This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Headache

Jherm21

Jherm21 Community Regular

I normally ever get headaches by I've had one for the last week I know it's my allergies and sinuses I just need a temporary headache med that I'm just going to take once. I never take nsaids but am willing to if they are gluten free for this headache. Any advice on something. I'm in the US 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cristiana Veteran

Hi Jherm

I think some people on this board take nsaids but I find increasingly they make my stomach sore.   

It's difficult as I think nsaids used as anti-inflammatories aren't they and that would be useful in your circumstances I imagine.  I do have a friend who like me has had gastritis over the summer and her GP told her if she wants to take a nsaid she should take something to protect her stomach first - but then she has a sensitivity there, like me.

Personally one thing I do occasionally do which I find really helps take the pain away fast is having a couple of parcetamols and a cup of sugary coffee when I take them.  I think the caffeine speeds up the cure.  But then I read this  - so exercise caution (and by the way, I'm not implying you have a hangover! I don't even drink!!)

Open Original Shared Link

Anyone kbow if aleve or Advil is safe to take for gluten free?

Zodi1993 Apprentice

Advil is not Gluten Free because it is subject to cross contamination. 

According to the company, "Advil Liqui-Gels and Advil Migraine contain a wheatderivative, and are not gluten-free." It's not clear whether regular Advil and/or AdvilFilm-Coated products are produced in the same facility, which would subject them to gluten cross-contamination.Aug 31, 2017

cyclinglady Grand Master

If you think the cause if your headache is allergies, consider taking an antihistamine.  Try to solve the root cause instead of just relieving the symptom.  

Victoria1234 Experienced

I used to take sinutab for my sinus issues. 

Well im having additional pain wit the headache was just diagnosed with arthritis and have been suffering a while with it without taking anything.  So need something today.  Some days are worse than others. 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cyclinglady Grand Master

Hope you feel better soon.  I can not take any NSAIDS or acetaminophen because I am highly allergic.  So, I can not help you with brands, but someone else might.  Target often has OTC products that are clearly labeled gluten-free.  

icelandgirl Proficient

I try not to take a lot of ibuprofen as I know it's not great for my gut.  But, when I need it, I take Costco's Kirkland ibuprofen.  It is labelled gluten free and I have had no issues with it.

Awol cast iron stomach Experienced

I have corn and gluten issue this former post by bartfull

helped me locate bc aspirin for my son (same issues) after he had ortho work

I have not tried it personally As I  still avoiding most things

good luck

Archived