• Ads by Google:
     




    Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

    Ads by Google:



       Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

  • Announcements

    • admin

      Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

      This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

So happy- got the ft job!
1 1

12 posts in this topic

After a ton of job interviews, I got a great job offer this morning! Will be working full time at a public elementary school! Perfect job, lovely principal, very supportive sounding. Job starts in late august so only a bit more of working pt. Not that I don't love what I'm doing now- I'm a support professional helping a woman with disabilities- but the pay is putrid. Not nearly enough to live on! Hooray!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:


Congrats!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news. Full time jobs can be hard to come by now-a-days. Good luck.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Way to go!  Working with the kiddies........that could be very fun. I hope it all works out and is a perfect fit!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2017 at 11:45 AM, Victoria1234 said:

After a ton of job interviews, I got a great job offer this morning! Will be working full time at a public elementary school! Perfect job, lovely principal, very supportive sounding. Job starts in late august so only a bit more of working pt. Not that I don't love what I'm doing now- I'm a support professional helping a woman with disabilities- but the pay is putrid. Not nearly enough to live on! Hooray!

Congrats!  So happy for you.  😊

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ads by Google:


Thank you everyone. Teaching art is my passion. So happy to be able to do it again,

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Victoria1234 said:

Thank you everyone. Teaching art is my passion. So happy to be able to do it again,

So, are you an artist?  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




8 minutes ago, kareng said:

So, are you an artist?  

 

8 minutes ago, kareng said:

So, are you an artist?  

Yes! I was born to two artists who were both halves of the art dept at the university we lived next to. So I was brought up with art and teaching 24-7. When I was in school I was always doing the teachers' bulletin boards and drawing posters for them. It was natural to follow in my parents footsteps. Been making art my whole life, and teaching almost every year since grad school. Even married another artist. I've taught art in public school 22 years, college 4 years and private 1 year. Left teaching for 3 years when my mom died out of the blue and my elderly disabled father needed me to help him out until he died. It's been a struggle get back in, as last year was just the part time at the private (which pays very little.) I'm so happy to be back in the public schools. Thanks for asking!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Victoria1234 said:

 

Yes! I was born to two artists who were both halves of the art dept at the university we lived next to. So I was brought up with art and teaching 24-7. When I was in school I was always doing the teachers' bulletin boards and drawing posters for them. It was natural to follow in my parents footsteps. Been making art my whole life, and teaching almost every year since grad school. Even married another artist. I've taught art in public school 22 years, college 4 years and private 1 year. Left teaching for 3 years when my mom died out of the blue and my elderly disabled father needed me to help him out until he died. It's been a struggle get back in, as last year was just the part time at the private (which pays very little.) I'm so happy to be back in the public schools. Thanks for asking!

That's great!  Do you mind my asking about your art?  I love art!  Are you a painter?  What do you like to make?

i am not an artist....I am an art dabbler.  I am starting a project to make a fish in the Calder style.  Sort of like my profile pic.  A bit frustrating but fun.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kareng said:

That's great!  Do you mind my asking about your art?  I love art!  Are you a painter?  What do you like to make?

i am not an artist....I am an art dabbler.  I am starting a project to make a fish in the Calder style.  Sort of like my profile pic.  A bit frustrating but fun.  

I love Calder....I've made mobiles in his style and it's so much fun! What media are you going to use? Construction paper stabiles are fun to make with kids. I remember as a kid, one time in a museum I blew on a part of a stabile to make it move... the guard comes rushing up to tell me not to, of course. And I'm thinking " Didn't Calder make it so it would catch wind and move? Wouldn't he be happy to see the part that's meant to move, move? " Have you been to the east wing in D.C.?

So I love to draw and paint and make jewelry, but my specialty is ceramics. Ceramic sculpture and mosaics in particular. I've made over a dozen large scale mosaics for the schools I've taught at. The largest one was 16 feet wide and 8 feet tall! Actually whatever I'm working on at the time is my favorite thing to do :) 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




9 minutes ago, Victoria1234 said:

I love Calder....I've made mobiles in his style and it's so much fun! What media are you going to use? Construction paper stabiles are fun to make with kids. I remember as a kid, one time in a museum I blew on a part of a stabile to make it move... the guard comes rushing up to tell me not to, of course. And I'm thinking " Didn't Calder make it so it would catch wind and move? Wouldn't he be happy to see the part that's meant to move, move? " Have you been to the east wing in D.C.?

So I love to draw and paint and make jewelry, but my specialty is ceramics. Ceramic sculpture and mosaics in particular. I've made over a dozen large scale mosaics for the schools I've taught at. The largest one was 16 feet wide and 8 feet tall! Actually whatever I'm working on at the time is my favorite thing to do :) 

 

If you ever want to spend the summer at the lake, I have a great concrete wall to mosaic!

i am trying to make the fish with copper tubing for the outside, wire to make the guts.  I have lots of stained glass and costume jewelry and other " stuff".  This one is  my experiment one using some old copper tubing that was left with the house.  I may try to paint it like Calder.  Not sure for my first try.  Trying to get the twisted tubing straight and flat was a chore.  I think I need to solder it or weld it - both of which I didn't bring with me to the lake, of course!

i fell in love with the Calder fish at the Hirshhorn in DC about 30 years ago when we lived there.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kareng said:

If you ever want to spend the summer at the lake, I have a great concrete wall to mosaic!

i am trying to make the fish with copper tubing for the outside, wire to make the guts.  I have lots of stained glass and costume jewelry and other " stuff".  This one is  my experiment one using some old copper tubing that was left with the house.  I may try to paint it like Calder.  Not sure for my first try.  Trying to get the twisted tubing straight and flat was a chore.  I think I need to solder it or weld it - both of which I didn't bring with me to the lake, of course!

i fell in love with the Calder fish at the Hirshhorn in DC about 30 years ago when we lived there.  

Gee, you didn't bring your oxyacetylene torch with you?

sounds like a great project. I love the hirshorne. Last time I was there was prolly 14 years ago when I held my middle son as a baby in front of a jasper john and took his pic. His name is jasper :) Their sculpture garden is the best, Rodin being my favorite.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
1 1