• Join our community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease?  Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes
1 1
BrittanyM

Tingly feet?

Rate this topic

Hi guys,

I believe recently I glutened myself. Nothing with my stomach but my body just aches and my feet and hands have been tingling for about 2 weeks, is this normal? I read something called Peripheral Neuropathy? Seems to be the same symptoms I have. Will it go away though? It said it could take up to 4 weeks to go away! Can someone give me some answers?! Thanks :/ 

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

I had the same thing and while it can be that, mine was bc I was deficient in vitamins, talk with your Dr and get your vitamin levels checked.

Low levels of B12 can cause this. You may want to supplement with a sublingual B12 tablet.

Also, low iron and folic acid.  I think you should get your levels tested, supplementation can make a real difference if it is required. However - make sure it IS required by being tested, as overload of certain vitamins, minerals etc, can be dangerous and can cause symptoms.

As mentioned above it is probably a mixture of Peripheral Neuropathy  made worse by vitamin deficiencies, while others mentioned the common culprits of B-vitamins I found my major issue to be magnesium. You might want to consider supplementing, especially after a gluten exposure it can help. On magnesium it can depend on your symptoms and your body what form you need. If you have a BM less then once a day or find them hard then you need Magnesium Citrate like Natural Vitality Calm, start with 1/4 tsp a day and up it too the full dose or til you get loose stool (dose to tolerance). IF your BM is normal then go with a glycinate like Doctors Best and dose to the recommended dosing.
B-Vitamins I use Liquid Health combo of Stress & Energy and Neurological Support 1tbsp each 3 times a day. You can find all these on Lucky Vitamin.com and Amazon and just shop by pricing. If you need links I can get some for

• Like 1

Ads by Google:

54 minutes ago, Ennis_TX said:

As mentioned above it is probably a mixture of Peripheral Neuropathy  made worse by vitamin deficiencies, while others mentioned the common culprits of B-vitamins I found my major issue to be magnesium. You might want to consider supplementing, especially after a gluten exposure it can help. On magnesium it can depend on your symptoms and your body what form you need. If you have a BM less then once a day or find them hard then you need Magnesium Citrate like Natural Vitality Calm, start with 1/4 tsp a day and up it too the full dose or til you get loose stool (dose to tolerance). IF your BM is normal then go with a glycinate like Doctors Best and dose to the recommended dosing.
B-Vitamins I use Liquid Health combo of Stress & Energy and Neurological Support 1tbsp each 3 times a day. You can find all these on Lucky Vitamin.com and Amazon and just shop by pricing. If you need links I can get some for

Good point Ennis, magnesium is a wonder.  Also good for twitching muscles, as I have found.  

Is it okay to take b12 and magnesium without a blood panel, will it hurt if I take a few just to see if it works? 

Ads by Google:

1 hour ago, BrittanyM said:

Is it okay to take b12 and magnesium without a blood panel, will it hurt if I take a few just to see if it works? 

Not really, magnesium you dose to tolerance anyway, B-vitamins...you can not really OD on them at all, you body does not maintain them in your body, your always passing them in your urine. Most find they need up and above level B-vitamins. Everyone is different in what they need and how their body manages it. Start off with small dosing and bring it to where you feel better slowly. Try the ones I suggest.

They didnt have powder or liquid so i bought 1000mg of B-12 and 500mg of Magnesium, hope it works! I also have a blood panel scheduled. Thanks everyone! 

They didnt have powder or liquid so i bought 1000mg of B-12 and 500mg of Magnesium, hope it works! I also have a blood panel scheduled. Thanks everyone! 

Ads by Google:

Okay so i stopped the Magnesium, it was 500mg tablets that i took for 2 days and now I have diarrhea, I guess it was too much? I also read you could die from too much! So I’m stopping it immediately lol

37 minutes ago, BrittanyM said:

Okay so i stopped the Magnesium, it was 500mg tablets that i took for 2 days and now I have diarrhea, I guess it was too much? I also read you could die from too much! So I’m stopping it immediately lol

...yeah the stuff I suggested is like 325mg a full dose, why I said to get the powder you put in your drink. This way you can dose to what you need and why I said to start off with 1/4 tsp instead of the full on dose of 2tsp.
https://www.amazon.com/s/s/ref=sr_nr_p_89_0?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3ANatural+vitality%2Cp_89%3ANatural+Vitality&keywords=Natural+vitality&ie=UTF8&qid=1513364142&rnid=2528832011
or use this, it is hard to know if your getting enough as this one will not cause D and seems less effective to me but I still use it on rotation, seems much more relaxing

https://www.amazon.com/Doctors-Best-Absorption-Magnesium-Glycinate/dp/B016KO48Y8/ref=sr_1_8_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1513364227&sr=8-8&keywords=doctors%2Bbest%2Bmagnesium%2Bchelated&th=1
On the B-vitamins.....not just B-12 you need the whole spectrum many work together they also are best absorbed when consumed before a meal and make sure you eat some form of fats and veggies in the meal so you get the other nutrients for your body to use them. I use 1tbsp each 2-3times a day.
https://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-8435-liquid-health-energy-stress-tangerine-orange-flavored-32-oz
https://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-5291-liquid-health-neurologic-brain-health-supplement-pomegranate-berry-32-oz