• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.
  • Celiac.com Sponsor:
    Celiac.com Sponsor:

Gluten Free Bakery?

8 posts in this topic

I'm new to this board and was wondering if anyone could recommend a mail order bakery that is dairy and gluten free? I eliminated both about 6 months ago in hopes of getting rid of some nasty chronic headaches, and it has helped tremendously. Now my birthday is coming up and I would like to have a cake without all of the work. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Thank you for the reply! Are there any sites that sell prebaked cakes (for those of us who are too lazy)? If not, does anyone have any suggestions for icing that is dairy/gluten free and a little more healthy than just pure sugar?

Hi All

For prebaked cakes, muffins, breads, tarts, cheesecake, cookies, brownies - gluten free go to MRRITTS.com It's in Philadelphia PA

They sell unfrosted cakes that you frost and assemble into a cake. Somewhat pricey with shipping. I've never had them, so I don't know if they taste good.

The "cake Blanks" are also lactose free.

They will be moving to Millville, NJ

Phone: 1-877-677-4887

Thanks for the info. the mr ritts site looks promising!

Ads by Google:

Michelle Fuller at Celiac Specialties in Chesterfield MI will ship birthday cake... you can get her varieties and a price listing at www.celiacspecialties.com

-amy

www.outsidethebreadbox.com

is a bakery in Colorado Sprongs, CO. They ship all over the US. They have all gluten free baked goods and a lot are are also casein free. I have ordered several things from them and they are good. I can understand the desire to avoid baking yourself (I have triplets and a very busy life, so baking is not something that is not easy to make time for). I have had good luck w/ mixes from the gluten free pantry that we get at Whole Foods. The brownies are REALLY good :D and the pizza crust is probably as good a substitute as you can get.

I hope you find some good stuff out there ! Let us know if you do !

Lorraine

You should give the guys at www.ricebread.net a try. I love their bread and my daughter loves their bread as well and she is a very picky eater.