This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Brazilian cheese bread (rolls)

Victoria1234

Victoria1234 Experienced

Amazing and delicious....

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ennis-TX Grand Master

Could just  use my recipe with real cheese......the starches and crap in these makes me cringe lol. NO means to down play they are probably great fresh, but tapioca based breads have some down sides with texture, and reheating, Unsure if the cheese in them would offset the texture issue like it does in my breads. Also the dairy, and sugar issues with this and the lack of nutritional properties.

On a side note I did some experimenting with my recipe on the garlic and cheddar breads, you can replaces the apple sauce with with a egg. Makes them more fluffy when they cook.

kareng Grand Master

Tapioca is what is in the traditional Brazilian Cheese bread.  There are different recipes but they are yummy! Chebe mixes are basically a Brazilian cheese bread.  There are a couple of great frozen ones, too - just heat up.  I have found them at Sprouts and Costco.  

There is nothing evil about tapioca - it isn't even considered a grain.

ravenwoodglass Mentor
5 hours ago, kareng said:

Tapioca is what is in the traditional Brazilian Cheese bread.  There are different recipes but they are yummy! Chebe mixes are basically a Brazilian cheese bread.  There are a couple of great frozen ones, too - just heat up.  I have found them at Sprouts and Costco.  

There is nothing evil about tapioca - it isn't even considered a grain.

My favorite bread is from Grainless Baker and is tapioca based. They make a great french bread style loaf.  I find it is the only bread that improves with microwaving from frozen. Makes a great cheeseburger sub. I used Chebe bread a lot at diagnosis. Lots of good additions to the basic mix. For rolls I would use a leavening agent, can't remember if I usd baking soda or powder, when I would make rolls. That seemed to improve the texture but anything was better than the styrofoam loaf that was the only ready made bread all those years ago.

• 1 month later...
mbrookes Community Regular

My teenaged grand daughters (not gluten free) actually request Chebe rolls when I feed them. They love them, as I do. Totally easy and can be made ahead and frozen. That way, I can just take out what I need and keep the rest on hand. 

Hellosweetie Rookie

These are amazing I highly recommend them! My familiy is brazilian so we make these all the time. I bring them to all family functions and parties and they are gone within minutes. They don't reheat very well I usually eat them the day we make them but they are ok the next morning if you put them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Also, if you take the batter you can make waffles out of it which are also delicious.

Victoria1234 Experienced
41 minutes ago, Hellosweetie said:

These are amazing I highly recommend them! My familiy is brazilian so we make these all the time. I bring them to all family functions and parties and they are gone within minutes. They don't reheat very well I usually eat them the day we make them but they are ok the next morning if you put them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Also, if you take the batter you can make waffles out of it which are also delicious.

Thanks for the tips! My dh makes them for me about 2x a month :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Hellosweetie Rookie
1 hour ago, Victoria1234 said:

Thanks for the tips! My dh makes them for me about 2x a month :)

You're welcome, Ohh and I forgot I usually use parmesan cheese and shredded mozzarella but the traditional recipe would call for grated parmesan. Yum 2 times a month is a great treat!

Archived