This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Bette Hagaman Had A Stroke:(

angel-jd1

angel-jd1 Community Regular

:( I learned of this information from another site and thought I would share since I'm sure many of you have Bette Hagmans books and have at least heard of her...

It is with deepest sorrow we let you know that Bette Hagman, (The Gluten-Free Gourmet) has suffered a stroke and is recuperating in a local hospital. Her daughter will be coming to Seattle to be with her mother. Please keep Bette and her family in your prayers and thoughts.

All communication for Bette and her family should be sent in care of GIG. As we are given more information, we will keep you informed.

Emails for Bette: admin@gluten.net

Letters/Cards: Bette Hagman

C/O GIG

15110 - 10th Ave SW, Ste A

Seattle WA 98166-1820

Cynthia Kupper, RD, celiac disease

Executive Director

Gluten Intolerance Group

206-246-6652

206-246-6531 Fax

www.gluten.net

Just thought several of you would be interested in knowing this. -Jessica

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

plantime Contributor

My prayers are with her and her family. She has made a wonderful contribution to our lives through her cookbooks.

zippyten Newbie

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but didn't seem appropriate in the "baking & cooking section." I subscribe to a celiac list-serv and received info last night that Bette Hagman, the gluten-free gourmet author, has been hospitalized due to a stroke. Some of you may already have heard this but I thought others might want to know as well. Below is the info I was given in case anyone wants to send their good wishes for a fast recovery.

"It is with deepest sorrow we let you know that Bette Hagman, (The Gluten-Free Gourmet) has suffered a stroke and is recuperating in a local hospital. Her daughter will be coming to Seattle to be with her mother. Please keep Bette and her family in your prayers and thoughts.

All communication for Bette and her family should be sent in care of GIG. As we are given more information, we will keep you informed."

Emails for Bette: admin@gluten.net

Letters/Cards: Bette Hagman

C/O GIG

15110 - 10th Ave SW, Ste A

Seattle WA 98166-1820

Cynthia Kupper, RD, celiac disease

Executive Director

Gluten Intolerance Group

206-246-6652

206-246-6531 Fax

www.gluten.net

• 2 months later...

has anyone heard how Bette is doing since her stroke? I hadn't heard anything about it since it happened....updates appreciated.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

burdee Enthusiast

I heard about Bette's stroke 3 months ago, since I live in Seattle. She used to attend one of our local support groups. So the 'stroke' news is 3 months old--unless she had another stroke since then. :o However, I have not heard anything from any of our local celiac support group members about how she's doing. I'll call the Seattle GIG Office on Monday to post updated info here.

BURDEE

Yep the information on her condition was posted back on April 20th, however I was just curious how she is doing. Thanks.

-Jessica

Guest cd&dhspruehead

This is the first time I've heard about her stroke.When did it happen?

:o:(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

burdee Enthusiast

OK, I just spoke to the Seattle GIG office about Bette Hagman. I'm not sure exactly when she had her stroke, but I guess it was around late March or early April. :unsure: She has been alert and speaking even right after her stroke, but she's still recovering physically. She does read encouragement cards and notes, so she would appreciate those. :) I don't know the address of the recovery facility where she's staying, but you could send notes in care of the Seattle GIG office:

Gluten Intolerance Group

15110 - 10th Ave SE, Suite A

Seattle, WA 98166-1820

The best news is that she is very determined to recover and return home ASAP.

BURDEE

Thank you for checking on that. I'm glad to know she is gaining speed!!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

92939 Newbie

Thank you all for posting the news of Bette Hagman. She is really a smart person and I have several of her cookbooks and also use her recipe for 4 blend flour rather than buy already mixed. She certainly will be in my prayers for a speedy recovery because we need her help and advice.

Jean of NC

• 3 years later...

Rest in Peace Bette. You were a inspiration to many.

Archived