This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Is Snuggle Exhilaration liquid fabric softener gluten free?

1Lazybug

1Lazybug Newbie

Hi new to this group... and being gluten free.

Does anyone know if Snuggle Exhilaration liquid fabric softener gluten free?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master
9 minutes ago, 1Lazybug said:

Hi new to this group... and being gluten free.

Does anyone know if Snuggle Exhilaration liquid fabric softener gluten free?

i can't imagine why it wouldn't be.  but its not really important for a Celiac as you don't eat it

Ennis-TX Grand Master
1 hour ago, kareng said:

i can't imagine why it wouldn't be.  but its not really important for a Celiac as you don't eat it

I do highly doubt it contains gluten, but this question goes along the lines of would you put vital wheat gluten in your laudery? What about flour all over you clothes, and wheat spray.......yeah no cause then you touch your clothes then your mouth, wipe your mouth with your sleeve, do you dish towels in it then wipe all your cooking surfaces down with wheat gluten.....like......I would just burn the house and file for insurance at that point........True your not eating it but your pretty much putting it everywhere so you will be eating trace amounts from CC for the next 6 months.

kareng Grand Master
8 minutes ago, Ennis_TX said:

I do highly doubt it contains gluten, but this question goes along the lines of would you put vital wheat gluten in your laudery? What about flour all over you clothes, and wheat spray.......yeah no cause then you touch your clothes then your mouth, wipe your mouth with your sleeve, do you dish towels in it then wipe all your cooking surfaces down with wheat gluten.....like......I would just burn the house and file for insurance at that point........True your not eating it but your pretty much putting it everywhere so you will be eating trace amounts from CC for the next 6 months.

That this not the same thing at all! It’s a rinse in the laundry.  Even if it didn’t rinse all the way out, you aren’t trailing flour around the house. There is no reason for people to over react and make life harder.  Most of us don’t want to live like that!  

If this sort of thing was a real Celiac concern, I would expect the Celiac experts would warn us about.  However,I have never seen a credible  source telling us we must have separate laundry machines and can’t use machines used by “ Gluten eaters”.  

1Lazybug Newbie

Thanks.  I don't have Celiac,  but I am sure I have Gluten Ataxia. Just trying to eliminate if necessary especially until I get a true dx.

ravenwoodglass Mentor
37 minutes ago, 1Lazybug said:

Thanks.  I don't have Celiac,  but I am sure I have Gluten Ataxia. Just trying to eliminate if necessary especially until I get a true dx.

You need to stay on gluten while any celiac related testing is being done. Have they done an MRI? Folks with gluten ataxia will have lesions called 'UBO's" or unidentified bright objects. They are similiar to the lesions found in MS. If found they will sometimes do a spinal tap to rule out MS. If you haven't already do get a celiac panel run along with your B12 levels.  Low B12 is not uncommon with celiac and can cause nerve related issues.

As to the original query. If you are concerned get a 'free and clear' product. There shouldn't be an issue gluten wise but some folks are sensitive to scents and chemicals.

1Lazybug Newbie

My MRI has been clear. They did a spinal tap back in May which was also good.  MS ruled out many times. All my symptoms match Gluten Ataxia, but I don't know for sure since I don't have a dx. However, I DO have Hashimotos so at least going Gluten Free is necessary for that.

I go to my Rheumatologist on Jan. 30th, 2018. Can a Rheumatologist determine Gluten Ataxia? If so how long should I be back on Gluten for testing? 

Thanks for the heads up on Free and Clear products. I will look into that.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ennis-TX Grand Master
33 minutes ago, 1Lazybug said:

My MRI has been clear. They did a spinal tap back in May which was also good.  MS ruled out many times. All my symptoms match Gluten Ataxia, but I don't know for sure since I don't have a dx. However, I DO have Hashimotos so at least going Gluten Free is necessary for that.

I go to my Rheumatologist on Jan. 30th, 2018. Can a Rheumatologist determine Gluten Ataxia? If so how long should I be back on Gluten for testing? 

Thanks for the heads up on Free and Clear products. I will look into that.

Open Original Shared Link

Archived