This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Jelly Belly Jellybeans

debmidge

debmidge Rising Star

Pleasantly surprised that they are Gluten Free.

Found this on the Frequently Asked Questions section

of their website.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

teebs in WV Apprentice

Yay! Thanks for sharing. I LOVE Jelly-belly jelly beans.

hez Enthusiast

If I remember correctly (big if) most of the flavors are gluten-free but not all. I think buttered popcorn is NOT safe.

Hez

SharonF Contributor

I think it's the buttered toast flavor that's not gluten-free.

mommida Enthusiast

buttered popcorn was on a list saying it was not gluten free, but things change.

CMCM Rising Star
Pleasantly surprised that they are Gluten Free.

Found this on the Frequently Asked Questions section

of their website.

Yahooie! I love those things...especially the cherry, tangerine and cinnamon ones! They're the only ones I get!

Kasey'sMom Enthusiast

I just downloaded the lastest version of Clan Thompson and it looks like the buttered toast flavor is now gluten free. :)

Here's the link that debmidge mentioned.

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

debmidge Rising Star

The Jelly Belly website didn't make a distinction on individual flavors not being gluten-free. It stated that their Jelly Belly jelly beans are gluten free...wouldn't that mean that all flavors then are gluten-free?

Anyone who wants more info ..and to verify specific flavors...should contact this manufacturer to clear any matters up.

• 1 month later...
teankerbell Apprentice
The Jelly Belly website didn't make a distinction on individual flavors not being gluten-free. It stated that their Jelly Belly jelly beans are gluten free...wouldn't that mean that all flavors then are gluten-free?

Anyone who wants more info ..and to verify specific flavors...should contact this manufacturer to clear any matters up.

This is exactly what they say in the Questions Section:

Question:

Are your Jelly Belly jelly beans gluten-free?

Answer:

Yes they are. We do not use any wheat, rye, barley, or oats in the recipe for Jelly Belly jelly beans. The modified food starch used in the manufacture of our jelly bean candies is cornstarch.

So with that I would say they are all gluten-free

Archived