• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease?  Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes

Rate this topic

Are original or berry ricolas cough drops good to go? I didn't see the bag said anything about gluten-free and there were two ingredients that I was unsure about, the starch syrup and the Carmel flavoring. 

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

I have had three different flavors of Ricola cough drops this week with no problem other than a possible sugar headache from so many of them.  It could just be a sick headache though.  

5 hours ago, Estes said:

I have had three different flavors of Ricola cough drops this week with no problem other than a possible sugar headache from so many of them.  It could just be a sick headache though.  

Great so they are safe! Good because I bought a bag and jab been suffering with a sore throat so this will definitely soothe it. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jherm21 said:

I have a question about the starch syrup on the website. I just sucked on a ricola and am scared because I read this what does this mean.

http://www2.ricola.com/en-us/Meta/FAQ#faq12 

Wheat starch can be gluten-free.  The amount in a cough drop is very very small.  

Ads by Google:

So that means 20ppm or less for the cough drop? So it is safe? Does anyone know of any other cough drops?

Ads by Google:

ARE RICOLA PRODUCTS GLUTEN-FREE?

Ricola products are below the limits for gluten established by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Swiss Celiac Association and are therefore considered gluten free. The limits are a maximum of 20 mg gluten per kilogram (20 parts per million) of finished product. Product that is within this limit may be considered gluten-free by the FDA, and, suitable for celiac patients according to the Swiss Celiac Association. We urge you to share this information with your doctor or contact the Celiac Sprue Association of the USA @1-877-CSA-4CSA (1-877-272-4272).

Did you see this, it's on their page. :)

• Like 1