulsified by bile from your gallbladder and broken down by enzymes from your pancreas."

Dr. Myatt explains that doctor's don't use the gastric function test aka Heidelburg test today to confirm people truly have high stomach acid but just knee jerk give PPI's without really knowing the acid level you really have.

Incidently locking you into taking the PPI's for years and years when they were ever only meant to be taken for a month or two at the max.

Dr. Myatt says if taking BetaineHCL improves digestion then your stomach acid was already too low and by taking PPI's you are locking yourself into a vicious cycle.

And why if heartburn (indestion) happens when you eat food it is already too low to digest the fats you are eating and why adding more fats makes/made it worse in my opinion.

The 20sometihing allergy site explains how to take betainc hcl to improve your digestion.

**** this is not medical advice but I think you will find once you have found your gastric tolerance you should be able to wean yourself off PPI's over a couple months for good.

here is a pubmed article that talks about this same issue of "gastric reacidification"  using beainehcl and they note "Betaine HCl was well tolerated by all subjects." and usually why  if taking Betainehcl improves digestion in my opinion then it (stomach acid) is already too low in the first place.

If you read the pubmed article I think (hope you will agree) that with someone currently taking PPI's then your stomach acid is already  too low.

This is why they were studying ways to increase people's stomach acid to improve absorption (digestion) of medicine (I would add food too) because these things/issues of food absorption/digestion are pH dependent.  And why without high enough pH stomach acid (lower the number stronger the acid) digestion becomes (in)digestion.

good luck and I hope this is helpful.

posterboy,

Ennis-TX Grand Master
38 minutes ago, Posterboy said:

Ennis_TX,

I vote for taking the BetaineHCL and see if your (in)digestion doesn't approve.

This site explains it well.  Open Original Shared Link

Reading it will explain by taking PPI's your stomach's pyloric valve that guards the small intestine won't open thus you throw things back up.

You mentioned this got worse when you upped your fat and protein uptake most people don't know that eating more fat delays/slow stomach emptying.

Fats go rancid, proteins putrfies and carbs ferment.

And if you are already taking PPI's it is slow to open already adding more fats too that causes even slower opening/transit (or even impossible) transit once the stomach acid is so low it will no longer trigger the pyloric valve to open at all.

Here is a link that explains fats role in slow gastric emptying.

Livestrong has a good synopsis of why this is.

quoting livestrong

"Delayed Emptying

Upon entering your stomach, fats stimulate the release of cholecystokinin, or CCK, from the cells that line your duodenum, which is the first segment of your small intestine. CCK is a hormone that suppresses your appetite, triggers the release of pancreatic enzymes, stimulates contraction of your gallbladder and, according to the February 1987 issue of “The American Journal of Physiology,” delays gastric emptying. This allows the fats in your stomach to enter your intestine gradually, where they can be emulsified by bile from your gallbladder and broken down by enzymes from your pancreas."

Dr. Myatt explains that doctor's don't use the gastric function test aka Heidelburg test today to confirm people truly have high stomach acid but just knee jerk give PPI's without really knowing the acid level you really have.

Incidently locking you into taking the PPI's for years and years when they were ever only meant to be taken for a month or two at the max.

Dr. Myatt says if taking BetaineHCL improves digestion then your stomach acid was already too low and by taking PPI's you are locking yourself into a vicious cycle.

And why if heartburn (indestion) happens when you eat food it is already too low to digest the fats you are eating and why adding more fats makes/made it worse in my opinion.

The 20sometihing allergy site explains how to take betainc hcl to improve your digestion.

**** this is not medical advice but I think you will find once you have found your gastric tolerance you should be able to wean yourself off PPI's over a couple months for good.

here is a pubmed article that talks about this same issue of "gastric reacidification"  using beainehcl and they note "Betaine HCl was well tolerated by all subjects." and usually why  if taking Betainehcl improves digestion in my opinion then it (stomach acid) is already too low in the first place.

If you read the pubmed article I think (hope you will agree) that with someone currently taking PPI's then your stomach acid is already  too low.

This is why they were studying ways to increase people's stomach acid to improve absorption (digestion) of medicine (I would add food too) because these things/issues of food absorption/digestion are pH dependent.  And why without high enough pH stomach acid (lower the number stronger the acid) digestion becomes (in)digestion.

good luck and I hope this is helpful.

posterboy,

NOPE Betaine made it 10x worse, the bromelain fixed it. -_- My acid is plenty strong......that betaine made it worse and I dropped it after 4 days of giving it a try. The Bromelain eased the indigestion, and seems to benefit me more. My effects of my ketogenic diet are more stable now in addition instead of up and down.

Thanks for the suggestion it might work for some people but my issue is not your standard ones, and it just does not work well for my body.

As to the emptying I do sometimes notice this.........I drink a hot coffee with magnesium before and after a meal to force it to empty along with abdominal exercises before a meal. I also walk about a mile after a meal.  Works most times sometimes it does not, then I just vomit up everything. and lay down for a bit til the gurgling of it moving starts, and try eating again in a hour.

Posterboy Mentor

Ennis_Tx,

Most people don't start with high enough dose to get over the acid rebound wall that makes it feel 10x worse.

In the gastric re-acidfication study they used 1500mg which would be at least 3 capsule of 650mgs at one time and maybe 4 to be extra sure you have enough stomach acid.

If are taking PPP's your stomach acid is not too high right now (because your body's ability is being blocked by the PPI's it is when you stop you get the acid rebound). and the feeling is 10x worse when you have a little stomach acid.

If you do continue to take them be aware they can cause kidney damage longer term.

PPI's are hard to get off of once you have started.

I get that . .. nobody said it would be easy.  Nothing that is worth it rarely ever is but I would try and get off of them if I could.

But taking more is better here not less.

***** this is not medical advice but I think if you try about 3 or 4 at one time it will 3x to 4x better than just taking one at a time.

Here is the link where they say one betaine hcl capsule is not enough to reacidify the stomach.

Betainehcl is used in pediatric patients in much higher doses with very little side effects so it can be taken in much higher doses with minimum risk.

see this link where high supplemental amount of betainehcl is use to treat homocystinuria because adults and children alike cant' absorb their B-Vitamins well without a strong stomach acid.

I saw somewhere but cant' find the source that said 1,800 to 2,400mg is normal for the stomach to produce that much for each meal  but I am not sure that if that is right or not. . . but it seems plausible if 3g 2/day was used to treat homocystinuria in adults and children.

I don't doubt you had high stomach once but confusing the acid rebound from stopping PPI's or not taking enough betaincechcl at one time can feel very similar.

But if the stomach's pyloric valve is not emptying (and you are possibly throwing up because of it) and eating more fat makes it worse then it seems to me that there is not enough stomach acid yet to trigger the pyloric valve to open (and taking PPI's in my mind guarantees that fact) blocking any acid the body is producing.  But until you take enough betainehcl replace an equal amount of stomach acid the PPI's are blocking  the body from producing you will never be able to get off the PPI's.

I have no doubt you once had high stomach acid but you shouldn't still being having high stomach acid problems why you are taking the PPI's.  It just seems logical to mee that this is happening because the PPI's have made/blocked your stomach acid to the point you can no longer digest your food (fat's especially) and possibly even gluten if the below research is correct.

Celiac.com actually reported research to this effect.

https://www.celiac.com/articles/23432/1/Do-Proton-Pump-Inhibitors-Increase-Risk-of-Celiac-Disease/Page1.html

Taking PPI's they (researchers say) could lead to a Celiac diagnosis.

quoting

"The data clearly show that patients who use anti-secretory medications are at much greater risk for developing celiac disease following the use of these medicines.

The fact that this connection persisted even after the team excluded prescriptions for anti-secretory medicines in the year preceding the celiac disease diagnosis suggests a causal relationship."

I know about 4 betainehcl capsules helped my digestive issues and I hope it will help yours' too and if it doesn't maybe it will help someone else who might read this.  go up or down accordingly till your gastric tolerance is reached (a warm pleasant feeling) that corresponds with improved digestion.

Also to be sure to take them (the betainehcle capsules) with plenty of water.  At least  a glass or two because water drives the process.  Watermelon works well if water is not available or you don't trust your local water companies water.

***this is not medical advice only my own personal experience and study.

I hope this is helpful.

2 Timothy 2: 7 “Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things” this included.

good luck  on your continued journey.  But throwing up your food is not normal for most people and I hope you find something soon to help your digestion improve so that it (throwing up) is no longer normal for you.

posterboy,

Ennis-TX Grand Master
11 minutes ago, Posterboy said:

Ennis_Tx,

Most people don't start with high enough dose to get over the acid rebound wall that makes it feel 10x worse.

In the gastric re-acidfication study they used 1500mg which would be at least 3 capsule of 650mgs at one time and maybe 4 to be extra sure you have enough stomach acid.

If are taking PPP's your stomach acid is not too high right now (because your body's ability is being blocked by the PPI's it is when you stop you get the acid rebound). and the feeling is 10x worse when you have a little stomach acid.

If you do continue to take them be aware they can cause kidney damage longer term.

PPI's are hard to get off of once you have started.

I get that . .. nobody said it would be easy.  Nothing that is worth it rarely ever is but I would try and get off of them if I could.

But taking more is better here not less.

***** this is not medical advice but I think if you try about 3 or 4 at one time it will 3x to 4x better than just taking one at a time.

Here is the link where they say one betaine hcl capsule is not enough to reacidify the stomach.

Betainehcl is used in pediatric patients in much higher doses with very little side effects so it can be taken in much higher doses with minimum risk.

see this link where high supplemental amount of betainehcl is use to treat homocystinuria because adults and children alike cant' absorb their B-Vitamins well without a strong stomach acid.

I saw somewhere but cant' find the source that said 1,800 to 2,400mg is normal for the stomach to produce that much for each meal  but I am not sure that if that is right or not. . . but it seems plausible if 3g 2/day was used to treat homocystinuria in adults and children.

I don't doubt you had high stomach once but confusing the acid rebound from stopping PPI's or not taking enough betaincechcl at one time can feel very similar.

But if the stomach's pyloric valve is not emptying (and you are possibly throwing up because of it) and eating more fat makes it worse then it seems to me that there is not enough stomach acid yet to trigger the pyloric valve to open (and taking PPI's in my mind guarantees that fact) blocking any acid the body is producing.  But until you take enough betainehcl replace an equal amount of stomach acid the PPI's are blocking  the body from producing you will never be able to get off the PPI's.

I have no doubt you once had high stomach acid but you shouldn't still being having high stomach acid problems why you are taking the PPI's.  It just seems logical to mee that this is happening because the PPI's have made/blocked your stomach acid to the point you can no longer digest your food (fat's especially) and possibly even gluten if the below research is correct.

Celiac.com actually reported research to this effect.

https://www.celiac.com/articles/23432/1/Do-Proton-Pump-Inhibitors-Increase-Risk-of-Celiac-Disease/Page1.html

Taking PPI's they (researchers say) could lead to a Celiac diagnosis.

quoting

"The data clearly show that patients who use anti-secretory medications are at much greater risk for developing celiac disease following the use of these medicines.

The fact that this connection persisted even after the team excluded prescriptions for anti-secretory medicines in the year preceding the celiac disease diagnosis suggests a causal relationship."

I know about 4 betainehcl capsules helped my digestive issues and I hope it will help yours' too and if it doesn't maybe it will help someone else who might read this.  go up or down accordingly till your gastric tolerance is reached (a warm pleasant feeling) that corresponds with improved digestion.

Also to be sure to take them (the betainehcle capsules) with plenty of water.  At least  a glass or two because water drives the process.  Watermelon works well if water is not available or you don't trust your local water companies water.

***this is not medical advice only my own personal experience and study.

I hope this is helpful.

2 Timothy 2: 7 “Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things” this included.

good luck  on your continued journey.  But throwing up your food is not normal for most people and I hope you find something soon to help your digestion improve so that it (throwing up) is no longer normal for you.

posterboy,

PM sent on this, lets keep this out of the public view.

NOW if you have a magical pill for gastric emptying, on command, a better set of enzymes to help with VERY high protein and fat break downs like what I found is working then help out but the PPI thing is off the table.

The issue is solved doubling digestive enzymes broad spectrum and taking bromelain fixed it with a 2x recommended dose

Posterboy Mentor

Ennis_Tx,

You might also try Papaya extract.

It is has been reported to have good digestive properties.

Here is a livestrong article on it.

Solary has a combined product has both the Pineapple extract (bromelain) and the Papya extract combined in it.

I have taken the liberty to research it on the vitmaminshope page.

It is very reasonable priced and might be  worth adding to your regimen.

I find I my body does not do well with a multivitamin having to take each vitamin separately but a multienzyme product makes sense to me.

The one reviewer raved about it  but they said to be sure to chew it to increase surface area presumably and improve the enzymatic reaction potential and usually why our stomach churns itself over to increase surface area (and why chewing our food  properly is important) kind of like a dryer tumbles your clothes dry by exposing more surface area to the heating action.

You can find papaya extract by itself or go for the combo of using a mutlienzyme product like the solary papayaplex listed above.

again I hope this is hopeful.  and if it helps tell/share your experience with others.  Other people might benefit from trying it too if it helps you.

posterboy,

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ennis-TX Grand Master
9 hours ago, Posterboy said:

Ennis_Tx,

You might also try Papaya extract.

It is has been reported to have good digestive properties.

Here is a livestrong article on it.

Solary has a combined product has both the Pineapple extract (bromelain) and the Papya extract combined in it.

I have taken the liberty to research it on the vitmaminshope page.

It is very reasonable priced and might be  worth adding to your regimen.

I find I my body does not do well with a multivitamin having to take each vitamin separately but a multienzyme product makes sense to me.

The one reviewer raved about it  but they said to be sure to chew it to increase surface area presumably and improve the enzymatic reaction potential and usually why our stomach churns itself over to increase surface area (and why chewing our food  properly is important) kind of like a dryer tumbles your clothes dry by exposing more surface area to the heating action.

You can find papaya extract by itself or go for the combo of using a mutlienzyme product like the solary papayaplex listed above.

again I hope this is hopeful.  and if it helps tell/share your experience with others.  Other people might benefit from trying it too if it helps you.

posterboy,

AH this is what I was looking for, bit nostalgic, my grandma used to give me papaya spears when my stomach acted up as a little kid saying it would help my tummy. Well I can't eat the fruit but the enzymes is a great idea. I forgot to check and see if pineapple and papaya enzymes were different. Will look into this when I get more enzymes, oh and yes I chew the jarrow bromelain ones.

BTW DO NOT GET THE SOLARAY brand ones. they contain wheat.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61kYB%2B6r4hL._SL1000_.webp

I found these free of gluten, soy ,dairy etc. and contain a good range of enzymes I will be trying them in a few weeks looks great and can vary the dose.

Posterboy Mentor

Ennis_TX,

Good catch.  Google has got me again.

I was just trying to find one supplement that had both of them in it.

I usually buy the Vitamin shope on price and they are good usually to have a clearly worded "Free of" statement but I looked on their site again for reference and it said free of / no wheat NOT gluten.

I wish they wouldn't do that.  I usually catch that. . . . sorry and thanks for pointing it so other's don't make the same mistake.

I just didn't want it to seem I was promoting the VS brand even though I buy them often out of convenience.  So Solary was the first one that caught my eye that had both bromelain and papain in it.

again thanks for catching that for anyone else who might read this thread and might make the same mistake.

Why say  anything is free of "does not contain" wheat when it is not gluten free is beyond me.

I know some people have an allergy  to wheat but it sure messes us up who are looking for not just wheat free but gluten free sometimes.

I hope the puritans pride works out for you.

posterboy,

Posterboy Mentor

Ennis_Tx,

If at first you don't succeed try, try again.

First I tend to be long winded from our discussions I begin to ask myself if it is not acid reflux then what are you refluxing.

I had a friend who had similar conditions mainly puking back up and unintended weight loss and this explains exactly what she said she had and I didn't put two and two together.  . . . no I couldn't help her either and I doubt it will help you but once you know what you have (if indeed it is what you have) then you can begin to get better I think.

think about when you/we got our celiac diagnose then we begin to get better.

Bile Relux this nytimes article explains how the symptom's are similar and how they can be confused often for each other.

quoting from the article

"Symptoms and Causes

Both acid reflux and bile reflux may afflict the same person, which can make diagnosis a challenge. But the stomach inflammation that results from bile reflux often causes a burning or gnawing pain in the upper abdomen that is not felt with acid reflux, according to experts at the Mayo Clinic. Other symptoms of bile reflux may include frequent heartburn (the main symptom of acid reflux), nausea, Open Original Shared Link bile, sometimes a Open Original Shared Link or hoarseness and unintended weight loss."

They can be similar in the way both conditions present and why I keep saying it has to be acid reflux but acid reflux doesn't produce (typically) the unintended weight loss (usually) the way bile reflux does.

Having said that treatment can be elusive.

I wanted to provide you with that list of digestive enzyme/ digestive aid (home remedy) herbs that might could help.

see this link that list several different herbal base treatments that people often use to treat their bile reflux.

I think you said you drink teas through the day so you might try this herbal recipe I found on medhlep about people treating their selves with their own homemade teas.

many of these herbs are listed in the homenaturalcures homeremedy list too.

by user looy56

"Thank you for the information. I make my own tea. Chamomile flowers, slippery elm, marshmallow root. Wow does that help. Learned it from the web site  Helium by Frank Will all on Bile Reflux. My boyfriend does herbs all the time.  i drink my tea all the time. it also relaxes you. Loony 56"

Here is the medhelp discussion thread that talks in more details if you want to try some of the same home remedies

here is a 2nd medhelp thread that follows other ways people helped them selves with their bile reflux.

maybe some of their experience will help you with the problems you are dealing with.

the tea method sound like it might be easiest to incorporate into your daily routine.

**** this is not medical advice. 

Sorry I went down the acid reflux lane.  they look a lot alike.

I hope this is helpful.

posterboy,

• 5 weeks later...
Posterboy Mentor

This is for Anyone Struggling Bile Reflux,

I said in another post (soo a not to make it too long) that I would post this here (a fellow sufferer's)  experience with what he did to help his bile reflux.

I hope it helps someone.

Note: he mention toast to soak up the bile in this post (obviously it should be a gluten free bread)

see the sickboy1 posts.

I will copy/extract out two of his comments for those who might not want to read (or have time to read) the whole thread

Sickboy1

I have a cure that worked for me, bile relux has been plaguing me for 5 years and i had been getting misdiagnosed with acid reflux, until i started getting the severe esophageal pains that you described, so i went to 100% acid neutralization and was still getting the esophageal spasms/cramping, thats how i knew it was never acid reflux, i also had the abdominal buring, hydrochloric acid can not cause this, only bile can cause this burning sensation in the stomach, i also had the other clear bile reflux symptoms but doctors did not pick up on any of them? What a joke!! I eventually got a 24 hr pH test which clearly showed non acidic liquids jumping up from my stomach, contrary to what people think, bile acid is actually alkaline.

What you need to do is realise that any acid blocking medication is making the problem worse, due to "Delayed gastric emptying", PPI are also known to aggrevate symptoms and cause attacks to be more frequent although not as severe. When i realised what i had to do to cure myself i panicked, i thought if i stop taking acid blockers i will be in agony within 12 hours, and i was right, i had intense esophageal pains that lasted 8 hours all through the night, i only ate dry toast and sipped water in between for 1 day, that night i slept with stomach pains and burning, the next morning, my condition was 10 times better, the burning had gone and my esophagus was breathing a sigh of relief.

Its so simple when you think of it, bile is getting into the stomach! solution is to stop it getting into the stomach and to stop bile production, you do not need meds to do this just some bravado.

How does this work? when we first went to the doctors are condition was not as bad as it is now, am i correct? We had bile in the stomach, our pyloric valve was weak, we had burning sensation, so we got put on acid blockers, they cause delayed gastric emptying which causes excess gas, and high pressure fat destruction dilates the stomach valves making the problem worse, allowing more bile in and alows it to damage the stomach for longer, delayed gastric emptying causes back flow and hey presto the bile goes into your esophagus and causes severe damage, this problem spirals downwards and the condition gets worse over time and causes additional problems. When we first got the problems, we probably were not looking after ourselves as we should fatty foods? late night snacks? overeating? If all we had done back then is changed our eating habits and lifestyle instead of going to the doctors we would have been cured years ago, in fact the problems would have gone in 24 hours.
So this is how it works, which is all the opposites to the above, the problem causers, we need to improve digestion and gastric emptying, to do this we need to stop the acid blockers or any acid neutralizing drugs, we need to eat non fat non dairy products, small ammounts regular, the gall bladder reduces the ammount of bile produced, this meansevery time that stomach valve opens to empty, it takes the bile into the intestines with it, in the meantime the bread soaks up all excess stoch acids and bile like a sponge and stops it splashing up to the esophagus, hence why you should not drink until you feel your stomach empty, you do not want fluids splashing around.
Imagine your valve is a door, imagine you are bile, you are on one side and every time that door opens you tries to run through, but when it opens a 1000 people on the other side coming running through the door in the opposite direction, your going to have getting through arent you, the doors is slightly ajar, so you sneak through and 1000 people are all stood still, so you make your way through the crowd, before you can get through the crowd surge's forward and drags you back to the other side of the door and down the street, lol.
I can laugh about it now because it is all so simple, i spent years in agony and depression, get through that 24 hours and you come cback and tell me you do not feel 10 times better, the day after you will feel like the illness never happened, whenever you get a bit of reflux, eat dry toast and it will work 10 times better than any acid blocker did.
Gradually build up your diet, rice and fish, fresh vegeatbles,the odd banana, sleep elevated to combat reflux, because no doubt you have lower esophageal impedence and you will find a new lease of life, forget drugs, the only thing that might help is Bile diversion surgery, but why even have that when it is so easy to self heal.
Because you stomach acids will be back to normal level and food is being broken down properly to release nutrients you will also get all your energy back, because of the new healthy diet you will probably live longer and happier life.
Natural things are always best, get plenty of excercise once you get your energy back, your stomach will empty even faster and your body will get even stronger and so on, just build on it and appreciate you got a second chance.
Jul 14, 2009

and his second post explaining/summarizing his first

sickboy1
Sorry, i should summarize.
The Problem
The problems is bile getting into the stomach.
The catalyst is delayed gastric emptying, causing backflow of acids into the esophagus
The cause of delayed gastric emptying is acid blockers, low stomach levels.

The Treatment(so simple it blows the mind)
Speed up gastric emptying by stop taking acid blockers or any other medication and by eating small meals regular.
Do not eat foods that will promote the production of bile.

The Result
You are cured, you have broken out of the viscious cycle and are in the recovery process, every time bile comes into the stomach it gets flushed back down into the intestines before it can do any damage.
Long term your body gets stronger to the point where you actually cure the problem completely, the lower esophageal sphincter recovers from the constant bombardment and gets its strength back,reducing reflux symptoms, stomach muscles start to contract strong again, nutrients, vitamins, proteins and calcium get released from the food and absorbed, due to the stomach acids being at the correct level again and everything just starts spiralling back up.

The Conclusion

If you do not break the viscious cycle you will be plagued by this for the rest of your life, everything you try to do and every medication you take will cause other health problems and make symptoms worse.

I hope this is helpful to the next reader/sufferer.

posterboy,

Archived