This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Every Dessert Flavor gluten-free

Ennis-TX

Ennis-TX Grand Master

Well as many of you know  I run a bakery, and often do smoothies/porridge for myself and use extracts in both to recreate flavors. I have used Amorettis...hit and miss...they had one extract test positive for gluten. LorAnn Oils has been my constant go to, issue is their extracts are great in baking....no consistency in strength and no good in smoothies, or raw foods due to alcohol content.

This brings me to my newest find, I came across a company that provides all kinds of flavors in dropper bottles and larger. The flavors I have tested so far were dead on, and I have reviewed them. They are all allergen free, and gluten free, lab analysis are available for each one publicly for you to view. They contain minimal to no alcohol, they work great in raw foods, beverages, and baked goods.....they are easy to use 1drop to 1oz liquid about 1,5x that to a bake base from my testing,
They are SOO dead on from the ones I tried so far. I got the chocolate brownie one....it tasted like the old betty crocker hershey double fudge brownies from my child hood in a nut milk base...OMG in coffee. The Chocolate Glazed doughnut tasted like those cheap little frosted mini gas station doughnuts from my child hood, bit chemical but dead on like those cheap things. In a sweetened almond milk base....the cereal one...tasted like frosted corn flakes/corn pops...this might not mean much for most but I have been allergic to corn for years so this is amazing. I have a whole line up of testing to do, I might suggest doing what I did. get a bunch of the 13ml droppers and experiment. It is great to have those flavors back without any side effects.

I just had to share this after fan girling over this discovery and jumping up in down in my kitchen with tears of nostalgia....just glad no one videoed that lol . PS they have a less expensive silver line I have yet to check out. AND SHIP INTERNATIONAL
Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Victoria1234 Experienced
2 hours ago, Ennis_TX said:

Well as many of you know  I run a bakery, and often do smoothies/porridge for myself and use extracts in both to recreate flavors. I have used Amorettis...hit and miss...they had one extract test positive for gluten. LorAnn Oils has been my constant go to, issue is their extracts are great in baking....no consistency in strength and no good in smoothies, or raw foods due to alcohol content.

This brings me to my newest find, I came across a company that provides all kinds of flavors in dropper bottles and larger. The flavors I have tested so far were dead on, and I have reviewed them. They are all allergen free, and gluten free, lab analysis are available for each one publicly for you to view. They contain minimal to no alcohol, they work great in raw foods, beverages, and baked goods.....they are easy to use 1drop to 1oz liquid about 1,5x that to a bake base from my testing,
They are SOO dead on from the ones I tried so far. I got the chocolate brownie one....it tasted like the old betty crocker hershey double fudge brownies from my child hood in a nut milk base...OMG in coffee. The Chocolate Glazed doughnut tasted like those cheap little frosted mini gas station doughnuts from my child hood, bit chemical but dead on like those cheap things. In a sweetened almond milk base....the cereal one...tasted like frosted corn flakes/corn pops...this might not mean much for most but I have been allergic to corn for years so this is amazing. I have a whole line up of testing to do, I might suggest doing what I did. get a bunch of the 13ml droppers and experiment. It is great to have those flavors back without any side effects.

I just had to share this after fan girling over this discovery and jumping up in down in my kitchen with tears of nostalgia....just glad no one videoed that lol . PS they have a less expensive silver line I have yet to check out. AND SHIP INTERNATIONAL
Open Original Shared Link

Vanilla custard flavor from capella is a great base for lots of things.

• 1 month later...
LilyR Rising Star

Thanks so much for posting. I have been missing flavored coffees and will have to try some of these flavors.  Sounds like a great way to get some fun flavors back. I am excited for you since you are so limited in your diet.  So thankful for great tasting products that do not make us sick. 

• 1 month later...
Ennis-TX Grand Master

Figured I will be posting some reviews of them there
Apple Pie - (1-2 drops per oz of base)Not quite what I was expecting, it is lacking...I sorta expected a Dutch style apple pie flavor with the strudel flavor. But what I got was more of a fried apple pie flavor...sort of reminds me of a Mc Ds apple pie....but with more filling flavor and less pastry

Cake Batter - (1-2 drops per oz of base) This is a complex one, it is not quite cake batter missing that baking powder/baking soda tang, but it is close, make sure you sweeten appropriately but I think my expectations of a betty crocker white cake batter was a bit high.

Cantaloupe- (1 drop to oz of base) Well they got this one dead one, add a sweetener and this makes a great base, a mid strength one, and a good base.

Cereal 27- (1-2drops to oz of base)....OMG this is PERFECT like a cross between puff and corn flakes, I really love this in a porridge or shake, I am allergic to corn so this is huge for me.

Chocolate Fudge Brownie (1-2 drops to a oz of base) THIS is one of my favorites, sweetened right this is a exact knock off of my memory of brownies, but not any kind, recall those red boxed brownies that came with the Hershey syrup packet you mixed in with the mix and it made double fudge brownies....like the center gooy goodness of the middle square from a 8x8 pan of one of those.....I use this for chocolate extract in baked goods or add it in to a low acidc mellow coffee and it taste like someone disolved a brownie in the bottom of my mug.

Chocolate Glazed Doughnut - (1-2 drops to oz of base) OK this was odd, I expected the chocolate glazed doughnuts from my child hood from the family owned bakery.....Umm no but you get a DEAD on for those cheap little gas station doughnuts in the mini 6 pack rolls.....like dead on that cheap artifical chocolate coated mini doughnuts.....I was disappointed in my expectations but at the same time this hits a nostalgia for family trips and getting them in the morning.

Churro- (1 drop to oz of base) What can I say it is pretty accurate, like one of those cheap fried churros...I have not strong memories of them but it does taste like what I recall

Cinnamon Danish Swirl V2- (1 drop to 2oz of base starting) First this is a strong one, but it was met with mixed feelings, I was expecting a more hard tough pastry flavor with cream cinnamon strudel...I am in a Czech town and they more it more like a kolache here. But what I got was well pretty good. IT is more like a puff pastry, bit of a cream filling with cinnamon flavor....taste like one of those bear claws from the gas station down the street I used to get as a kid but it has a huge extra cinnamon kick to it. Quite good actually but start off with 1 drop to 2oz of base..this is a strong one.

Energy drink- (1-2 drops to a oz) I use this since I can not drink them anymore....it is like a cross really....like someone mixed a red bull and a monster...bit of child hood nostalgia/horror from those so it is mixed but a great kick back to what I can not drink anymore.

Funnel Cake - (1-2 drops to oz of base) It is a bit artifiacl in flavor, but you do get that hint of the fair ground funnel cake...a wee bit cheap one but you get it, I have flash backs to my parents getting me one at a fair. Light sweetening with is perfect.

Ginger Bread - (1-2 drops to oz of base)  It is there but it seems..a bit off it is honestly not what I expected seems weak and like someone forgot and important ingredient.

Glazed Doughnut - (1-2 drops to oz of base) Again I am expecting that family bakery doughnut but not quite there. I get a doughnut but it taste like a prepackaged one.. the fried dough comes across stronger then the chocolate one but the glaze comes off artificial in notes.

Honey - (1 drop to a oz of base) Comes off perfect as honey, NOTE when adding to a drink go 1 drop to 2-3oz, I love putting 4-6 drops in my tea for a honey tea with a non nutritive sweetener.

Lemon Meringue Pie v2 (2 drops per oz of base) This come off a bit weak in my opinion needs a bit more tang, but it is pretty accurate you can taste a light Meringue flavor and the lemon, I do not get a crust or that burnt top of the meringue but it is pretty good.

New York Cheese Cake - (2 drops to a oz) This one is pretty accurate, missing a bit of the tang but still pretty good, be sure to add sweetner to it to bring it out.

New York Cheese Cake V2 - (1-2 drops to a oz) This one....well it plainly has a very artificial flavor to it, like some off brand cheap in store one...almost want to say Jack in the box cheese cake. It is there and stronger but clearly something off.

Peanut Butter V2 - (1 drop to a oz) This is a very tricky one, it is a peanut free peanut butter safe for people with peanut allergies or intolerance issues. To bring it out your base needs to be rich and nutty, and depending on your base you might need more flavor as the fats to bring out the peanut flavor also cover the flavoring and the balance is tricky. This one particularly has a issue with numbing your tongue...I am just glad to taste peanut butter, I add 8 drops to a jar of sun butter warmed up in a bowl stir then put back in the jar to make it taste more like peanut butter. I also do this with my almond butters. Great to have it back in my life....goes great in cookies/cakes also.

Strawberries and Cream - (1 drop to a oz) This is a strong one and a hard to pick up on one, the cream is not so much present as the straw berry but ....its straw berry but not strawberry something is missing from the berry profile and I can not tell what. Still great in baked goods, not very good in dips, shakes, butters. Be sure to sweeten properly.

Sugar Cookie (1-2 Drops to a oz) This is a strong and oddy, I expected those soft pastry flour xmas cookies from my child hood....it is there but off. You get the buttery cookie flavor, missing the burnt sugar flavor, missing the baking powder/baking soda flavor...but still a cookie of some kind...add sweetener and it is alright but I just had higher expectations of it.

Vanilla Custard (1-2 drops per oz of base) THIS is a perfect base, strong custard flavor with vanilla, I use it combo with many other flavors. goes great in dessert fillings, shakes, icecream, dips. Sweeten to taste and enjoy.

Waffle (1-2 drops per oz of base, this is bit of a maple flavor with a hint of that browned waffle flavor, sweeten well and it honestly taste well.....like a maple soaked waffle the maple is stronger then the waffle flavor but you get it none the less.

Wild Cherry with Stevia - (2 drops to a oz) This one is interesting I was expecting a cherry flavor but got more of a cherry pie filling flavor, it honestly taste the a cherry pie filling sweeten a tad and enjoy in everything.

LilyR Rising Star

Thanks for sharing your reviews.  About how many drops would you put in a cup of coffee?  I am not used to gluten-free baking yet, but that sounds like a nice way to add different flavors.  

What kind of porridge do you use?  So far I have only tried cream of rice, but was wondering what else there might be?  I wonder how these would be in cream of rice.  

Ennis-TX Grand Master
1 hour ago, LilyR said:

Thanks for sharing your reviews.  About how many drops would you put in a cup of coffee?  I am not used to gluten-free baking yet, but that sounds like a nice way to add different flavors.  

What kind of porridge do you use?  So far I have only tried cream of rice, but was wondering what else there might be?  I wonder how these would be in cream of rice.  

I make porridge out of almond meal, coconut flour, and a nut butter like almond butter, sunflower butter etc, mixed with nut milk and 1-2 egg whites and stir til it thickens up over medium high heat normally. I just really do it on the fly....been eating it every day for lunch and sometimes breakfast for the past few weeks. Look up nut meal porridge for ideas, I sweeten to taste with non nutritive sweeteners like stevia, monk fruit, Lakanto, pyure, etc I choose a sweetener that compliments or works with my flavors.
Would be awsome in a cream of rice I bet, in coffee, I start wit 4 drops in a 12-16oz glass stir well and up by one drop, careful if you get too much it numbs the tougue or taste nasty. It also varies from flavor to flavor how it blends.
I will be doing some more reviews on the silver line soon...they are MUCH cheaper ....the fruit circles one....OMG it taste like fruit loops lol.

LilyR Rising Star
On 3/21/2018 at 12:51 PM, Ennis_TX said:

I make porridge out of almond meal, coconut flour, and a nut butter like almond butter, sunflower butter etc, mixed with nut milk and 1-2 egg whites and stir til it thickens up over medium high heat normally. I just really do it on the fly....been eating it every day for lunch and sometimes breakfast for the past few weeks. Look up nut meal porridge for ideas, I sweeten to taste with non nutritive sweeteners like stevia, monk fruit, Lakanto, pyure, etc I choose a sweetener that compliments or works with my flavors.
Would be awsome in a cream of rice I bet, in coffee, I start wit 4 drops in a 12-16oz glass stir well and up by one drop, careful if you get too much it numbs the tougue or taste nasty. It also varies from flavor to flavor how it blends.
I will be doing some more reviews on the silver line soon...they are MUCH cheaper ....the fruit circles one....OMG it taste like fruit loops lol.

That porridge sounds really good.  For some reason too many nuts and even coconut flour (in large amounts, seems okay if I use a little added to like white rice flour) seems to bother me.  I am hoping once my stomach heals more it won't bother me.  

That is funny you mention the fruit circles flavor. A few days ago I had this craving out of the blue for fruity pebbles or fruit loops and was thinking I can never have that flavor again.  I will have to try some of these out.  Why can it make your tongue numb though? Are they safe?  Is it just because it is so concentrated?  Just like you wouldn't want to put essential oils on your tongue, but in moderation some are okay to use in recipes?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ennis-TX Grand Master
2 hours ago, LilyR said:

That porridge sounds really good.  For some reason too many nuts and even coconut flour (in large amounts, seems okay if I use a little added to like white rice flour) seems to bother me.  I am hoping once my stomach heals more it won't bother me.  

That is funny you mention the fruit circles flavor. A few days ago I had this craving out of the blue for fruity pebbles or fruit loops and was thinking I can never have that flavor again.  I will have to try some of these out.  Why can it make your tongue numb though? Are they safe?  Is it just because it is so concentrated?  Just like you wouldn't want to put essential oils on your tongue, but in moderation some are okay to use in recipes?

Exactly...I licked a drop off the bottle once...straight up extracts like that....it numbed my tongue lol I JUST wanted that flavor and wondered what it would be like ultra concentrated... bad idea...I found testing flavors is best done by pouring 1/4 cup almond milk (2oz) into a measuring cup sweetening to taste then adding 2 drops whisking and trying and adjusting to find how it works. ....yeah I sometimes just put the fruit loops one in my coffee, or in almond milk sweeten with like pyure and drink it. They just came out with a Apple Jacks knock off last week. I miss cereal milks and these work great for that child hood nostalgia of drinking hte left over milk....they just need a cinnamon toast crunch, and a reeses puffs one...gotten close combining others but none are dead on.

LilyR Rising Star
On 3/24/2018 at 12:55 PM, Ennis_TX said:

Exactly...I licked a drop off the bottle once...straight up extracts like that....it numbed my tongue lol I JUST wanted that flavor and wondered what it would be like ultra concentrated... bad idea...I found testing flavors is best done by pouring 1/4 cup almond milk (2oz) into a measuring cup sweetening to taste then adding 2 drops whisking and trying and adjusting to find how it works. ....yeah I sometimes just put the fruit loops one in my coffee, or in almond milk sweeten with like pyure and drink it. They just came out with a Apple Jacks knock off last week. I miss cereal milks and these work great for that child hood nostalgia of drinking hte left over milk....they just need a cinnamon toast crunch, and a reeses puffs one...gotten close combining others but none are dead on.

That makes sense about it being so concentrated. 

It's these little things(foods/flavors) we start missing, I think.  I am wondering though if I will miss the crunch along with the flavor.  I haven't ordered any yet,but probably soon.  I jut splurged on some of those Christopher Bean flavored coffees for now.  (They were expected to arrive today and the mail just came and they aren't there....oh, the waiting, lol!). 

Apple Jacks would be good too. I used to get in cereal kicks every now and then.  I tried a honey nut Chex cereal recently which was really good dry, as a crunchy snack, and I was so happy.  But then my stomach got really bloated, so I think it must me something in the sweet coating on it. I can handle plain Rice Chex, but not sure about the flavored ones so far. I tried Pumpkin Cheerios and those bothered me.  I don't think I can eat oats at all, although I have not totally tested that yet. Maybe it was just something in the sweet flavoring on it, I don't know.

I am seeing immunology tomorrow and have no idea if they will do food allergy testing or not.  I am being sent there due to other health issues, but wonder if they will check food issues while I'm there.  

• 4 weeks later...
Ennis-TX Grand Master

Got samples and tried the Gram Crackers flavors, Apple Snacks, and the Rainbow candy one
The Gram Cracker V1 is not as definitive but more real while the v2 is more fake but stronger....NOTE on these you want to use 1 drop to like 4oz of base...like the honey they are very strong and if you use too much ....it taste like playdough.

The Rainbow Candy...ok I put a few drops in my tea and have tried it icing. It seems to vary depending on base so start off with 1 drop to 4oz base sweeten stir and check. It was very accurate, I actually got the flavor like someone had dumped a fun bag of skittles in the bottom of my cup. This is a odd one to use but at the same time fun.

Apple Snacks...like Apple Jacks it is 1 drop to a oz on this one, 2 or more if in a high fat base. Very interesting, like the cereal milk left over from a bowl of apple jacks as a kid. I find this one to be fun, going to be using it in smoothies, almond milk, and coffee for fun.

More to come review wise of the next week or so

Archived