This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Poll: Who Will Eat

jknnej

Ashley Enthusiast

'Course not, I'm sick of hurting with my stomach...even though I kind of thought they had gluten, I eat them until they released they had wheat in them.

And, for anyone who said 'yes', why risk having those terrible side-effects when you can drag out the deep fryer, go get some frozen french fries at your local market and have 'em at home? Yeah, I know, it's nothing like fast-food kind. But, I've learned with Celiac that your life should not revolve food and there's more to life than it. Eat to live, not live to eat.

Me? I'm from the 'States in Tennessee. :lol:

• 3 years later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hannahp57 Contributor

NO!!!!!!!!

even if they say "gluten free"

have you ever seen the fast food kitchen. not clean AT ALL. and certainly not organized enough to protect me from CC. There is now way. i dont eat anything from fast food except plain salads, and only when it is unavoidable

caligirl2001 Newbie

No. Learned my lesson a few weeks ago, the hard way.

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Nope

WA/OR USA

msmini14 Enthusiast

No - USA. Never have and never will. Funny how this old post popped up lol

larry mac Enthusiast

Yes. USA.

Had some today, along with a double quarter pounder with cheese, sans bun of course.

I was really sick for two years, got completely better immediately on a strict gluten-free diet. Going on 30 months now and haven't had a reaction to them one single time. I don't believe there is any measurable "gluten" in Mcdonald's fries.

best regards, lm

Lisa Mentor

I might have commented somewhere in the past ten pages, but YES.

I have no problem eating McD's fries, but always away that CC can be a high risk.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Swpocket Rookie

Nope

Canada-B.C

JennyC Enthusiast

Yes. The wheat is a starting product in a flavoring in the oil. That component is processed in a way that is analogous to distillation. They have been ELISA tested to be <20 ppm, so I consider them safe, cross contamination issues aside. In regards to cross contamination, I don't even think the employees touch the fries! :P They open them up, dump them in dedicated friers, then use the metal tool to put the fries into the containers. I trust ELISA methods and processes such as distillation.

mushroom Proficient

Haven't eaten anything at any McDonalds anywhere in 29 years.

msmini14 Enthusiast
Haven't eaten anything at any McDonalds anywhere in 29 years.

lol, sometimes I look at all the fast food commercials and ask myself how do people actually eat that stuff? Sorry went off topic there. :ph34r:

foodiegurl Collaborator
lol, sometimes I look at all the fast food commercials and ask myself how do people actually eat that stuff? Sorry went off topic there. :ph34r:

I agree!

I have not eaten McD's in years and it has nothing to do with being Celiac. I only found out about Celiac this year, but it has been over 10 years since i will go to a fast food place (with the exception of Chipotle - lol)

samcarter Contributor

Nope, but mostly because McDonald's fries are gross. I always preferred Wendy's. :P

MomToACeliac Newbie

No

USA

Juliebove Rising Star

Nope. Won't eat there.

GottaSki Mentor

I'm new and I do know that one...NO WAY! USA

miles2go Contributor

Yes - USA

minniejack Contributor
I will never grace the inside of another Mc'Ds.

NO.

Southern California

Always hated McD's because it made me so sick--didn't realize it was the evil bun.

Now, I willingly go there with my kids and am never sick. I consider their fries safe. Actually, it's the only place out that I will consider eating fries. :D

cyberprof Enthusiast
I agree!

I have not eaten McD's in years and it has nothing to do with being Celiac. I only found out about Celiac this year, but it has been over 10 years since i will go to a fast food place (with the exception of Chipotle - lol)

No, I won't eat at McD.

Foodiegurl, that's funny because Chipotle (last I heard) was owned by McD's.

ginafur77 Newbie

Never

Southern IL

USA

Archived