This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Tabasco® And Mcilhenny Farms® Products

pattic

pattic Rookie

Hi everyone! y'all are so helpful to me, so I'm passing on an email response I got. I inquired about their bloody mary mix. (I sound like an ancoholic! I just asked if anyone knew about baily's, now I have info on bloody mary mix!!! LOL) Anyway, thought someone might benefit from this:

Thank you for your interest in our TABASCO® and McIlhenny Farms® products. All of our products that contain vinegar as an ingredient, use high quality distilled vinegar. Distilled vinegar is produced by fermenting a grain based alcohol. The principal grains used to produce the alcohol are wheat and milo. Gluten and other proteins are completely removed during the alcohol fermentation and distillation process.

According to the definitions set forth by the Codex Alimentarius Commission, a joint standards program of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United States (FAO), the following TABASCO® Brand products are considered “Gluten Free”:

TABASCO® Brand Pepper Sauce

TABASCO® Brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce

TABASCO® Brand Habanero Pepper Sauce

TABASCO® Brand Garlic Pepper Sauce

TABASCO® Brand Green Pepper Sauce

TABASCO® Brand Garlic Basting Sauce

TABASCO® Brand New Orleans Style Sauce

TABASCO® Brand Caribbean Style Steak Sauce

These products were analyzed for Gluten by the Food Allergy Research and Resource Program (FARRP) at the University of Nebraska –Lincoln. FARRP was not able to find any detectable amounts of gluten in these products. If the McIlhenny Company can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to ask

.......you're welcome!

~Patti in NJ~

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Carriefaith Enthusiast

Thanks! Is that new information?

pattic Rookie

I don't if it's 'new' as in updated (changes), but I did just get the info emailed to me today if that helps any. I'm new to the board and may be telling some people what they already know, but as I get info I'll post it for anyone who might find it useful.

:)

great pic w/ dog! I'm an animal lover too!

btw-how do I get my siggy to not show {color/font}?????? LOL

Carriefaith Enthusiast

Thanks! That's new information to me! I thought that those products had gluten in them so I am very excited! I love seeing new information from companies so post away!

Archived