• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease?  Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes

Rate this topic

I normally ever get headaches by I've had one for the last week I know it's my allergies and sinuses I just need a temporary headache med that I'm just going to take once. I never take nsaids but am willing to if they are gluten free for this headache. Any advice on something. I'm in the US 

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Hi Jherm

I think some people on this board take nsaids but I find increasingly they make my stomach sore.   

It's difficult as I think nsaids used as anti-inflammatories aren't they and that would be useful in your circumstances I imagine.  I do have a friend who like me has had gastritis over the summer and her GP told her if she wants to take a nsaid she should take something to protect her stomach first - but then she has a sensitivity there, like me.

Personally one thing I do occasionally do which I find really helps take the pain away fast is having a couple of parcetamols and a cup of sugary coffee when I take them.  I think the caffeine speeds up the cure.  But then I read this  - so exercise caution (and by the way, I'm not implying you have a hangover! I don't even drink!!)

https://www.nhs.uk/news/medication/potential-dangers-in-hangover-cure/

Advil is not Gluten Free because it is subject to cross contamination. 

According to the company, "Advil Liqui-Gels and Advil Migraine contain a wheatderivative, and are not gluten-free." It's not clear whether regular Advil and/or AdvilFilm-Coated products are produced in the same facility, which would subject them to gluten cross-contamination.Aug 31, 2017

If you think the cause if your headache is allergies, consider taking an antihistamine.  Try to solve the root cause instead of just relieving the symptom.  

Ads by Google:

I used to take sinutab for my sinus issues. 

Well im having additional pain wit the headache was just diagnosed with arthritis and have been suffering a while with it without taking anything.  So need something today.  Some days are worse than others. 

Ads by Google:

Hope you feel better soon.  I can not take any NSAIDS or acetaminophen because I am highly allergic.  So, I can not help you with brands, but someone else might.  Target often has OTC products that are clearly labeled gluten-free.  

• Like 1

I try not to take a lot of ibuprofen as I know it's not great for my gut.  But, when I need it, I take Costco's Kirkland ibuprofen.  It is labelled gluten free and I have had no issues with it.

Edited by icelandgirl
Autocorrect hates me
  • Like 1

I have corn and gluten issue this former post by bartfull

helped me locate bc aspirin for my son (same issues) after he had ortho work

I have not tried it personally As I  still avoiding most things

good luck

Ads by Google: