• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes

Rate this topic

I had gone pumpkin picking at my mother's house the past weekend all I had that morning was a cup of coffee and then when we got to the pumpkin patch I decided I wanted to have roasted corn. I wound up eating about 3 which was not good on my behalf, after the pumpkin picking we went home it was me and my children and my husband and I was fine for maybe about two and a half hours, then all of a sudden I got this horrible horrible abdominal pain it lasted all the way until the next morning which was Monday morning. Monday morning when I woke up I couldn't move at all I have been throwing up all night into Monday and Monday into Tuesday. I'm still not sure what's going on with me it is now Wednesday and I'm a little bit better but I still have this pain in my stomach I'm not sure if it was food poisoning or I just can't eat corn but I have eaten corn my whole life growing up usually out of the can or Frozen and never had a problem like this. If anybody has any advice to give me or if they know about this or had it happen to themselves please let me know because I really don't know what to do I can't take this pain anymore my head is pounding I'm afraid to eat anything. Thanks a lot

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

That sounds like food poisoning to me, since (1) corn has no gluten in it and (2) you have been eating corn fine your whole life. The only other alternative would have been if they used a coating or spices with gluten in it, but it seems unlikely to me for some reason. 

Hope you're feeling better. 

Sounds like food poisoning. Is this the same or similar reaction you get to CC?

Did any of your family have it too? Who cooked it? Did you ask them what they used to prepare it? Was it cooked on a grill alone or in the husk? What else was cooked at the same time?

Did you eat the corn right at the farm?  Was it removed from the husk and roasted or was it washed?  I cannot tolerate GMO corn and get very sick with ANY pesticides, especially Round Up.  Something to think about.

Are you the only one in your family that ate the corn? If others ate it and didn't get sick then that would likely rule out food poisoning. Was it roasted on a grill that may have had gluten foods cooked on it previously? Did they have lots of straw bales around for decoration or to sit on?  So many possibilities. I hope you feel better soon.

Ads by Google:

How about gluttony?  Three ears?  That much corn can be hard to digest for anyone, let alone a celiac with a damaged gut. 

I hope you feel better soon!