• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease?  Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes

Rate this topic

Hi, I’m new here!  My daughter was diagnosed in August.  She loves making her yearly gingerbread house.  Does anyone know where to find a gluten free one?  She doesn’t eat the walls, but I’m not so sure she should be exposed to all that wheat. Any ideas?  

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

32 minutes ago, Audrey’s Mom said:

Hi, I’m new here!  My daughter was diagnosed in August.  She loves making her yearly gingerbread house.  Does anyone know where to find a gluten free one?  She doesn’t eat the walls, but I’m not so sure she should be exposed to all that wheat. Any ideas?  

I have not found any that are reasonable (a gluten-free kit is available on Amazon and they want  $50 ).  Either you make the GINGERBREAD walls from scratch (gluten free)  or just use cardboard as a base and “glue”  on gluten-free gram crackers or “stucco” (fondant)  with frosting or   We never eat the end product; however, the kids consume plenty of decorations while it is assembled.  I would not recommend handling a gluten gingerbread house.  It is too crumbly and the risk for cross contamination is great.  So, make a gluten free version or create a new holiday tradition.  

• Upvote 1

I found out how to make gluten free/grain free protein based gram crackers awhile back, and I cut them to shape before baking them. Tech you could use this method to preshape/make the sides and roof then stick it together with a icing. Alternatively you can try making one with gluten free gramcrackers from the store and icing. The powder I used has that deep nutty flavor, expensive at $49 for 2.5lbs or $79 for 5lb but you can make alot more then one house with it and gramcrackers I make with it are healthy protein treats low on carbs, >.< bit of a acquired taste but I love them.

2/3 (75g) Cup Sancha Inchi Protein https://julianbakery.com/…/pegan-protein-powder-sacha-inch…/ 
1 tbsp chia seeds
1-2tsp cinnamon
2tsp Erythritol/sugar of choice
1/4tsp pure monk fruit or uncut stevia
1/2 cup warm water
2tbsp coconut oil

1. Preheat oven to 375F with a Pizza stone or baking sheet in it.
2. Prepare a sheet of foil with a bit of oil on it
3. Whisk your dry ingredients til well incorporated, then add in your liquid and whisk well. then transition to a spatula to fold the dough a bit and dump onto the foil sheet.
4. Using wax paper over the top flatten out the dough into a even sheet, then thinner the crisper, thicker you get chewier. Then using the spatula or dough knife (nothing sharp) Make lines cutting the sheet into 1.5-2" squares. Or shapes/sizes of choice
5. Place the foil on top of the pizza stone/sheet in the oven and bake for about 20mins then turn off the oven open to check on it then shut it again and leave it in their to crisp up for 20-45mins.

• Upvote 1

Looks like Cycles beat me to it.  I was going to say use cardboard and frost it, add candies etc.  that's the fun part anyway.  

• Upvote 1

We are going to try to make our own this year, but I've seen some great gingerbread houses made out of graham crackers. There are plenty of gluten-free graham crackers out there--Pamela's are nice and sturdy for building! If you make your own, the nice thing is that you don't have to worry whether it tastes good.

https://www.happinessishomemade.net/make-graham-cracker-gingerbread-houses/

https://gfjules.com/recipes/gluten-free-gingerbread-house-how-to/

https://www.glutenfreebaking.com/how-to-make-a-gluten-free-gingerbread-house/

Ads by Google: