• Join our community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease?  Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes
pamelaD

gluten-free 'chex' Mix?

Rate this topic

Hi all,

Has anyone come up with a gluten-free 'chex' mix type snack? Are corn and rice Crunch'Ems officially gluten-free? I bought a packet of the chex mix seasoning and it looks OK, has anyone used it?

Thanks,

Pam

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

I just made some party mix! I used the corn crunch ems. I cannot get rice ones right now. Apparently there is some manufacturing problem with the rice. So I only had corn cereal in the mix. :(

I used 8 cups cereal, 1 cup gluten-free pretzels (glutino), and 1 cup nuts. Place the dry ingredients in a ziploc bag. Melt 1/2 stick butter, 1 1/2 tsp season salt (McCormick), and 4 1/2 tsp worstchersire (sp?) sauce. Pour wet over dry. Shack bag. Place mixture in a microwave safe bowl and zap on high for 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Cool and enjoy! :D

Hez

I made chex mix with the rice and corn crunch'ems and then also made people puppy chow with them!! MMMMMMMMMM good stuff. I used the recipe off of the chex website and just subbed in the health valley cereals and gluten free pretzles and such.

3/4 teaspoons garlic powder

1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt

1/2 teaspoon onion powder

1 cup mixed nuts

1 cup pretzels

1 cup garlic-flavor bite-size bagel chips or regular-size bagel chips, broken into 1-inch pieces

9 cups Cereal

6 tablespoons margarine or butter*

2 tablespoons LEA & PERRINS® Worcestershire sauce

Heat oven to 250. Melt margarine in large roasting pan in oven. Stir in seasonings. Gradually stir in remaining ingredients until evenly coated. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container. 12 cups snack.

*Do not use spread or tub products

Microwave Directions: Melt margarine in large microwavable bowl uncovered on High. Stir in seasonings. Gradually stir in remaining ingredients until evenly coated. Microwave uncovered on High 5 to 6 minutes, thoroughly stirring every 2 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.

Important: Because microwaves cook differently, time is approximate.

1 serving(1/2 cup): 130 calories(70 calories from fat); 8 g fat(1.5g saturated); 0 mg cholesterol; 340 mg sodium; 14 g carbohydrate(1 g fiber); 2g protein.

High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No changes

Enjoy!!

-Jessica :rolleyes: