This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

A Class Action Suit Against Mcds...

Cheri A

tiredofdoctors Enthusiast

God, Mother Earth AND our relatives & ancestors (and my husband for kissing me after eating Penn Station Sub) . .. . can you get an award from dead ancestors and make the people who were in the will give it to you????????? :lol::lol::lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chrissy Collaborator

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

christine

connole1056 Rookie

I would join a lawsuit in a minute. I am not a suit-happy person. I am angered when I read about ridiculous lawsuits, but I do not think this would be one. It is awful that a company had questions about the food it produced and did not say anything about it. As to the person whi asked why a person would continue eating food she knew was making her sick, did you consider the woman did not know what was making her sick? It is not always easy to determine the source of gluten in a celiac diet. Some people do not have reactions to gluten for three days!!! That means a person has to go back through many foods to determine the gluten culprit. Then there are people who are like my daughter and do not have ANY symptoms of contamination. She became sick one weekend and that led to one year of testing before the celiac disease diagnosis. She was always smaller than other girls her age and had dark circles under her eyes. So that, combined with a few stomach aches was all we had to go on. I would have expected a little more compassion from celiacs. I wish my daughter had immediate reactions when she eats gluten. Unless, you have been there you have no clue how hard it is.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

The fries have tested negative for gluten so I dont really see how anyone can sue McDonalds for their health problems. Also if someone is so terribly ill what are they doing eating at McDonalds all the time? If you are getting reactions and have no idea why you must be eating the fries pretty frequently or you'd be able to determine fries=feeling sick.

Also everyone knows there is a risk of cross conatmination everytime we eat out. We need to be responsible for our own health issues. If I was feeling sick all the time one of the *first* things I'd stop eating would be fast food. Its a no-brainer. Fast food isnt healthy for anyone and especially for someone who is sooo ill.

ebrbetty Rising Star

I agree rachel..I couldn't eat that crap even before I got sick, my son won't eat it either.

did you know they add baking soda to their meat to keep customers stomachs from reacting to that low grade stuff :blink:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I agree rachel..I couldn't eat that crap even before I got sick, my son won't eat it either.

did you know they add baking soda to their meat to keep customers stomachs from reacting to that low grade stuff :blink:

Actually I LOVE McDonalds and it was one of my favorite places to eat before I got sick. However, we all know its not healthy food by any means. Now that I'm aware of my problems with food...I dont eat there. I'm trying to heal and my health is #1 priority....which is why it baffles my mind to read about these people who were violently ill...yet they're out there eating at McDonalds all the time. :blink:

Then they want to turn around and SUE for their own lack of common sense. If I was going to McDonalds all the time and having my health destroyed because of it...I'd be blaming myself. If the fries actually *did* contain gluten I'd be angry but I never felt that we were lied to and I would have bet money the fries are free of gluten. And they are.

chrissy Collaborator

been there (am there?) we have 3 celiac kids without immediate gluten reactions----at least not that we have figured out yet. one of the sayings i love is "mcdonald's is not real food". i also have to wonder why someone who had a very sick child would be eating at mcd's on a regular basis.

we don't eat at mcd's-----but i would if someone took me there and paid.............

christine

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lovegrov Collaborator

Sorry connole, but with something like celiac, if you or your child is getting ill, the FIRST thing you should do is stop eating at places like McD. They are the most likely to have CC.

richard

debmidge Rising Star

I realize the gluten contamination could be a 3 day wait, but as soon as you feel it coming on, you think about the most likely place it could happen: outside your home - either home of another person or restaurant. If you know you're home is "safe" then you can only assume that something from outside your home is the culprit.

Since my husband was diagnosed in 2003 he has not eaten any fast foods for this very reason: there's a low level of trust, especially when you are dealing with kitchen staff that must play "beat the clock" to get hamburgers/fries out. They aren't going to be as careful as another type of restaurant establishment might be.

VydorScope Proficient
Sorry connole, but with something like celiac, if you or your child is getting ill, the FIRST thing you should do is stop eating at places like McD. They are the most likely to have CC.

richard

But Richard, you implying personal responiblity, somthing that was outlawed here in America after the famous spilled coffee lawsuite. :(

plantime Contributor
But Richard, you implying personal responiblity, somthing that was outlawed here in America after the famous spilled coffee lawsuite. :(

Yeah, you are saying that we can't blame everyone except ourselves for things we do!

jerseyangel Proficient

"Personal responsibility"--now there's a novel idea! :D

Archived