This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

3l3mn8r

3l3mn8r Newbie

Recently, over the past few years I have had to take some steroids to control what has yet to be diagnosed as dermatitis or psoriasis, test results coming soon from biopsy.  Also recently i have been diagnosed with diverticulitis.  I have always had issues with stomach, pain, IBS, diarrhea, and heightened levels of anxiety and panic attacks.  I am wondering if there is a connection with Gluten intolerance.  Has anyone had any experience with anxiety and Celiac.  Profuse sweating on palms, under arms and groin areas.  With these i have also just started getting yeast/fungal infections in groin area, psoriasis/dermatitis on scalp, folds between buttocks and scrotum.  Thinking all these symptoms are pointing to Celiac, any ideas or info is greatly appreciated. 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

5143Betty Rookie

I have not been diagnosed celiac, but I can tell you that after going gluten free 8 months ago, my panic attacks have diminished about 80%. I have psoriasis and haven't had an outbreak since.  You have to keep eating gluten in order to be tested so keep that in mind. Good luck, you are definitely not alone here.

squirmingitch Veteran

Where did the term take the biopsy from? On a lesion or on clear skin adjacent to a lesion?

Anxiety is super common with untreated celiac. All the GI things you named are common with celiac.

BTW, you need to be eating gluten everyday for testing for celiac. That includes the dh biopsy, the blood tests & the endoscopy.

Victoria1234 Experienced

If you are currently on steroids, and have been on them for awhile, they may influence your testing towards the negative on your celiac blood testing. Not sure if it would effect you possible dh testing or not.  How did they biopsy your rash? 

squirmingitch Veteran
4 hours ago, Victoria1234 said:

If you are currently on steroids, and have been on them for awhile, they may influence your testing towards the negative on your celiac blood testing. Not sure if it would effect you possible dh testing or not.  How did they biopsy your rash? 

Yes, the steroids can return false negatives on the rash biopsy also.

3l3mn8r Newbie
17 hours ago, Victoria1234 said:

I have been taking the steroid .25mg (ketosomething) to reduce the rashes but have been off them for a couple weeks now (rashes come back after two weeks of ending treatment). Just taking the Nystatin (no effect, just want to appease doctors orders) at this point.  The biopsy will take place on the 24th of this month and my colonoscopy will take place September 1 Gastroenterologist is very familiar with Celiac.  i have decided to just keep eating the Gluten foods until all tests are done.  I will of course update dermatologist of what i have researched and hope she is familiar with the correct procedures for testing.  Thank you all for the information. 

Victoria1234 Experienced
1 hour ago, 3l3mn8r said:

I have been taking the steroid .25mg (ketosomething) to reduce the rashes but have been off them for a couple weeks now (rashes come back after two weeks of ending treatment). Just taking the Nystatin (no effect, just want to appease doctors orders) at this point.  The biopsy will take place on the 24th of this month and my colonoscopy will take place September 1 Gastroenterologist is very familiar with Celiac.  i have decided to just keep eating the Gluten foods until all tests are done.  I will of course update dermatologist of what i have researched and hope she is familiar with the correct procedures for testing.  Thank you all for the information. 

Make sure they biopsy on clear skin next to the rash for the dh possibility. Mine didn't go away with anything at all- my dumb drm didn't know about dapsone- so I suffered at least a year into the gluten-free diet.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived