• Ads by Google:
     




    Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

    Ads by Google:



       Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

  • Announcements

    • admin

      Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

      This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes

Artists gluten-free paint for window holiday art suggestion?
2 2

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi talented celiacs,

Do you have a tempura, acrylic, window paint suggestions to decorate glass that is gluten-free? My pre teen daughter is drawing beautiful Halloween theme pics on loose leaf in the home. I would love to feature her art on the glass  Windows of the home this season-mural like. Do you have a suggestion of paint I buy from Joannes, michaels,target, or walmart that is gluten-free? My son and I don't need any triggering as we are still healing and sensitive.

Is it acrylic? Tempura ?  How does it clean up? She paints inside ?

I have no experience in art and want to buy something to surprise her with the request/offer?

Thanks for your knowledge and assistance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:


There is special transparent paint that you can get for glass. You should be able to find it in a good craft or hobby store.  If you use that the window can be enjoyed from both sides. You could also use acrylic paint. That would not be transparent.  I avoid Tempra and poster type paints.

You could also use clear plastic and markers. If you did that they could be used every year and added to as time goes by.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At school I've always used liquitex acrylic. Cleans up with water if you clean it immediately. And yes, paint inside.

make sure to share pictures!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ravenwoodglass said:

There is special transparent paint that you can get for glass. You should be able to find it in a good craft or hobby store.  If you use that the window can be enjoyed from both sides. You could also use acrylic paint. That would not be transparent.  I avoid Tempra and poster type paints.

You could also use clear plastic and markers. If you did that they could be used every year and added to as time goes by.

That sounds like what I had in mind the transparent paint. I've never bought it , but I wanted to make sure you others use it since I'm clueless. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Victoria1234 said:

At school I've always used liquitex acrylic. Cleans up with water if you clean it immediately. And yes, paint inside.

make sure to share pictures!

Oh great is this available retail ? Or just educational supply stores? Thanks. I knew you members had my answer. 

I hope to have some pictures for Halloween .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ads by Google:


28 minutes ago, Awol cast iron stomach said:

Oh great is this available retail ? Or just educational supply stores? Thanks. I knew you members had my answer. 

I hope to have some pictures for Halloween .

Liquitex acrylic is basically the best, widest used and sold acrylic so you should be able to find it ok.  I've also used the acrylic available in little squeeze bottles from Michaels... Plaid brand I think? Ive never used a transparent paint except one I got for a stained glass like project about 10 years ago, but I didn't care for it compared to a decent acrylic. They probably make better stuff these days though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Awol cast iron stomach said:

Hi talented celiacs,

Do you have a tempura, acrylic, window paint suggestions to decorate glass that is gluten-free? My pre teen daughter is drawing beautiful Halloween theme pics on loose leaf in the home. I would love to feature her art on the glass  Windows of the home this season-mural like. Do you have a suggestion of paint I buy from Joannes, michaels,target, or walmart that is gluten-free? My son and I don't need any triggering as we are still healing and sensitive.

Is it acrylic? Tempura ?  How does it clean up? She paints inside ?

I have no experience in art and want to buy something to surprise her with the request/offer?

Thanks for your knowledge and assistance.

When does it matter if its gluten-free? ( likely is)  but she isn't eating it. She isn't 2 and put her fingers and paint brush in her mouth.  Are you or your son going to lick the glass?  Of course not. 

 

Any paint can be be scraped off glass with a razor blade.  Some people use dry erase markers

Edited by kareng

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Ads by Google:


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

2 2

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      108,146
    • Total Posts
      939,913
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      66,133
    • Most Online
      3,093

    Newest Member
    Whhyyy
    Joined
  • Popular Now

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Sometimes when those chilly winds begin to blow, and the temperatures fall, the days get visibly shorter, what we need and what we want is comfort food. Well, look no further than this simple, easy twist on scalloped potatoes. A little ham and a bit of cheese work wonders to turn that old favorite into a meal all its own. View the full article
    • Good luck with the holistic doc. I saw a naturopath for months who set me on a good path until I couldn't afford all the supplements anymore. Be careful with that. I found nothing helped me more than decent whole food and good quality vitamins. And of course sleep and lots of water!
    • Kirsty, do you have copies of the blood tests & biopsy reports? If not, get them. It's always a good idea to get copies of tests so you can refer to them later. If you have them or get them, you could post them here. It makes a difference whether you were given the full celiac panel and how many biopsies were taken from what portion of the small intestine. Also, why did you have a biopsy? Did the doc suspect celiac? What was the reasoning for doing that? Honestly, a   lot of your symptoms when you stop gluten sound like gluten withdrawal. It's something most of us experienced. Use the search box here & put in gluten withdrawal. You get a ton of threads.
    • Keep eating the bread. Get your primary care doc to do a full celiac panel although I will mention that depending on your insurance, some require you to go to a GI to get the full panel. Here's the list: Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgA
      Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgG
      Anti-Endomysial (EMA) IgA
      Anti-Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA
      Deamidated Gliadin Peptide (DGP) IgA and IgG
      Total Serum IgA 
      Also can be termed this way: Endomysial Antibody IgA
      Tissue Transglutaminase IgA 
      GLIADIN IgG
      GLIADIN IgA
      Total Serum IgA 
      Deamidated Gliadin Peptide (DGP) IgA and IgG
    • I often get rapid heartbeat after meals that raise the blood sugar. But especially so after eating gluten, which is only once a day now. Sometimes I have days where it won’t get up or falls too fast, other days it gets and stays to high. In general, the more inflamed or stressed (usually from my cycle) I am, the more the blood sugar shoots up. Most important is that when I stop all gluten, it won’t get worse. I am asking a doctor for help. Endocrinologist did not take it seriously. I often have blood sugar problems without extreme values. The gastreneterologist did not think gluten was the thing to stop, but wanted me to try anti allergy medication, which made me more ill. Now I am going to see a holistic doctor, who is specialised in adrenals, female hormones and food issues. Maybe she can have a chat with my gastroenterologist. I need the backup of a doctor. Victoria, I am so glad you got over it. I don’t care if it takes a year. As long as the stomach and gut problems and itching subside. 
  • Upcoming Events