This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Optimum Nutrition Weight Gainer Glutten Free? Gold Standard Gainer

Supraman

Supraman Newbie

Hi all,

Tried looking around for the product stated in the title, if it's glutten free. I tried reaching out to the company but no responses. I'm used to drinking serious mass as a weight gainer, but now that I maybe diagnosed with celiac, I'm trying to find the best alternative to a weight gainer.. I attached a picture of the label. It seems to be glutten free, but it says may contain wheat, which I believe is probably because they use the same machines to make products that do contain glutten.

Thanks.

image.png

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Victoria1234 Experienced

I see 2 issues. One, oat flour, and the second being milk. Many of us cannot have non certified gluten-free oats (and some can't even have that.) and oftentimes, people newly diagnosed can't have milk protein. Not all but many for the first 6 months or so.

so you might be diagnosed or are diagnosed? Lol. If you have any tests to decipher let us know.

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Welcome. The oat flour is a no go since it doesn't specify that it is certified gluten free. Newly diagnosed celiacs should avoid even certified oats until well healed as some of us will react to them. You may also want to avoid dairy for a bit if your GI distress is agravated by it. You may well be able to add it back in after you have healed. If you are not done with testing do be sure to keep eating gluten until finished.

Have to ask if you have a Supra.  Out of all my cars my '82 will always be my favorite. Boy could that thing move.

Ennis-TX Grand Master

I body build myself, look into Nutra Key the V-pro vegan one is a good blend, MRM has various ones I use the Veggie elite from that. I also use various other proteins and bars from Julian Bakery (love julian keto options for gluten-free breads) and Jarrow. I use the ketogenic diet approach and eat a ton of fats, very low to no carbs, and over 250g of protein a day. I also avoid dairy, soy, and several other things I have intolerance to. I focus on proteins high in zinc for recovery like Oregon Seed Company Pumpkin Protein, and MRM or Julian Sacha Inchi Proteins.   Jarrow Hemp and plant formulas are also nice on rotation to mix it up.

Archived