• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes

Fat Burger

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I love their chocolate milkshakes and am not opposed to eating a bunless burger with some ketchup and pickles on it, but does anyone have any info on whether any of their food is safe. Oh and also their fries. I think they are fried in dedicated fryers but not positive. I can e-mail the company but figured I would check here first.

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

I know they also serve onion rings, so I don't think they have dedicated fryers...

As long as the meat is 100% beef, you should be fine (assuming they don't put the buns on the grill) -- I would be careful about condomints also -- some fatburgers swipe the ladel into the condomints (mayo) and swipe it onto the bread and then place the ladle back in the mayo -- cross contamination...

i just saw this post and was wondering the same thing-- i went to fatburger when i was in vegas-- i had a bunless burger and fries there. about 15 minutes later i was violently ill and was sick the rest of the day, but i also questioned whether this was a gluten reaction (it was a "different" kind of sickness). So i know that wasnt helpful, but id be very interested in hearing if you find out, as i still dont know what made me sick!

Guess what folks? Fatburger now has a gluten free bun option for only an extra $1.25!!! I am so happy. Check it out. I went to the location in Bellevue, WA, I'm assuming all other locations offer the same.

Ads by Google:

Guess what folks? Fatburger now has a gluten free bun option for only an extra $1.25!!! I am so happy. Check it out. I went to the location in Bellevue, WA, I'm assuming all other locations offer the same.

Must be your local franchisee. I checked mine - he has one in the same building as my office and he doesn't do anything extra for true gluten-free - as far as CC goes.

Must be your local franchisee. I checked mine - he has one in the same building as my office and he doesn't do anything extra for true gluten-free - as far as CC goes.

I went to the downtown Redmond, WA Fat Burger today and watched them prepare food. I am not Gluten Free, but my wife is. As they were preparing my order, we watched them continuously feed buns into the toaster, without chaning their gloves. I believe their buns can get cross contaminated by the toaster, and the preparers gloves. I also believe they can get cross contaminated by the condiment knives. They fry their onion rings and fries in the same fryer as well. While their buns may be gluten free, cross contamination is a high possibility there.

Ads by Google: